“GREAT PLACE,”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Pontyclun, United Kingdom
“GREAT PLACE,”
Reviewed 22 November 2012

Well what a great place, Lovley clean Pub , Great Food. Top staff , they go out of there way for you. It is true this pub has changed hands a few time . But this is the 2nd christmas it been open. Price,s are good , and you can also have the big room on the side for private party.
Had a small party in the side room, great time had by all.
we use this as a place for a large group of friends to go out offten . And couples
I would take anyone there,
Once, again great place, Great food , good parking .
Go on give it a try , you wount be sorry

• Visited November 2012

Pontypridd, United Kingdom
“Good value meal”
Reviewed 17 October 2012

We have visited the High Corner on a few occasions and never been disappointed. This evening I had the salmon in champagne sauce and my husband had a steak, both of which were excellent, beautifully cooked and well presented. The staff are pleasant and friendly and there is no rush to order or move when you have finished your meal. We went mid-week and it was relatively quiet but whenever you visit the staff and their attention is always the same, faultless!!

We will certainly be going back and would recommend you give it a try, you won't be disappointed either.

• Visited October 2012
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Having seen this pub change hands a number of times over the years, we feel it is currently at its best
Food is excellent quality and value for money. Service is second to none with friendly staff who are more than willing to assist in any way possible.
Sunday lunch is excellent value for money and delicious and also very popular. Sometimes you have to wait for a table but you will not be disappointed. Give it a go :)

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Definately better”
Reviewed 1 July 2012

I have eaten here a few times in the last 8 years and I recently ate here on a Sunday in May. The new owners have definately given the place a more friendly feel, although the place does still need updating somewhat. What I liked here is that it wasn't trying to be something that its not, the prices were very reasonable the food was ok, the roast potatoes were hard (deep fried), the veg looked a bit old and was well cooked but I have definately had a lot worse elsewhere! I'd like to add that the staff there were wonderful especially with the children! I think with a bit of money spent on it and an little improvement on the food this place could be a goldmine.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Anon A
South Wales
“Slow service”
Reviewed 28 June 2012

The food at the High Corner House is indeed fine - when it eventually arrives. We last visited on June 26. And you complain at your peril. On one visit we abandoned all hope after waiting 50 minutes for a sweet to arrive after we finished our main course. It is an issue I have raised on several occasions.
Now I have been informed I have been banned because I was rude in daring to complain to staff. The landlord of this establishment would do well to remember the customer is sometimes right and set about addressing his service issues.

• Visited June 2012