“Lovely wedding venue”

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Lovely wedding venue”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Attended a wedding here as best man - great venue!

A beautiful, picturesque setting, and the staff were all amazing. Made the whole thing relatively stress-free (they couldn't help with the speech!).

Visited June 2014

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tour of 'castle'!! Waste of time”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Paid £6 each to be shown a few rooms (they keep most of the rooms to live in), tour was uninteresting, was explained who portraits were, nothing else much was discussed, overall very disappointing. They Should stick to events.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Jib3
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fonmon Castle dog show, wonderful day out, lots to see and join in, great value just and all round wonderful event.”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We took a trip to Fonmon Castle after seeing an advert for a family day out yellow dog event, this intrigued us being dog lovers, and somewhere we coukd take our pooch with us. It was £10 for the car no matter how many passengers/dogs, which I thought was reasonable. Lots of shows and events, never seen the variety of dogs all different shapes, colour and sizes, it was wonderful. Charity stalls, food, artists, playground it had something for everyone. Definitely recommend this event especially if your a dog lover, I have heard its annual so we will definitely be making a trip back next year.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank kimmie72
Coggeshall, England, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best Wedding..well I would say that!”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Have just returned from my son's Wedding at Fonmon and cannot rate this any higher as a wedding venue. The USP in my opinion is that you are truly made to feel as if you are hosting an event in your own home...I wish! By that I mean the place is not covered in signage telling you to "keep off", "don't touch" etc. The artworks and decoration are amazing; the layout quirky..but it all works and flows. The caterers were great as were all of the staff involved and Sir Brook, who genuinely appears to enjoy getting involved. The impromptu guided tours were very well received. Just thinking about the Male Voice Choir all on the staircase raising the roof still brings a lump to my throat. Wonderful venue for a wonderful day.

Visited October 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“My dream wedding..”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

came true - thanks to the help of Claire and the Boothbys and all at Fonmon. The day was perfect and they could not have done more. The spectacular grounds give you plenty of options - we had a magician, harpist and croquest, but they will cater for every taste.

A small castle (an oxymoron I know) but a beautiful venue steeped in history. No other venue could ever live up to Fonmon for me.

As well as weddings, the house is open to the public for visits, hosts dog shows and country events - even the polo! Whatever your reason, Fonmon is a beautiful place and one where I now have very happy memories,

Visited May 2013