“Unusual place with good beaches”

Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach Resort
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Unusual place with good beaches”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

The place is unusual, small and old hotel in a middle of luxuries building, the beaches are good and the pool area is nice, the location is good, in front of Publix store.
The people who work at the hotel have bad attitude and they do not have motivation, at the front desk and mainly in beach area. Employees in aged to be retired, they leave the service at 5pm. and you lose the possibility to use towels and chairs, 5pm. on summer, it's incredible!
The room cleaning was never did before 3pm.!
My room did not have kitchen, it was disappointed for me. There are noises all the night from aisle and other rooms, I think from people who work at the hotel.
The price is low but you have to pay parking and resort fee and do not include umbrellas, you have to pay u$5 more.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank dario309

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 24 July 2013

The location is very good, the room looked pleasant and the hotel is on the beach. However, the beds were the worst-you could feel the springs. It took hours to get the mattress replaced.
You have the continental breakfast at the cofee shop counter and since they were short staffed you often had to wait until after they waited on the people at the tables! Also, tthere were not enough lounge chairs by the pool.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank jam613
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I just stayed here July 4th 2013, OMG I will give them Location, Location, Location, BUT the fees they charge for the WI-FI is NOT included in the hotel room rate and it is the slowest Wi-Fi ever ! you can do breakfast at the restaurant but that is about it. I went to the Publix grocery store across the street for my meals and there is a 24hr CVS 1 block away, as well as a shopping center, Wells Fargo and Chase banks are just down the street too. BEWARE of the Indian restaurant in that RK shopping center it was the worst Indian food EVER. Bland and tastless for $$$$ NYC prices. Indian food is anything BUT Bland...... The last issue I had was that I could hear the neighbors room and smell their food from under the door.....eeewww. No Flatscreen Tv in this hotel and in a 4 floor hotel ICE Machines were ONLY on the 2nd and 3rd floor and BOTH were OUT OF ORDER, the one on the 2nd floor was BONE DRY. you will have to go to the Publix store and buy ice and bottled water. The beach is lovely and not very crowded THAT I enjoyed hence the 3 stars. Thunderbird Inn needs some renovations NOW. Valet parking is $12 per day. I biggest Complaint ICE MACHINES BROKEN THE ENTIRE STAY of 4 days, Wi-Fi was SLOOW as and I was kicked off constantly. Need to ad more Routers. I could not even watch a video on YouTube let alone a movie on Netflix.

Room Tip: if you stay here I would take a room on the opposite side of the Pool. Also just as I was leaving t...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank DonR2013
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I was recommended to this hotel via my tour operator as it is on their preferred supplier list and the road trip i was doing from Miami to New York departed here.I arrived in Miami many thanks to British Airways minus my luggage and had nothing.No epipen,glasses,spare contact lenses,toiletries or clothing.

After spending hours at Miami Airport and realising i was getting no sight of my luggage that day i decided to head to the hotel.

Upon arrival it would have been quite obvious when i told the receptionist from my expression that i was in a stressed state.I checked in at 9pm and my road trip departed at 7.30am the following morning.I asked the receptionist could i use a phone charger and was told bluntly no we do not have one,i then asked could i have the number of the tour operator who uses their hotels for meeting and has people like myself staying their.i was then told "no we have nothing"

After trying and failing to contact my tour operator i asked if i could use the computer in reception to email them and was then told " we do not have one as it causes too many arguments with people staying here ??"

The overall lack of help and communication was appalling and whilst the hotel was not at fault for my bags going missing they showed no empathy or offered anything to help at all.

Enough was enough and i went to my room and could not sleep as the air conditioning resembled a pneumatic drill ! The hotel is old looking and dated and i could not wait to get out the next day.
I would never stay here again and hope the staff can show some compassion if a similar situation arose for someone else in the near future.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Spencer C
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

Just returned and had a great time. The location for us was perfect - great Beach and pool. We travelled independently and only wanted a hotel as a base, we don't spend too much time in the room, just for sleeping\showering.
We had an ocean front room (i'm missing the view already!) with a small kitchenette, only really used this for the fridge & making tea/coffee, used cooker once for pizza & it came out smoking!
Like others have said the hotel is 'tired and worn' as long as you know this then you'll know what to expect. I went expecting the worse but was pleasantly surprised and didn't see one bug. Our room was kept clean, we had an aircon unit on the side I'm not sure if all rooms have this it was quite noisy but kept the room lovely and cool & you got use to it after a couple of nights, or take earplugs!
We had free parking across the road and had to pay for sun beds & tikis but for what we paid for the hotel in comparison to others in the area we didn't mind paying the small fee.
We had breakfast & lunch once in the restraunt & was ok nothing special. We prefered to eat out though, plenty of places to eat in the area and we had a car. Staff were always pleasant to us and the maids always had a "good morning" to say when passing.
The weekends get very busy with 'locals' but weekdays are quieter.
If you just want a hotel for sleeping and can get a good enough deal I'd say give it a go. If you're looking for luxury and spend a lot of time in the room/hotel I'd give it a miss. At the end of the day you get what you pay for.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank zand2yk
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed 8 June 2013

We've stayed in this hotel most of our trips to Miami. However this was the last time.
The first room we were given had a gigantic bug on the curtains. Looked like a cockroach, but the frontdesk swore it was "only a waterbug" or something.

Either way, we were given another room, facing the pool. In this room the controls for the central airconditioning were busted. We managed a night there, but we were kept awake by the poolside music that continued on until at least 23.00 (last time I checked the clock).

After complaining about both the airconditioning and the music we were given a third room, this one facing the ocean. Luckily this one had a windowmounted airconditioning unit in addition to the central one.

Truthfully, the last 2 nights were pretty good in this room.
However, I doubt we will stay here again.

It's a pity, with a little work they could make a nice hotel out of this again, but as it is, it feels like it's falling apart. The poolmusic is unacceptable and the busted cooling even more so.

Location as always was excellent, just a few minutes from Aventura Mall.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get a poolside room, and try to get one with a windowmounted airconditioning...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank NielsB
Brasilia, DF
Reviewed 21 May 2013

This is a great place to stay on this area. It isn't a new building, but it's well maintained. Looks good and well kept.
Beachside with option to use the chairs.
North Miami Beach with option to use the parking lot.
Wi-Fi you can use.
All covered by the resort fee of 10USD. (when I was there)
And the room rates are on par with other options around.
Great place. Will be my first option when I get back to Miami.

Room Tip: There are music on the "pool bar" till late hours. If thats a problem ask for rooms on the...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
#168 of 207 in Miami Beach
3.0 of 5 bubbles 4,608 reviews
Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach
Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort
Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Re...
#7 of 9 in Sunny Isles Beach
3.0 of 5 bubbles 2,047 reviews

Been to Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach Resort? Share your experiences!