Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach Resort
Sole on the Ocean(Sunny Isles Beach)(Great Value!)
US$221
  • Beachfront
Marenas Beach Resort(Sunny Isles Beach)(Great Value!)
US$256
  • Breakfast included
US$190
US$125
  • Pool
Trump International Beach Resort(Sunny Isles Beach)
US$273
US$230
Hotels.com
US$565
US$241
US$213
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,204 results
All reviewsaventura malltwo double bedsan older hotelbeach barpublix supermarket
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We booked the hotel for 2 nights so that we could visit Miami. Upon arriving we were greeted to unfriendly and rude staff. When we arrived at the rooms one stunk of gas and the other smoke (despite requesting smoke free rooms). When we went back to the reception, before we could even finish our sentence explaining the problems, we were told that they were fully booked (lie). When we managed to finally get our word in and say that we were given a smoking room and another with the smell of gas, they suddenly wanted to help. The rooms we were given were dated but clean and apart from the broken glass on the floor were fine. Next problem we encountered are all the noisy inconsiderate guests playing music and shouting as they went past our rooms until 2am. Once you finally get to sleep, (don't expect to get much) the construction workers next door seem to want to drop everything they possibly can early in the morning. The location was perfect as you just walk out on-to the beach.

• Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank Burns94
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Thunderbird Beach Resort Hotel Miam. The cleaning is not done every day reception is pathetic if this hotel has a great location and the restaurant staff is great, the pool is dirty and the right spa stay anyway....

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank catcanh
Reviewed 12 July 2014

we stayed here for one night after flying into Miami, we want our night back. The room smelled of damp mildew, was very outdated i thought i was in the 60's judging by the decor. Staff were quite rude and looked like expecting a tip just for checking me in. Charging people $10 to park in a unsecure and uncovered parking lot across the road from the hotel in a gravel lot is also very mean spirited. Only good thing was it was beachfront (even though their section is covered in cigarette butts). if you are on a budget and have no taste this is for you, otherwise i suggest you find a few extra dollars and go elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Billiam1982
Reviewed 8 July 2014

After having already booked this hotel online, and then coming to read the reviews (in that order) I was worried as to the cleanliness and comfortability of this property, however when I arrived I found a nice, clean hotel with a friendly(ish) staff that was willing to help when needed. The lobby was bright and clean, with lots to look at, and even a classic car that, well.. honestly needs a little TLC but still looked cool. We found our room (a nice two room suite with a full kitchen) and it didn’t have a view of the ocean, but was very nice for the price we paid. It’s a quick walk to the local grocery store (Publix) so if you wanted to stock up on food to save money (like we did) you can do so. It’s also a quick walk to a few fast food places, and of course.. the beach is less than 1 minute from your room door.

The negative reviews on here talking about cleanliness must have been there at a bad time, because it was very clean, and I saw multiple people cleaning every time I walked into the hotel. I would suggest valet parking to anyone, as it’s the better option and if your car vandalized, it’s not your responsibility.

All-in-All if you have a problem with an older property, then chances are you’re going to go spend mega bucks to stay at Trump, but if you’re trying to save money, this hotel will not let you down. I plan on going back, and I NEVER say that about hotels.

Good Job Thunderbird.

Room Tip: Get Room 202!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Shane B
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I have been visiting this hotel every year for the last 20+ years. When I was a child with my family, when I got married for my honeymoon and then with my 2 children and my family also. This last visit was cut short as we decided that we cannot stay here any more. Each year it has deteriorated and each year we see the bad reviews on here but go back as we love the location and the Ocean view. This year within an hour of parking in the parking lot our car ws hit and damaged by another guest who drove off without leaving their details. The hotel are not interested and have no CCTV, despite a parking attendant they hire at weekends to stop the public parking in the lot to visit the beach they dont seem to care about their guests waiving any responsibility. The Trump publicity car that has been parked in the lot for some time and has been completely vandalised, we should never have left our car there when we saw that. Furthermore when we got to check in, they had cancelled our reservation and therefore we missed out on the specific room that we had requested and had been promised to us. We ended up with one much further along than we had asked for with not such a great view of the ocean. When you go to use the pool, the pool staff are not friendly and just sat at their desk when they were not going for a swim in the ocean. Quick to tell a family off for taking a lounger too far from the pool desk but not quick enough to attend to new guests to see if they need lounger or towels etc which are charged for at an extornitate daily rate! Pool staff in my opinion are lazy and unapproachable. We were kept awake all night by a noisy family next door and in the morning when we went to go to the pool we were greeted by a disgusting mess that I nor my family were prepared to spend the day in. There were cigarette butts in the pool and plastic cups. There were bottles everywhere, it was worse than we have ever seen it before! The pool is looking dirty and the jacuzzi also with a green tinge. The pool opens at 8am according to the signs, it was 9:30 and the pool staff or housekeeping should have been out before the pool opened cleaning it up! You can tell that Joey no longer works the pool as it was never like this when he was pool Manager! We checked out without visiting the pool and to add insult to injury was charged for parking and for the loungers as well as full room rate for the night. Thunderbird you really have to clean your act up before we would consider returning and you could at least try to seem a bit more apologetic as when I reported this to the Receptionist when I checked out he didnt really seem to care all that much as neither did the Receptionist that told us you had cancelled our booking in error when we checked in! Maybe it was fate and we should have just checked in somewhere else that day. You wasted my holiday unpacking, packing back up least you could do is say you are sorry!

Room Tip: All the rooms are old, be prepared for this but you can get some with a great ocean view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family