“Best food we've had on our trip so far.”
Review of Mexotik

Mexotik
Cuisines: Fusion
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We discovered this restaurant after taking a cooking class from the owner at Hotelita Suenos in neighbouring Sayulita. Daniel the owner/chef is a true food artist, and his small restaurant will surprise you with the great dishes he has to offer.

What we liked is that his menu was very original, and offered fresh innovative takes on classics. His Mexotic take on the original Mojito has to be the best cocktail I've enjoyed with a tequila base. The soups, mains and desserts are all top notch, and not prepared in the same way anywhere else. Highly recommended.

1  Thank LongKeel

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Daniel Murillo runs a restaurant in San Francisco (locally known as San Pancho) but he also will prepare and serve dinner in your home. We have family in Sayulita and they booked Daniel to cook a five course dinner for us in the villa we rented for our week's visit. Daniel is a highly-skilled chef who brings the flavors of his Indian/Mexican heritage into his gourmet meals. Our menu included scallop ceviche, "green" gazpacho, spinach salad with apples, pears and smoked gouda, fresh fish with a fabulous sauce and chocolate avocado mousse. Each course was prepared as we enjoyed the previous one so the evening was leisurely punctuated with the pleasure of each new course beautifully presented. Daniel (and his assistant) are also warm and friendly and happy to discuss their cooking and other endeavors with you. In addition to the restaurant and private cooking, you can find Daniel at the Farmer's Market on Sunday morning in La Cruz.

1  Thank siddog
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Heard from two people when I got to town to try this resto. Menu looked amazing, had a hard time making a decision. I settled on the fish tacos. They were excellent. Very unique Tacos! There are fish tacos of all sorts, but these were thick, delicious, beautiful, healthy, multi flavored, and then the chef asked me if I would like to some spice, I answered yes and what happen next delighted me. He freshly cut up a habanero and mixed it into a peanut sauce. This was impressive and a new experience for me that I will not soon forget.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

Great to sit out on the main street of this attractive little town and watch the world go by while enjoying excellent food.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

If you are staying in the Sayulita, Mexico area, you must visit this restaurant. It is in San Francisco, Mexico, a short cab ride from Sayulita. If you are staying in Sayulita, the chef Daniel has a venue there where he can give you a 3 course Mexican cooking lesson/meal. A very enjoyable evening with food a step above the average restaurant meal.