“An Ocean Paradise with Five Star Cuisine”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Annie O
Wilmette, Illinois
“An Ocean Paradise with Five Star Cuisine”
Reviewed 6 April 2018 for a stay in March 2018

From the moment we stepped out of the airport van, we knew we had landed in paradise. Our family of 5 along with our dear friends who are a family of 4 stayed at Villa Caleta over spring break. I truly have never seen a prettier piece of property in all of my travels. The house is clean, open, airy, beautifully decorated…and sits right atop the ocean. The decor is out of a professional magazine with charming and artistic touches throughout the property. We loved the open living area, but also appreciated the individual suites for privacy (and naps). There are so many different levels and nooks to unwind and relax and soak it all in. You will never be at a loss of where to go.

While nothing can beat the beauty of Caleta, the staff and the food just might come close. It is difficult to explain in words the unbelievable meals that we ate every day…3 times a day! We are no strangers to fine dining, but the cuisine at Caleta was some of the best food we have ever had. And we are a difficult bunch…our group had a vegan, a gluten allergy, lactose intolerance, and picky kids. Everything was so incredibly fresh and the flavors just danced in every dish. We were there for a week, and I don’t think any dish was ever repeated. Huevos rancheros, potato tacos (my kids’ new favorite), tortilla soup, lentil soup, chili rellenos…my mouth is salivating just thinking about the yummy food. I told the cooks that they should create a Caleta cookbook as I would love to try to recreate some of these unforgettable dishes. Along with the cooks, every single staff member was warm, welcoming, accommodating, and happy. I was so impressed by this crew of people! If you need or want most anything, they will make it happen. And can I mention the margaritas? Tangy, strong, crisp, citrusy…divine!

Caleta is definitely remote and removed…which is what I ended up loving about it. You are about 4 miles from the town of San Pancho (which is definitely worth visiting). We loved being “off grid.” If, however, you are someone who needs bars/restaurants/action, Caleta is probably not for you. While not far away, the roads make the trip to the nearby towns longer than you would think. A day trip here and there may work, but I can’t envision anyone going into town each day. But you don’t need to. There is so much to do on the property…boogie board, read, swim, volleyball, frisbee golf, hikes, games, movie nights (we loved this), games, music, etc…We did plan two day trips (snorkeling and fishing) with our host. These outings were amazing and memories that my kids will never forget. The last night we asked for a bonfire with s’mores on the beach…and WOW…what a way to end our incredible week.

We LOVED Caleta and hope to visit this paradise again. I honestly had tears in my eyes as I hugged the staff goodbye and bid farewell to this slice of heaven. #missingcaleta

A TripAdvisor Member
“Amazing Mexican Vacation”
Reviewed 19 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

Nine couples got together to all celebrate our 50th birthdays taking place in the year 2018. We came from the USA, from LA, Austin, DC and NY. We new we were in for something very special once the driver had to unlock the gate. The 10 minute drive through the jungle to the beach was crazy but fun. We shared the two houses (Violeta and Caleta) and we were separated by a semi private beach. Both houses are absolutely breath taking - no expense was spared in the renovations. Both houses have awesome views of the ocean and pools and decks. The staff was there to handle our every need. The chefs were great and we enjoyed 3 meals a day. The meals were all authentic Mexican based meals and all ingredients were fresh and were shopped for on a daily basis. We couldn't wait for the bell to ring before each meal. Yessica came by each morning to check up on us and see if we needed anything like taxi rides, massages, yoga, etc and to make sure we never ran out of beer, booze or ice. This was one of a kind vacation and it exceeded all expectations. We were there for a full week and we only left the compound twice, to go to san Pancho and Sayulita. We also enjoyed playing frisbee golf (on property) and taking hikes from the house through the jungle. We absolutely loved our vacation and would definitely return.

matt23sea
seattle
“Beyond Expectations”
Reviewed 20 January 2018 for a stay in January 2018
person found this review helpful

If you're reading this review, it likely means that you have not yet been to Villa Caleta. I'll keep this simple - just book your trip. There are so many superlatives that I could use to describe this location, the house, the staff, and the food...but you just need to go and experience it yourself.

This was a couples trip and every one of us agreed that we will be repeat visitors...whether as a group again or separately with our families. The selfish part of me didn't even want to write a review because I want to keep Villa Caleta as a little secret spot - know to just a few lucky groups of people. But Yesika and her incredible team deserve huge kudos for creating and providing such a great experience. Muchas Gracias!!

GHarrison...
Los Angeles, California
“A truly relaxing family getaway”
Reviewed 2 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017

My wife and I came with our two kids (5 and 8) with another family and all I can say is it is a perfect vacation spot.

With the thoughtful and friendly staff planning everything from meals, day trips into the local towns, massages at the house and even a last-day bonfire and piñata, it's a chance for even the parents to truly unwind and relax.

The house is gorgeous and inviting, the cozy rooms are decorated with a great design eye, and the sit-down meals are served on the deck overlooking the ocean. The walk down to the beach is easy and safe for even the younger kids, and the pool is a nice break from the sand and high tide, when the waves can get a little rough.

Can recommend this place enough!

Your age range 35-49
janelleb1...
Los Angeles, California
“Paradise”
Reviewed 30 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Everything about Villa Caleta is paradise. The house -- gorgeous, and beautifully appointed. The location -- incredible, right on a beautiful secluded beach and near to Sayulita for day trips. The staff -- so friendly and helpful and always anticipating our needs. The food -- so delicious. It was the most relaxing, decadent vacation we've ever taken. Kids and adults had a blast. I can't wait to go back.

Erin D
“THE most relaxing and beautiful experience...”
Reviewed 26 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Casa Caleta was one of the MOST relaxing vacations i've ever had and I travel a lot.
There's no reason to leave and I couldnt bare to go home! It's an incredibly beautiful location, a welcoming and buttoned up staff who make the simplest things feel luxurious, and the interiors that have any boutique hotel put to shame.
I highly recommend ... I'll be coming back for sure.

Your age range 35-49
Harry Bar...
“Amazing family friend fiesta”
Reviewed 23 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

My girlfriend and I, Timory, celebrated our 50th birthday at Villa Caleta and Viilla Violeta. The two properties work very well for a larger party, and all of our guests were able to bask in both spectacular properties as well as eight fantastic meals by the private chef's. It is secluded but the private beach and the villa activities are endless . Sunbathing on a private beach? Check. Quick drive to san pancho for wonderful artistan shops and restaurants? Check. Sayulita is another 20 minutes away also a charming and hip destination,however I have to mitt we were so happy at the villas my only real trip there was to hit an ATM. LOL The concierge Yesika and the entire staff was responsive to all our needs, I felt like the rich and famous! This is the only way to vacay!!!

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;