“Nice shops”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I like visiting the Old station for a little look around the shops and they have toilets that are easily accessible but the coffee has recently changed and it is not as good. I also had a scone here and it was very stale which is annoying as they are so simple to make fresh, so I don't think there is much excuse. My daughter likes it here as there are gluten free options available. Friendly staff and good parking.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Called in here for Breakfast. Drawn in buy the big sign saying Buy one get one free for £5.95 which is great but even better it was really good standard. The whole breakfast was great especially the scrambled eggs which my husband ordered. The staff were so pleasant and cheerful. I will be definitely calling in again as the scones looked great :-) Added bonus loads of things for sale around you so came back with a few treats as well.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Yes we are regular visitors, always enjoyed the Costa Coffee, even though it does seem to take time to serve if there is a queue.

To our surprise recently they have changed to a different brand - a fairtrade one - I think it was Puro, but apologies if I have got this wrong. Although not Costa, none the less, we still find it enjoyable.

On a recent trip we came early for the 2 for 1 breakfast deal. Very tasty and good value.

As other people say, great place to break a journey, easy free parking just off the main road. As locals and regulars we can take advantage of any Edinburgh Woollen Mill sales that are on from time to time.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

Convenient because you can park outside, find easily and with a lift. I had a couple of elderly ladies with me and this helped. The Panini was good and the ladies enjoyed the minted lamb. Service was good but they could do with learning how to smile. Not cheap though for a café. Coffee used to be good but they have recently changed there provider and I was a little disappointed. Nice and clean.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

I would certainly visit this cafe and The old Station house again for a pit stop en route into Wales from Shropshire. Unassuming environment but a quick and cheerful service, a nice afternoon tea and savoury food, decent enough loos. A bit problematic for wheelchair users or those with difficulty walking as the cafe is upstairs and the lift was out if order. The shop had some interesting products.

1  Thank Sue L