“Didn't want to leave!!”
Review of Paradise Farmhouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Presteigne
Paradise Farmhouse
manchester UK
“Didn't want to leave!!”
Reviewed 17 May 2011

I can't say enough good things about Paradise farms, everything was pretty much perfect!
Gorgeous setting, fantastic views from our (massive and VERY comfy) bed out through the windows, very clean and well thought out rooms, big bath and power shower. Everything worked perfectly and it was so clean we genuinely thought we might be the first to use the room.
Lovely friendly family that run it, very nice to talk to and totally unobtrusive if you just want to hide away in your room and enjoy being on holiday. They cook a fantastic breakfast too!

The village is friendly and the surrounding area is steeped in history and teeming with wildlife, I'd recommend the Stag Inn as a treat if you fancy a good meal out.

Room Tip: just ask!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tgrw

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Urunga, Australia
Reviewed 8 May 2011

This was our second trip to Paradise Farmhouse and certainly didn't disappoint. The stayed in one of the self-contained cottages. The cottages have a full kitchen with all the modern applicances you need. Great lounge/reception area overlooking the rolling hills and adjoining farms. The view from the upstairs bedroom is even more spectacular!! There is a massive bathroom off the upstairs bedroom with shower over the full size bath. Hair dryer is provided.
The property is located close to the picturesque town of Presteigne on the english and welsh boarder. The town has two supermarkets, a number of Pubs - my favourite is the Dukes which has great atmosphere and loads of little quaint shops.
I can HIGHLY recommend Paradise Farmhouse, an exceptional experience.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LucyLou2455
Foshan, China
Reviewed 6 January 2011

I "won" my stay at the paradise farmhouse in an auction of promises for charity and so didn't have much of an idea of what to expect when I arrived for my weekend there in December 2010. I was absolutely stunned by the beautiful cottage, (sparkling clean, artistically decorated and fully equipped with everything you could ever need- including organic milk and butter) and the fantastic location. The view from our bedroom window was phenominal, especially to city dwellers like us that long to live somewhere as lovely as Presteigne!
We were greeted by the friendly and helpful owners, who were extremely apologetic that the cottage wasn't ready for us, (even though we arrived unannounced, several hours early). In fact, it was completely ready, there just wasn't any milk in the fridge! But even that was seen to promptly.
The bedroom and bathroom were both huge and were immaculate. There were also two other bedrooms, (that would have slept three), and the cottage felt spacious, yet cosy.
We spent the weekend going for walks, cooking and eating lots and enjoying the lovely countryside. A thoroughly recommended spot and a possible new Christmas tradition for us!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Unterwegin
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 December 2010

Great place to stay a short walk back from the Presteigne.

Nice farmhouse/country location with excellent modern accommodation. This is a new property and has great facilities, in a peaceful location. I am sure this would be a great place for all types of groups to stay. Property is split into two halves so could accommodate cosy couples (just book half) or larger groups with separate kitchens to give a larger group flexibility (as we did).

Games area available to enjoy and beat cabin fever if the Welsh weather turns poor.

Please don't book it for when I next want to visit!

• Stayed October 2010
Leeds
Reviewed 21 August 2010

We had booked an apartment/cottage, which is like a house really. There was a large lounge/kitchen/diner and a spacious double bedroom (with disabled bathroom) downstairs. Upstairs was a very large double bedroom with a large bathroom. As a veteran business traveller, the first thing that struck me was the quality and style of the accommodation. The premises are a newly built replacement to original barn buildings, and have been very well designed and fitted out with high quality materials, eg wood floors and Laufen bathroom.

On this occasion I was travelling with my husband and 8 year old son, who was delighted by the owner's friendly dog. He played with her a lot and cried when he had to leave her to go home! We stayed four nights on a bed & breakfast basis. The breakfasts are good quality, with locally sourced products used where possible. Food was cooked to order, in good time, and everything served hot.

I found the beds particularly comfortable.

The location is ideal - in the countryside yet close to the nearest town, Presteigne. It's close enough to walk into the town where we found a small supermarket, restaurants, shops and pubs. There seems to be a thriving community and plenty to do on an evening.

Presteigne is a pretty town and we found several other beautiful places nearby- I'm a photographer so am always looking for good shots!

The wireless internet works only in the dining room which is open all the time. It was easy enough to carry my laptop through there when I needed to check my emails.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Paula99Leeds
Tarascon-sur-Ariege, France
Reviewed 1 August 2010

Some places feel like home, familiar in a timeless way there is a welcome calm, a sense of friendship and spaciousness. Paradise Farm (the historic name and apt name for its new lease of life after its loving restoration) is such a place. My visit was too sort, and so I look forward to return to bask some more and replenish.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
north wales
Reviewed 22 July 2010

We arrived to a warm welcome and we were shown to our accommodation. The accommodation was more like a small house with new everything! To be honest I would be very happy to have a house like that!

There was a living room and fully equipped new kitchen with oven and microwave as well as a dining table. Up the stairs was the bedroom with the most amazing views over hills and forests. The bathroom was new and had a good powerful shower and bath.

The breakfast the next morning was excellent, we said the day before what time we would like to have breakfast and it was all ready when we went into another building. There was tea, coffee, orange juice. Yoghurts, cereal, toast and jam, cooked breakfast, porridge, eggs, croisants to choose from.

We were looked after exceptionally well! We would definately stay there again, better than any hotel!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank abcdefg1NorthWales

Been to Paradise Farmhouse? Share your experiences!