“Super pub food”

Highwayman
Ranked #12 of 128 Restaurants in Barry
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 7 August 2018

I really like this pub . The food is both varied and portions are huge . Extremely good if you are hungry . The Sunday lunch is really good and you epwill not go away disapointed .

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Fabulous meal.. very friendly staff.. with great Management.. definitely recommend a visit either lunchtime or an evening meal!

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank jennief910
Reviewed 18 July 2018

The menu has some massive steaks, and other great choices. Service is good, it tens to be a little busy (for good reason) and prices are quite reasonable for a family atmosphere. Be hungry before you go!

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank MFWales
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

My Fruends and I finally managed to book a table for Sunday Lunch . The starters are Amazing and great portions , I personally had Roast Beef with all the trimmings . Gravy boat on table as well . It was stunning . You must book thou .

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

My sister and I were visiting Wales for the first time ever and looking for some local cuisine for dinner. The woman at the hotel suggested The Highwayman, so we thought we'd give it a try.
The road leading to this place is a bit tricky... VERY narrow, but worth the drive to get there.
I had a starter of mussels, with red onion and greens in a cream sauce that was nothing short of fantastic! I've never had anything like it before.
The main course was penne pasta with chicken, chorizo and spinach. All topped with shredded cheese. The closest thing I've had to this was chicken carbonara... but this dish was so much better!
Lovely wait staff, nice atmosphere and excellent food in large portions at good prices.
I would highly recommend that you try this place when you're in the area.
I don't know how other restaurants were rated higher on this site, but I think The Highwayman should be listed as the #1 restaurant in the Barry/Cardiff area!

Date of visit: April 2018