“expensive but a very nice atmosphere”
Review of The Old Station

The Old Station
Ranked #22 of 51 Restaurants in Welshpool
Price range: US$3 - US$11
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Great for afternoon tea and scones. Located above one of the most popular shops in Welshpool at the old station it is worth the visit

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We live local and have morning tea here often. The staff are very helpful. Can be a little busy if there is a coach party. However it does need a tidy up at the front it's now looking a bit tatty.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I like visiting the Old station for a little look around the shops and they have toilets that are easily accessible but the coffee has recently changed and it is not as good. I also had a scone here and it was very stale which is annoying as they are so simple to make fresh, so I don't think there is much excuse. My daughter likes it here as there are gluten free options available. Friendly staff and good parking.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Called in here for Breakfast. Drawn in buy the big sign saying Buy one get one free for £5.95 which is great but even better it was really good standard. The whole breakfast was great especially the scrambled eggs which my husband ordered. The staff were so pleasant and cheerful. I will be definitely calling in again as the scones looked great :-) Added bonus loads of things for sale around you so came back with a few treats as well.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Yes we are regular visitors, always enjoyed the Costa Coffee, even though it does seem to take time to serve if there is a queue.

To our surprise recently they have changed to a different brand - a fairtrade one - I think it was Puro, but apologies if I have got this wrong. Although not Costa, none the less, we still find it enjoyable.

On a recent trip we came early for the 2 for 1 breakfast deal. Very tasty and good value.

As other people say, great place to break a journey, easy free parking just off the main road. As locals and regulars we can take advantage of any Edinburgh Woollen Mill sales that are on from time to time.