“Delicious meal”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Friendly service and a generous, delicious and unusual meal - it was the first time we had eaten a meze.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We have eaten at The Fig Tree many times and every time is has been excellent food, great friendly service. Nothing is to much trouble, cheerful staff and relaxed atmosphere. Tonight I had the Moroccan Chicken and it was excellent! Can't praise this place enough. Kris and Steph, are wonderful people and I wish them all the best.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Very friendly and efficient husband and wife team. Husband originally from Cyprus, does the cooking, wife cheerfully takes the orders. Wish we had had the specials. Must go back

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Presteigne is a small town in Wales, near the border with England. One of the eating places is The Fig Tree a small trestaurant which serves really lovely food, whether you choose a more basic or more adventurous dish. The friendly chef takes such trouble over the preparation - you can tell he cares about his customers. There are many Greek touches - not easy in a medieaval half-timbered building - and some delicacies from Greece and Cyprus. Strongly recommended.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Walking into The Fig Tree on a cold Winters evening resulted in a most welcoming warm reception from the owners of this delightful family run establishment.
With smiles all round my wife and myself were seated, ordered and fed with a most delightful 3 course Greek meal.
The starters were a mixture of hot and cold Meze.
The main course of Stiffado was cooked to perfection with tenderised beef and onions in the correct proportions.
The dessert of Baklava was delicious to the point in which I almost succumbed to ordering a second helping ,however my wife stopped me !
Will I return again ?
Will I recommend eating here ?
The answer is undoubtedly yes :)
As a matter of fact I have already decided that I must have the Mini Meze to share along with two desserts !
Staff and hosts/owners were attentive and congenial and this only added to a culinary experience well worth repeating.