“The MOST AMAZING Hotel I have ever stayed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Review of Sole on the Ocean

Sole on the Ocean
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Sunny Isles Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
“The MOST AMAZING Hotel I have ever stayed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

This past week I tried to book a room at my favorite hotel in Sunny Isles Fl, but it was booked. A quick search on the internet helped me identify what I thought looked like a good alternative – Sole On The Ocean. I made my reservation online Upon arrival, I was greeted by Kamille who after asking me my name, informed me she had already upgraded me to a better room because they were available. She wished me a great day…. I informed her it was because of her hospitality. When I opened the door to the room, I was overwhelmed. I have stayed at great hotels before… the Bellagio, the Wynn to name a few, but this two room suite eclipsed any room I had ever stayed at before. Two balconies, two huge flat screen TV’s. A full Kitchen. Not a mini-fridge, but a HUGE stainless steel refrigerator that dwarfs the one in my house. It even has a dishwasher. The fridge had a full assortment of juices, domestic and imported beer, white wine, and a bunch of other stuff I can’t recall which was available for purchase at reasonable prices. On the bar, there were assorted snacks, a bottle of vodka, a bottle of rum, and 3 smaller bottles of premium tequila- anejo, reposado, and silver—You had your pick. Sole on the Ocean anticipated everything you could possibly want and had it stocked for you. The king-sized pillow top bed was the most comfortable one I had ever slept. There were two plush bathrobes in the huge closet. A complimentary pre-blown beach ball with the Sole on The Ocean logo was placed on the bed. The bathroom was so awesome I’m not going to even try to describe it. They had a full service menu with food from a great restaurant they had downstairs. Most entrée’s were under $20. They have two bars, one poolside. Sole on The Ocean is truly a “hidden gem” in the middle of Florida’s Riviera .. Sunny Isles. I will never stay anywhere in South Florida. I owe it all to Kamille. Speaking of staff, valet, consierge, housekeeping, front desk---they enthusiastically greeted (and I’m talking the type of “hollow greeting people give because they are paid to do so) and assisted me with anything I needed. If you read this review and don’t stay there, you are making the biggest mistake of your life if you are looking for a reasonable PHENOMINAL place to stay in South Florida. Wishing you all “Fair Winds and Following Seas.” Go Navy Beat Army!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
SoleotoFOM, Front Office Manager at Sole on the Ocean, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear valued guest,
We thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. We are pleased how much you enjoyed your Sole experience. We are very pleased that one of our team members helped to create a personal experience that evolved throughout your entire stay. The barefoot chic style and personalized service that was the essence of your stay is what our entire team strives to provide each guest. We thank you again for choosing to stay with us at Sole on the Ocean and we hope you enjoy the football game in December!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
  • Polish first
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Sole on the Ocean is a beautifully appointed hotel. Our room was very comfortable and we had a beautiful view of the city and partial ocean views. However be prepared for daily parking ($25 plus tax per day) and tipping every time the valet retrieved our car for us.

We did not try the restaurant on site because the prices seemed a little high. However there are some restaurants within walking distance if you don't want to drive. The beach is right outside the door so beach access is right there. You don't have to drive to get to the beach.

North Beach is a quiet area without the hustle and excitement of South Beach. If you are looking for some peace and quiet this is the place for you. If you want something more fun then head south.

Dear valued guest,
Your experience with us is very valuable; therefore, we thank you kindly for taking the time to write your recent review. We’re delighted to hear that you’ve enjoyed our location and the beautiful views of our boutique ocean front hotel. We do hope that next time you will try the delights offered at Alba Seaside Italian, which is the rated the #1 restaurant on Trip Advisor, Open Table for its food and for its stunning ocean views. We thank you again for your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 29 October 2013

There are extra fees you have to pay at check-in: valet parking only (extra $20 per day); mandatory resort fee (extra $15 per day, for the use of the gym, the "spa" area, towels, chairs and umbrella on the beach). Front desk and valet were friendly and available. The hotel offers two complimentary bottles of water but I had to request them. No continental breakfast. Hotel drinks and food are costly.
My Ocean View room was small but clean. Nice bathroom without tub. Decent size flat TV and coffe/tea machine, but no fridge. The bed is too low for hotel standards, but was not uncomfortable. No furniture on the balcony; just cement floor, but with a satisfactory view of the ocean. No security latch on door.
This condo-hotel is squished between two other buildings. There is no front entrance; just a confusing, steep driving ramp. If you want to go out for a city walk, you have to navigate a maze of parking corridors and emergency fire stairs. Room hallways are too narrow. Pool is not very large but has place to lounge. Beach and Pool access is through the garage.
Location is excellent if you are looking for a quiet time on the beach. There is a very good gourmet market across the street. Otherwise, there is absolutely no activity or places to go in this area.

Dear Valued Guest:
We want all guests to be happy and are truly sorry to hear that your stay was not as expected. Kindly allow me to touch on a few points that you raised. Resort and valet fees are standard charges for beachfront hotels in Miami. We certainly understand how unexpected fees can affect ones stay and have attempted to make this information as visible as possible on all online booking websites as well as our own website and confirmation letters. We are sorry that they came as a surprise to you.

Guest security of utmost importance to us. All of our rooms come standard with RFID electric locks, which have a dead bolt mechanism not a latch. Moreover, elevator access to each floor is limited to registered guests staying on that floor and authorized employees.

Regarding the hotel’s design, Sole was designed and built as a barefoot chic boutique hotel to create an inviting an intimate experience. All aspects of the hotel from its entrance, to the scale of the rooms and hallways, to the luxury linens, Keurig coffee machines, flat screen tv’s, pillowtop mattresses and the lighting were all selected with this in mind. As there are a number of shops, markets and water sports activities in easy walking distance, we have created a landscaped pedestrian walkway within the hotel leading to the beach and the surrounding neighborhood. Additionally, our concierge is always happy to assist with a variety of things to do in the surrounding area. We thank you for your valuable feedback and hope you find this information helpful.
Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

Great trip to sole! Super friendly and helpful service right from the get go, see Gio in concierge he is the best! Anything you need he will accommodate!! Made my stay very easy and much more enjoyable. Clean rooms with tons of space and great location. Would definitely stay again!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at Sole on the Ocean. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Sole is a boutique hotel and our goal is to friendly service. Gio will be pleased to have been singled out for his service. For future visits, please visit our new website for specials and promotions. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I stay two days on my first visit, and after four days I return for two more days. The hotel is in an excellent condition, in front of Epicure and other places in Sunny Isles were you can find everything you need. The rooms are very comfortable and clean.
The staff is excellent!!! Specially Kamille on the front desk.
The breakfast is a little bit limited, pretty basic.

In overall is a very good hotel! Much better than other same quality hotels in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,
It was wonderful to read that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Sole enough to return just a few days after your first visit. We have a number of new and wonderful things planned in the upcoming months including an expanded breakfast menu. We look forwarded to welcoming you back to experience all first hand.
Attleboro, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I had to travel to Sunny Isles FL for Business in Oct. 13. I had booked my stay for 4 nights at a resort I hadn't been to before called Sole. From the moment I checked in, the staff was extremely professional, courteous and helpful. They worked with me on my very hectic and changing schedule even managed to help me squeeze in a massage. They quickly got me a ride the airport at last minute’s notice. The hotel also had a delicious and beautiful restaurant that made for a fantastic dining experience.

I would like to single out one person who was the most wonderful and helpful I have ever dealt with at a hotel. Her name was Anna. She worked at the front desk, and couldn't have been any better. She not only shuffled things around to meet my schedule, but was able to schedule me a very late check out to accommodate my needs. During this she did it with a huge beautiful smile that I won't ever forget. Thank you ANNA! I will be back!

Steven Gietz
East Coast Technology Grp
President

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Sole on the Ocean in Sunny Isles Beach Florida. We are happy to have been able to assist with your busy work schedule. We are also glad you were able to fit in a good meal and a little relaxation with us. Sole is a boutique hotel and we strive to cater to each guests needs. Anna will be pleased to have been singled out for her service. We will be sure to note that you travel for work for your future visits with us. We hope to see you again soon!
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My husband lost his phone and the hotel staff went above and beyond to find it. John the head of security was wonderful and found our lost phone. Bartenders were friendly and made great drinks. We enjoyed our stay and will definitely come back.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
We appreciate you taking the time to share story and will be sure to share your comments with our security officers and our bartenders. They are happy to be able to add a personal touch to enhance your experience and create lasting memories. We are happy you both enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back. Thanks again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunny Isles Beach
Marenas Beach Resort
Marenas Beach Resort
#2 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach Resort
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach R...
#8 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Trump International Beach Resort
Trump International Beach Resort
#4 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort
Newport Beachside Hotel and Reso...
#6 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach

Been to Sole on the Ocean? Share your experiences!