“a recent visit”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Barry, United Kingdom
“a recent visit”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

on my last review i was scathing about some aspects of the meal we have not been for a while but visited this week and i can say the staff are as great as they were last time, clean and tidy restaurant but this time the food was lovely i had a spinach and ricotta lasagna and is was lovely. so i think we may be visiting more often now :)

• Visited March 2014

Penarth, United Kingdom
“Terrible meal, even worse experience!”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Myself and my family visited the Barry Brewers Fayre for my Dad's birthday a few months ago. The service was fine until our meals arrived. I had the BBQ Chicken which was undercooked and watery. Despite complaining, the waiter refused to offer me a replacement meal, and said it was against company policy. I asked to speak to the manager who shockingly fed me the same information. I then asked for a refund of the meal from our bill which was also refused and instead, the manager tried to offer me a free dessert despite the fact we had asked for the bill and clearly weren't sticking around for dessert! The whole experience was very disappointing, especially considering Brewers Fayre is a big chain that should offer far better customer service. We will not be returning and have passed the word on to family and friends!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank RachelBoagey
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Nasty gloop”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

What a shame. Really friendly and kind staff, acceptable environment if you like pumping music and tv screens everywhere. But the food ... Oh dear. I was hungry after a long drive. But I sent the veggie lasagne back because I couldn't face it - just a gloop with brown, green and pale yellow bits. Are the restaurant staff used to this kind of reaction? They didn't bat an eyelid and indeed insisted I should feel free to choose something else, even though it was getting close to kitchen closing time. I chose a Chicken Caesar Salad. It was large, with slightly sad lettuce that you'd expect at the end of a day. The chicken smelled not quite right but I was so hungry that I ate it. The whole thing was drowned in a dressing that, quite honestly, smelled and tasted like vomit. I couldn't finish my supper and got out as fast as I could. No ill effects but I haven't had a meal this nasty since I was at university!

• Visited March 2014
Barry, United Kingdom
“It's ok”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I suppose it's what you expect from a Brewer's Fayre...the usual sort of menu done satisfactorily. However, the buffet bar left a lot to be desired. We'd gone in intending to have the chicken feast buffet but when we looked at it we changed our minds. There was very little there and what there was, was dried up and not very appetising. Instead, we opted for the menu and I have to say that my macaroni cheese was lovely. Unlimited coffee is great too. Good place to take the kids.

• Visited February 2014
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Good Value!”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We went here to meet my brother and his friend as they were in Wales for the night, the all you can eat for 7.99, (which was fish and chips on the day that we went) PLUS cavery, was very reasonable and the 3 males definitely got their fill. I had the smothered chicken which was delicious. Each meal comes with an unlimited salad station which you can go back to. The drinks are a little on the expensive side, but that would be the only issue I would have if I returned to eat here again.

• Visited February 2014