“Worst chips I've ever had”
Review of The Master Fryer

The Master Fryer
Ranked #22 of 129 Restaurants in Barry
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Been here a few times since new owners have had it , it's ok , but last week I had the worst bag of chips of my life ! The potatoes were unpeeled and the chips were simply awful. I wouldn't visit again

Reviewed 17 May 2018

The service was slow and the fish and chips were ok but I’ve had much better. Would not bother going there again and would not recommend.

1  Thank Wendy A
Reviewed 1 April 2018

This is one of the worst fish I've had in a long time, was like eating cardboard. I waited for the fish to be cooked fresh but was defiantly not up to their usual standard. Very disappointed.

2  Thank ted072018
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

First time we used this fish and chip shop in Barry. It's s fair way from our house it We read excellent reviews and thought we would give it a try. Busy while we were there waiting for our fish to be cooked, it is cooked to order. Hubby had large Haddock I had small cod, both very generous sizes. Hubby really pleased with his and he thought chips were excellent. My fish batter was a little soggy inside but aside from that edible, I found the chips tasty but could have been a little more golden they were a little white for my taste but they were new potatoes. Menu was in full view with excellent choices and very reasonably priced especially for kids meals. Staff were very efficient and friendly and gave plenty of salt and vinegar. Food was piping hot when we got home. We will return again.

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

This chip shop has recently been taken over by new management I came here on Saturday and had £3 fish and chips it was a bargain and there was plenty the fish was cooked perfectly and the chips where lovely! I also tried the Irish curry and that was lovely to! I would definitely rate them the best chippy in Barry! it was all yummy!!

3  Thank Adele B