“Honest decent pub food, huge portions, friendly welcome”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Horse Shoe Inn

The Horse Shoe Inn
Ranked #11 of 52 Restaurants in Welshpool
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Honest decent pub food, huge portions, friendly welcome”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

A great place if you are after a massive meal, with a smiley welcome and in a convenient setting, with nice outdoor seating area.

I wouldn't hesitate to come back for a meal if I was after a proper filler.

The locally reared T-bone steak was delicious, so was the local ice-cream.

• Visited July 2013

Luton, United Kingdom
“The Adams Family Christmas Dinner Venue 2012”
Reviewed 24 December 2012

My Parents live in Newtown and it was decided we would have our Christmas meal at The Horse Shoe Inn.
We had last eaten at The Horse Shoe Inn back on Sunday September 30th 2012 and though the carvery we had was nice it wasn't that special, and what really let it down were the plates were cold and as we all know you do not put hot food on cold plates! - Service was extremly good and efficient.

The meals we had on this occasion were a totally different affair. and served on hot plates.

My father opted for the Beef and ale pie which looked and smelt delicous and was more than ample for his appetite accompanied by potatoes and vegetables.

My Mother opted for the Burger option which was good but the roll was rather tough and doughy, the fries were absolutley spot on.

I opted for the Gammon steak which vitually covered my plate and came with fries and a side salad and more than hit the spot.

Mum & Myself opted for the Eton Mess for desert and what a sugar hit that was!! absolutly perfect.

Dad had the Apple pie & Ice cream which didn't look like a genorous portion as it was served in rather large dessert bowl. but it was decieving and filled him up.

Mum & Myself opted for Coffee to finish which was very nice, a mint or a small buscuit would have been a nice finishing touch so maybe the Horse shoe Inn should consider this.

Service as back in September was faultless.

• Visited December 2012
England
“Great pub food”
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Definitely a classic pub restaurant, with great food and atmosphere. Location is easy to find (between Newtown and Welshpool) so convenient. Great pub grub.

2 Thank Fionafew
Newtown
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“good food good prices”
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Good value food, though a bit of an intimidating seating area, near big men watching sports on the telly, and the odd drunk. Staff are fairly friendly.

• Visited September 2011
Welshpool, England, United Kingdom
“Good sized country pub”
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Located on the Welshpool to Newtown road, so easy to find.
Refurbished recently with lots of seating.
On my visit I found the staff friendly and accommodating.
My sister and I stopped for a Sunday carvery. It was £12.95 for three courses. I had garlic mushrooms that were very tasty indeed, followed by the carvery. There was plenty of meat and veg and yorkshire pudding. The yorkshires were home made and the meat was off "proper" joints and was of a good quality. Some of the veg was a a bit soggy, however we were quite late, being nearly the last to be served on this service.
I will return as overall I enjoyed the meal and though it was very good value.

• Visited June 2012