“DISGUSTING”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Pontyclun
Burscough, United Kingdom
“DISGUSTING”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Do not stay in this hotel.
roof falling off
poor rooms
disgusting shower and room
small twin beds too close together
dirty walls
dirty exterior
our engineers stay all across the country in a variety of low cost- decent hotels. this one was extremely bad!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here as part of a wedding party, wedding was beautiful and function hall was perfect but when it came to the hotel room I was kept awake all night by scratching sounds coming from the ceiling, breakfast was nice but came across a lot of dirty mugs and cups by the tea and coffee.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kerri J
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I stayed in the Three Saints with a friend over the weekend. The food was fantastic and the atmosphere was great, but I was even more impressed after meeting top chef Gareth. He went to great lengths to make sure we were satisfied and was enthusiastic and dedicated to his work. He even arranged travel arrangements for us! In my opinion, the service was above and beyond and I will be sure to visit again very soon.

• Stayed April 2014
Pontyclun, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I decided to try The Three Saints Carvery on a Sunday for lunch. I have been to loads of different ones and usually end up sticking to the Toby Carvery. However, now I have been here I will not bother with the other again. The amount of meat they put on you plate is amazing, its even more than the amount you get when you pay for the larger portions in The Toby. They had Beef, Chicken Breasts, Turkey, Gammon, Pork and Roast Lamb. The veg selection was also the biggest amount I have seen. The service was excellent and the waiting on staff were very friendly. I am going back again soon.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Helen H
Vale Of Glamorgan, South Wales, Uk
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night on Saturday 8th March as we were attending a birthday party nearby. Upon arrival the man on reception was very friendly he checked us and off we went. Room 13! The bed was awful you could feel every spring so we asked to be moved. Again the man was very nice and gave us room 6. The bed was much better. Both rooms decor was awful very very dated with carpet in the bathroom!! The price is very steep for the quality.
On the plus side the shower was very powerful and hot, breakfast was standard English but really good and all staff were friendly. Needs a desperate upgrade to rooms.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank cluky

Travellers are raving about these Pontyclun hotels

Brithdir
Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

Didn't stay over - tripadvisor reviews were enough to deter! Food not bad though the kept warm buffet looked far less appetising than the pre ordered Christmas meal. Facilities grimy - glad not to have needed to use them repeatedly. Colleagues suggested this place had come a long way since it's rough and ready reputation of several years ago - if this is the case then I'm glad to have only been a recent visitor. Husband remained in the car when collecting us and watched two "ladies" fighting in the car park before we went out to the car. Rough and ready would be my summary. Our party had scrubbed up well for their party and were significantly overdressed for the venue.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Onkar S, General Manager at Three Saints Hotel, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Hi Their

Firstly may I say thank you fro your comments, we appreciate all feedback and always try to act upon them. Thank you for coming to our premise for xmas work party, we hope you had a great time and enjoyed the food.

Regarding the comment about the world buffet, we always have a high majority of clients that love our buffet and if you had some then we believe you would have enjoyed it.

The hotel for many years before the current owners did have reputation of rough and ready however our clients in the restaurant and bar currently have a great time.

Stating our place as grimy describes that grimy is not fair reflection as you are stating that this premise is "Run down" when a lot of work as been spent inside to make it an ideal area for clients and party goers to come and linking the previous owners reputation to ours may have had sway in your review.

When in any Xmas party when alcohol is involved then people may be in situations as result of the alcohol. If any incidents is reported to us be inside or outside near the doors of the premise then we will deal with it as best as we can.

However the Hotel cannot be responsible for clients activity such as you described hence cannot be a fair reflection on the hotel, this this doesn't not make us Rough and Ready.

Again thank you for coming and if you would like to contact me direct then please as I would like your experience next time to be a great one and if I can make that happen then please let me know.

Take Care

Onkar
lincoln
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I stayed here for one night as I had to visit the Royal Glamorgan Hospital which just down the road.
On arrival I asked for a quiet room as I am a light sleeper. Unfortunately the heating in the room was not working so I had to move to another which was far from quiet.
My sleep was disturbed due to the various noises from adjacent rooms which in conjunction with a very hard mattress meant that I did not sleep well.
Much of the Hotel is very tired and in places grubby, for example the light switch in room 5 was caked in grime which I would suggest had accumulated over a period of years.
I ate at Hotel (they offer a 50 dish buffet from around the world) and I would recommend the Indian food, by comparison the Chinese food ranged from average to dire what's more all of it was too salty for my taste.
The breakfast was very good as were the staff.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank impulsivearies
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pontyclun
Travelodge Caerphilly Hotel
#1 of 3 in Pontypridd
Coed-Y-Mwstwr Hotel
Coed-Y-Mwstwr Hotel
#2 of 8 in Bridgend

Been to Three Saints Hotel? Share your experiences!