“excellent service”

Maengwyn Cafe
Ranked #14 of 33 Restaurants in Machynlleth
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Went here for lunch , had an all day breakfast, which was superb value for money, & the service was quick, especially as they where so busy, which is testament of a good establishment, Family run business, excellent value for money, their Roast meals on sundays are very delicious!.So definitely worth a visit!1

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Arrived in town on a business trip. Due to an office oversight I had to wait for my contact to arrive. A quick check on TripAdvisor and I knew where I would be having breakfast.

I had a mug of filter coffee and a 'small' breakfast. All very nice.

The place is nothing special to look at but it is clean and very popular with the locals - unfortunately I don't speak welsh so missed out on the gossip about her at number 67 being no better than she should be etc. 8)

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Homely cafe serving homemade cooked food,very friendly staff,well used by locals always pointing to quality and value. Will use again.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Entering the cafe is like going back fifty years. It is simple with a hand written chalk menu board and counter at the rear and lots of wooden tables.

My wife and I have eaten here on several occasions, but this is the first time I put a review on TripAdvisor.

On our last visit, we both ordered the 'normal' size roast dinners, as opposed to the 'small' portions. The amount of food that arrived on the plates was enormous. Lots of vegetables, but also lots and lots of meat with good gravy.

I can't remember the exact price, but I think the meals only costed around £7 each. Amazing value. Note that you order at the counter and pay on order for everything.

The service is very good and the staff are all pleasant.

On previous occasions we have also had their pie and chips offering, and again, the large plates are really piled up with food. You always get a big slice of the home-made pie of the day.

The cafe is full of locals and seems to be the place to socialise. There is a great atmosphere. You really feel like this is the centre of Machynlleth. Many of the tables can sit 10 people.

I wish this cafe was nearer home so that I could visit more often.

1  Thank Dave A
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Lovely friendly Cafe, always makes people feel really welcome. Makes the best Milky Coffee in Machynlleth

1  Thank Sallie A