“Beauty !!”

US$84.99*
and up
Black River and YS Falls Sightseeing Cruise from Montego Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Beautiful series of waterfalls just off the Black River, lined with plenty of picnic areas for pleasant afternoon lunches al fresco.
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Less commercial then Dunn's Falls--nice zip line . Nice scenery..

Write a ReviewReviews (1,694)
All reviews
in 28 reviews
"black river"
in 79 reviews

Reviewed 31 January 2012

.....so quite, beautiful, seems like a paradise with the sound of your own breath and birds....Have been 2 times already and miss it.... The pool was not heated.... too bad. That is the only thing I didn't like.....

Reviewed 30 January 2012

Everyone said we needed to see the falls, but I thought the ride to and from was more interesting! It's about 90 mins from negril. Great road food on the way. The falls themselves are fine. $16 per person gets you a ride on what looks like a trolley pulled by a tractor through fields and jungle. About 10 minutes later the tractor pulls up to a pretty gift shop/ cafe and you choose you own adventure. There are pools, but modern and rustic and a zip line for the more adventurous (extra cost for zip line). We hiked up the falls and took a dip in one of the natural pools. I didn't feel safe leaving my stuff unattended but there are lockers at the gift shop if you want to swim and not worry about your stuff. When you're finished hop on a tractor back. We spent about 90mins there but could have easily spent more. Worth the trip.

1  Thank maynecorse
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Beautiful, tranquil place to relax and enjoy the beauty of nature.  Very laid back atmosphere allows you to take your time to enjoy your visit at your own pace. My guide Len was excellent, took time to make sure I was safe and comfortable navigating around the falls making my visit most enjoyable. This is a MUST SEE attraction when visiting Jamaica!!

See more reviews
Reviewed 29 January 2012

We visited at Christmas 2010 and enjoyed it but one of the drawbacks of going with a group tour is that you often get cut short. We felt that way about YS Falls and wanted to return but have enough time to go at our own pace so we could explore so we hired Alrick Allen of Your Jamiacan Tour Guide to take us from Rose Hall (just outside of Montego Bay) to YS Falls.

We are so glad we gave this place a second look. My husband and 12yo son immediately signed up for the zip line. I thought it was kind of expensive at $42 for the one line I had seen on our previous visit but as it turned out there were actually 5 lines that you did. That made it kind of a bargain compared to some of the other canopy tours on Jamaica. More importantly they had a great time (and I secretly wish I'd done it even though I'm afraid of heights).

After they had finished we visited the different waterfall tiers, one of which hadn't been available for swimming since the river had been too high on our previous visit. Since the river was lower we could swim in the top tier pool but that also meant that the river tubing was unavailable. Oh well, that's nature for you. ;)

Once we had finished exploring the falls we waded in the man-made pool for a while before drying off and heading off to our next tour destination.

What a beautiful place. Very worth the drive through the countryside.

1  Thank fink369