“Best Hotel in Barry”

Aberthaw House Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Barry
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Wonderful staff , Helen is so nice and friendly ,nothing is too much , she even push started my car , rooms great , spotless, food beautiful , a gourmet could not fault . Just great ... cant wait to return.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 September 2013

secound stay, on my return to home , the girls are first class, funny and friendly
they remembered us fromthe last visit lol,
rooms are first class, and the food is exellent, if you get the chance stay there.
cant wait for the next time xx

Room Tip: all rooms are good :}
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I won't lie to you, staying at the Aberthaw was the best decision I could have made. We arrived in the Island really early as we left in the middle of night to avoid the traffic, after a cappuccino at Marcos (legendary) we found the Aberthaw, I popped in to let them know we were here and to say that we were going off sightseeing and would be back at check in time, and we were greeted by one of the loveliest ladies I have ever met, friendly and a cracking welsh accent! she said, you can check in to your room now!!! at 9 in the morning, Tidy! I immediately knew who fabulous our stay would be from that moment and hadn't even seen the room, but as I suspected the room was gorgeous, with a fab view over Barry, the bathroom was lovely, and so clean!!! The staff could not have been more lovely, I was with my 13 year old son and every time they saw him, they called him by name, making us feel so at home and very welcome. The breakfast was incredible, they are so accommodating that nothing was to much trouble, and I can definitely say it was the best full 'welsh' breakfast I have ever had! On the table there were homemade Jams and Marmalades, which were absolutely delicious!

The two days we stayed could not have been more perfect, how lucky were we to have discovered this jewel in Barry, and it was hard to leave, I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and can not wait to stay there again, believe me, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2013

What makes this such a delightful place to stay is Thelma, Helen and Dee. They couldn't be more helpful, giving useful tips on where to go and what to see. Dee kept us amused and entertained over breakfast, which was the best we'd ever had. The hotel itself is clean, tidy and very comfortable. Ideally placed for visiting Cardiff and Barry. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to avoid the corporate, impersonal chain hotels. Will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 30 May 2013

We have just returned from a 3 night stay at the Aberthaw House Hotel. I was there visiting prospective clients in Newport and the surrounding area, and due to it being Half-Term I brought my wife and daughter along for a break. We felt Barry would be a good choice, so my daughter could play at the seaside and the park there. I travel a lot for business, and normally stay in Premier Inns for work as you know what you're getting. There was a Premier Inn in Barry, but as I wasn't alone, we looked around a bit more, and chose this hotel based on the excellent reviews on Trip Advisor. The hotel is a very large converted house, and is in very good condition, home-from-home!! The staff are very friendly and go out of their way to make you feel welcome and at home. We never had dinner there, but I'm sure it would have great considering the breakfasts were very good. They made a fuss of our young daughter, to the extent that when we returned home, she said she really missed them! The room was a good size and had all you needed...comfy beds, kettle, tea/coffee, iron, digital TV with iPod dock. The hotel was in a good location, close to the town, Barry Island, and the Wetherspoons! There is a nice bar in the hotel too, which has Peroni on tap! The hotel was excellent, but the staff made it even better, and we would have no hesitation recommending it to guests for both business and pleasure.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Cannot say enough good things about this hotel. Small but very friendly. The room we were in was a good size with a big bathroom including a bath and power shower.All staff were extremely friendly and couldn't do enough for you. Breakfast - we had the fry up - everything cooked fresh with a constant supply of tea and coffee. Thanks to everyone for making it a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2013

A friendly warm welcome from the staff at the Aberthaw. The room as usual, was of a high standard. The breakfast was perfect. Nothing is too much trouble for those lovely Welsh gals.Mrs Floggerty was on top form .The place wouldn't be the same without her fantastic french accent. can't wait to return.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barry
0 mi away
Copthorne Hotel Cardiff-Caerdydd
Travelodge Cardiff Airport
2 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport

Been to Aberthaw House Hotel? Share your experiences!