“Amazing Chips!”

Brunel Arms
Ranked #34 of 48 Restaurants in Pontyclun
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The landlord, Mark, made me the BEST CHIPS EVER!!!! Great atmosphere, and the landladies dedication in offering quality and diverse entertainment is commendable!

2  Thank BethGilesGallery

Reviewed 14 August 2013

I liked this place so much I wrote to Trip Advisor to have them put it on their site. Myself and my family (wife and 3-year old daughter) visited in July 2013, and the bartender stated that they had just recently started serving food. (Potentially why this wasn't listed prior to now.)

Anyway, the bartender was very friendly, and knowledgeable about the "new" menu. It wasn't upper-crust restaurant scale food, but for a neighborhood pub, visited by tourists just travelling through the area, it was quite good! The ale was good as well.

They also have many social events, as they were setting up for a poker night while we were there. (I would have stayed, but as tourists, we only had one car to get back to the hotel.)

Don't expect anything spectacular, but it was a great "just passing through" meal! I'd go back.

1  Thank Cory J