“Very Supprised” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Casa Paco Restaurant

Casa Paco Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 111 Restaurants in Barry
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Barry
“Very Supprised”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

I am 41 and have always lived in Barry. I have never tried this restaurant as the outside of the build looks very old fashioned and the menu looks very 70's.

I have heard from a friend that is was good and so with no expectations my partner and I thought we would give it a go. We went of a Thursday where the menu is £29.95 for 3 courses, but is 2 for 1, so in effect £15 per head.

We were greeted with a nice welcome when we arrived and immediately offered drinks. I was really glad to see they had draft beer. We sat in a waiting area and were given our menu's which I thought was unusual as this is normally given at the tables. The waitress then came a few mins later to take out offer which I though was again unusual.

Within 5 mins we where told out table was ready and the waitress carried our drinks to the table. The restaurant inside looks really nice. I was very surprised as the outside looks awful.

The food was dished up in a silver service way which took me by surprised. for a restaurant in Barry. I had whitebate, a chicken dish and a sticky toffee pudding. The food arrived pipping hot and was very tasty. I would stay the sticky toffee pudding was more like a golden syrup pudding as it had no dates or nuts. It was just sponge. However still very nice.

For me personally I still find the menu very 70's with dishes such as prawn cocktail, steaks and trifle. I would like to see dishes with a bit more spice and without the sauces.

However I would say the food and the service was probably the best we have ever had in any restaurant ever. We were both totally blown away.

I have never given this place a chance before based on appearance. I have been totally wrong. We will definantely return here again very soon.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Harding1000

Barry, United Kingdom
“birthday party dinner lush”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

very nice place nice to eat there aswell no rushing you some people do but had a nice meal with family thx

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank caca27
Barry
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

Always have a lovely meal , great value for money , excellent service, food always to a high standard . an friendly welcoming atmosphere with staff who are always willing to make sure you're meal is how you enjoy it.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Sheryl A
Barry, United Kingdom
“Great service and food in a small package”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

This Restaurant has been in Barry for over 40 years I have been here many times, the food is always excellent service is just as good. My meal consisted of French ship with cheese, a medium sirloin steak au poirve (brandy pepper sauce) with rice, fries and pet is pois, followed by an excellent chocolate fudge cake with ice cream Rasbury Cooley washed down with beautiful Irish coffee. For such a small establishment they turn out in my opinion 5 star food and service.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Solihull, England, United Kingdom
“Fabulous food and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

We had booked for twenty people to celebrate a birthday. All the food was fantastic and the service first class. This place should be rated first in Barry. I wish I lived nearer it would be my regular place for an evening out,but I am two hours away. If you are local give it a try you won't be disappointed .

• Visited January 2014