“Cozy, Friendly Yurt Stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Welshpool
Strawberry Skys Yurts
Reviewed 6 June 2012

My girlfriend and I recently spent a long weekend at Strawberry Sky and if you enjoy the outdoors life with luxury comfort accommodation we would highly recommend a stay.

The setting is in beautiful part of Wales, staying in Mongolian Yurts which have more than ample room to enjoy relaxing lazy days. The Yurts themselves are placed so you’re far enough away to enjoy your own space and the kitchen, shower and toilet are all high standard. Inside the Yurts expect lots of comfort and lovely lighting which automatically go on when the sun goes down (we loved this surprise). There’s also plenty of tea tree lights as well so you can create you own intimate setting. Each Yurt also has a wood burner in the middle of the room with a cute chimney which puffs away and makes the yurt cozy and warm. Out side the yurts there is a fire area, picnic benches and BBQ area which you can relax in the open air before retiring to the Yurts comfort. There's also plenty of wood, fire lighters to keep your fires going and all you really need to bring is your duvet, food and BBQ coals.

We also had a walk down to the local village and found the directions easy to follow and a nice country walk across fields and farm land. The stay is also made comfortable by Anya and Eric who are also very helpful through booking, introduction and local information.

We both agree Strawberry Sky is great place to for a romantic or family break and overall it’s a lovely place to stay. Anya and Eric’ s have created a sanctuary for relaxing and enjoying the country life and we can’t wait till next time as I’m sure we will return in the future :)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 May 2012

We stayed here in April. My other half works abroad and missed his birthday in this country so I booked the large yurt for a little get together of him, me and 4 other friends as a surprise.
So the large yurt sleeps 6 and really prob not 6 adults but ive got to say we were all in there comfortably.
This place is in such a beautiful setting. Really peaceful...well until we turned up :-)
I am not a camper but this place was awesome. the kitchen was great, it had everything we needed and we all sat round the big table together eating dinner. The showers were excellent, hot shower, heated towel rail and a hair dryer. The compost toilet was odourless and no where near as bad as u would imagine actually not bad at all!!!
We found the yurts so sweet...with the log burner inside, which was easy to use once shown how! Except no one would get up at 5am to get it going again!!! There was a fire pit outside which we all enjoyed sitting round. Also the BBQ was used to cook a ton of meat.
This place could be very romantic if you took just you and your partner. Also it would be excellent for families as there is plenty of animals around and walking to be done!! But we had an awesome time as a group of friends.
Anya made the booking easy and answered any questions I had very promptly and im so sorry I cant remember Anyas husbands name but he was incredibly helpful and friendly. He showed us round told us about a pubs etc we could venture to (we didnt make it as we made our own pub at the yurt!!!) and then left us to it, but told us if we needed anything where to find him.
There are lamps and tea lights provided but defo take some tourches with you as in the evening when we were in the yurts without a tourch we wouldnt of been able to see anything.
We really wished we could of stayed for longer as this place was so relaxing and so fantastic to wake up to!!
Thank you guys for making this place lovely and accomadating us :)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Stayed at strawberry sky's last week of October. Had a great weekend, very relaxing.

Very well recommended and would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 25 September 2011

We recently hired out the whole site for my 30th birthday with 11 friends. The whole weekend was amazing and it is difficult to get across just how fantastic strawberry skys is!

Accommodation was lovely, the toilets better than you would think, great scenery, excellent kitchen area and very friendly,welcoming owners. We are already planning our return trip next year!

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Ctanker
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Hi,

I agree with other reviewers , very reluctant to leave a review as I would like to come back next year and fear it may get booked up!

We have an advantage as my partner grew up in Llanfair and knows the area very well. He had never heard of this place but is insisting we go back again. Its perfect, the new term 'glamping' is very apt for this place.

You will be met by the owner Eric on arrival, who will show you to your yurt and around the campsite. He is very friendly and informed about the area. We stayed in the smaller of the three yurts. This yurt had the advantage of being able to reverse up the dirt track leading onto the site, and being to unload the car. The other two yurts you would have to wheel barrow or carry your things. Do not be fooled, the walk up that little hill can take even the fittest persons breath away! :) Tired my little girl out of a night time.

Unlike other yurt sites that I have looked at firewood is in plenty supply at this site and included in your payment for stay, aswell as firelighters, candles, matches. We came prepared. You will however need to take your own charcoal should you plant to use the bbq, which is quite a large barbie! Do not make the mistake of using lots of logs on your woodburner in the yurt, the novelty of keeping warm while camping was too tempting and we ended up sat outside the yurt at 3am in our underwear trying to cool off it as we had stocked the woodburner to the brim.

I am a city girl and was quite scare of the eco toilet, honestly do not worry! It smelt better than a normal toilet. My only complaint about the whole stay (which is very minor and was remedied with a trip to the shop) was the lack of anti bacterial in the toilet. I am a bit ocd when it comes to things like toilet seats etc and felt that after closing the toilet seat which was in close proximity to waste, I wanted a anti bacterial handwash to use at the sink. I ended up using and leaving my own handgel there.

The kitchen has everything you could need, flasks to take hot water to your yurts for cuppas at night, every kind of pan you can think of, plenty of cutlery and plates , 3 shelves in the fridge for the three sets of people staying in the yurts etc. Again other minor complaint was that other guests left the door open to the kitchen and lights on, so being first in the kitchen at 7am I was greeted by a lot of flys and daddy long legs. All in all to have only two minor niggles during a camping/ hotel stay is fantastic.

Shower is hot, powerful, clean. Alot better than some campsites I have stayed at!!

I have already enquired about coming back in the next month. You will not be dissapointed. I came away feeling refreshed and relaxed. :) Thankyou Eric and Anya you are doing a great job.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2011

What a great holiday/break,
Me and the other half had a weekend here in 2009 with the kids (10) (2) and have been back 3 times since for a week each time, introducing various other friends and family member to life outside of London. The kids loved the wood chopping and fire prep (as did I) with no limbs lost :) Great photo's to be taken of the perfect views of meadows.
True country living, Loved it and will be back for my 4th visit next week,

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We actually stayed in 2009 but as I am about to return, I thought I'd write a long-delayed review for 2009 and then again for this year in a few days!
This is such a peaceful, unspoilt place to stay. A few yurts, not close together, in a field. Each has a log burner, a campfire area and a bbq; logs are available (and free), all you can hear is the wildlife and the roaring fire in the evening. Bliss!
It was really good fun to do something a bit different. Obviously it's not 5* luxury - one shower (in 2009 at least), a small but modern and well-stocked Scandinavian style kitchen hut with covered dining area for wet days and a compost toilet. But that's all part of the fun!!
There are things to do around the area - Powis Castle (National Trust) a local light railway (a bit costly), several markets, nice pubs, some beautiful walks around the waterfalls at Pistyll Rhaeadr. Or just cosy up next to the fire or in your comfortable, spacious yurt with a book or your holiday partner!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family