“Owls and Hawks Galore”

The Welsh Hawking Centre
Ranked #8 of 21 things to do in Barry
Reviewed 28 October 2012

A large selection of owls and hawks, including the rare Golden Eagle. Please support the Centre, as it is in great need of maintenance.

Reviewed 6 September 2012

I recently took my grandson for a visit, he is aged 5 and enjoyed watching the birds being flown. I was dissapointed to find there was no cafe area but there was a couple of drinks machines.
We found an hour or two enough as you will have seen all there is to see. Entry is quite expensive and I was glad I only had one grandson to take and not a couple of children!

Reviewed 3 September 2012 via mobile

We visited the centre on a weekend, late morning/early afternoon and found the welcome more than sincere and the cashier helpful when figuring out the cheapest form of entry.

Inside, there are many examples of birds of prey, including some spectacular falcons and eagles, however I believe some of them were only around short term.

There are flying displays twice a day where volunteers can participate and have the opportunity for one of the birds to perch on their arm to be fed.

All of the staff are informative, friendly, knowledgable, approachable and passionate about their jobs and the centre as a whole.

I would recommend this place as a day out with a difference, set in the middle of the countryside offering an opportunity for all age groups to broaden their knowledge and experience with wildlife native to the UK as well as other continents.

Reviewed 23 August 2012

Very small and over priced. The toilets were discussing, surely the over charge could revamp?!!! The flying displays were great but seeing the birds tied up in such small cages made me feel sad!

Reviewed 19 July 2012

We went last weekend ,it was great very close up to very powerfull birds

we will be back with our grand children