“Wicked cooked breakfast”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Following previous reviews I checked John's place out this am for the 'mega' cooked breakfast, it was lush!
Very nice atmosphere and all the staff are very friendly.
Excellent customer service.
Next time I'm visiting I'll definitely be back.
Thanks

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We had our 50th wedding anniversary meal there. It was the only place we wanted to be. Food and staff excellent.wont go anywhere else.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Our third visit in two years and John's Cafe is one of the main reasons for going to Barry Island.
We were blessed with lovely weather but decided to eat inside, very warmly welcomed by Graham and lunch was excellent. Usually I go for fish but the roast beef was highly recommended and it lived up to the billing, as his my two friends who had roast lamb washed down by different exotic flavoured thick shakes.

Feeling full we went fr a short stroll and sat in the sunshine. The resort is regaining some of its grandeur, having been something of a dump when I was young in the 1960's - in part due to the Gavin and Stacey series attracting more people to visit.

The fresh air made room for dessert and my Lemon Lush was lovely. The prices are very reasonable, the food excellent, the service and welcome very good - and the toilets immaculate.

This is one of the great British cafes, highly recommended.

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

This cafe is always my first choice on Barry Island. Always exceptional service. Gorgeous food and excellent value.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Took the family to John's again. The service was great as was the food, The chips are the best I have ever tasted! The cafe is clean. Nice selection of meals on offer and each one as good as the next. Thanks to the owners for our great meals,