“Two best Britney and Sandy”
Review of Sole on the Ocean

Sole on the Ocean
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Sunny Isles Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I love the stay here at Sole. Every one is great and professional. Especially Britney and Sandy two great person, they make this hotel my favorite hotel to stay in everytime I'm in Miami. Thank you for the great time.

• Stayed: August 2014
GSMSanford, Guest Relations Manager at Sole on the Ocean, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2014

Sole strives for a personalized experience for our guests, whether it’s, providing site-seeing tours, area attractions, personal shopping experiences, or just being able to lounge at our private Pool or Beach. We like to ensure that your visit with us is tailored to what you wish. We are happy that we succeeded - Thank you your kind compliments and praise of our staff. We look forward to your next visit. - Sanford and Brittney.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I stayed at this fabulous hotel for a week. It was my first time visiting Miami and it helped make my experience that much better! From Jorge and Diego in valet, Britney in concierge, and Wade and Sandy at the front desk. Everyone is sooo helpful and they make you feel right at home. Was sad to go but I will definitely return to Sole' on the Ocean, very soon! Love them all!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

I am happy to know that your stay with us met your expectations and that each of the members of the Sole Team were part of your satisfaction. Sole’s boutique style and environment allows our guest to experience a personal experience that offers, Style, Culture and of course, the personal attention to every detail. I personally thank you for your compliments and will share with the entire Team. We all look forward to greeting you again soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I have stayed here multiple times and have loved it every time. The concierge Britney is always knowledgable on great places to eat in the area and always has a taxi waiting when asked. Sandy and Wadé are always ready to answer any questions we have and to make sure all of our request are handled promptly. The pool area plays the best reggae music and has amazing salad and wings. I can't say enough about how amazing everyone at this hotel is. Never had any problems and always the most caring staff.

• Stayed: June 2014
GSMSanford, Guest Relations Manager at Sole on the Ocean, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2014

Dear Chelsea72591: I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and the Brittney, Wade and Myself created memorable moments of added value in making your stay with Sole. Our Hotel offers Poolside events and dining with a rotating roster of Musicians that enhance the “Beach Vibe”. Our Concierges have a wealth of knowledge of places to shop, Site-See, and experience the Nite-Life of Miami. We certainly look forward to your visiting us again soon and creating another exciting experience.

Best,
Sanford DiDonna,
Director, Guest Relations

Reviewed 7 August 2014

From check in to restaurant service, there is little interest in pleasing guests. I had so much trouble checking in; front desk staff including the manager were some of the worst ever experienced by me. Waiters taking orders at meal times consistently got several things wrong. One night at dinner we ordered some wine and when it was almost finished our waiter told us there was a typo in the price and instead of costing $100 a bottle it actually cost $200 - naturally we refused to pay the $200 because by that stage we were most disappointed by almost all personal interactions at this hotel... Except for Sanford who was exceptional and worth his weight in gold. He made sure our stay was no longer marred by unacceptable treatment by staff. I may stay here again but only if Sanford remains on the staff. He seemed to be the only staff member who knew anything about customer service - the rest, disappointingly didn't. Some additional staff training is needed at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Fionaroddy

First and foremost let me say that it was a pleasure meeting you and your sister on your recent visit. Customer Service and Relations is very important to me and our entire team associates and I appreciate your feedback was promptly shared with all Hotels departments. I hope that you and your Sister will return again soon to see the difference your comments have made.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We love this Hotel! We were here for the 3th time! The view is unbelievable! Nice Staff!

Special thanks to:

Luis from the Pool Bar
Diego M. from Valet Parkking
Jennifer from the Front Desk
Anna from the Front Desk

Room Tip: King Ocean Front Suite on the right side!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

I am so happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us for the 3rd time and thank for recognizing the staff you’ve mentioned – it truly is a pleasure to know that their efforts are noticed and I will share this with each of them.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

stayed here for 6 nights in a suite. From my balcony I could climb over a 3 foot barrier into next doors balcony if I had wanted. I also had a full view of the rooms on both sides of my suite from the balconies. One of my balcony doors had NO lock on it. Bathroom door had to be slammed to shut it. They supply an electric hob to cook on. But nothing to cook anything in. How stupid. Bed was comfy but noisy - it had a plywood base ! Mini bar horrendously expensive. And you still get stung for a non negotiable resort fee when you've already paid for a room.... Valet parking (only choice) is $25 per day and they still expect a tip everytime you drop your car off or pick it up. In room leaflets state a suite comes with free breakfast..... until you try to go and eat it. Then its not free any longer. Wont be using this poor value unit again

Room Tip: Try elsewhere
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank AndyDBrum

Dear AndyDBrum Redditch: Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We want all guests to be happy and are truly sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Kindly allow me to help touch on some of the points you raise. We take security seriously here at Sole. All elevators restrict access to guestroom floors to those guests registered on that floor. Access to amenity areas such as the pool or gym, are restricted to registered hotel guests only. Our round the clock security officers, deadbolts and in room safes provide additional security.

Regarding the valet parking, given our beachfront location in Miami, parking space is limited and most if not all hotel resorts in the area provide for valet parking to most efficiently serve guest parking needs. Valet parking is $25 per day. Similarly, resort hotels in Miami charge resort fees which bundle amenities like Wi-Fi throughout the hotel, beach club services that include towel service, umbrellas and chairs for two, 24 hour access to our fitness center which includes a sauna and a steam room, two complimentary bottles of water on your first night and a New York in a Minute breakfast. In the interest of trying to avoid any surprises, we make a concerted effort make this information as visible as possible on all confirmations with the total charges, as well as on our website and online booking websites. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss your stay in further detail.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I´ve been going to this hotel for a few years now. It has definitely been improving with time although I must mention few things that still need to be improved. Service at the beach is extremely slow. Some days, I believe weekends mostly, there was only one guy serving around 200 people at the beach. Everytime you ordered a coke, or bottled water (not food that had to be prepared) it took like 45 minutes to come. One day, there was just Adam working on the beach, and he was excellent, but definitely needed help!!! I mentioned it to Destiny, who was in charge of the area and she was very understanding and tried to help but couldn´t do much with no personnel.
Another thing is that the rooms are not cleaned appropriately. Few times I returned to my room to find the rug not being vacuumed, the dust not being wiped off, among other things. Once Moraima showed up (housekeeping manager) and saw the mess and called the cleaning lady back up to fix it up.
Last, I would like to say that lights in the room are very scarce. At night I could barely see my clothes and stuff.
The rest of the hotel is great. I booked a partial oceanview 2 bedroom suite since I was traveling with my kids. The room is comfy and has lots of space. People at the front desk were awesome, specially Mrs Amaya(I believe that is her last name). Also the guys at valet were very helpful and friendly. They brought our vehicles very quickly compared to other hotels I´ve been to.
Ferris restaurant has great food and there was also a manager there who was awesome, recommended great entrees and made sure we were satisfied.
The hotel is very well located, with 24hs Walgreens across the street, Epicure gourmet supermarket also across the street where you can also have lunch and dinner, lots of other restaurants around, banks, etc.... Aventura mall just a 10 minute ride.
Even though I think there are few things that I mentioned that have to be improved, I would surely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are very small!! The rest of the suites are very spacious!
Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Leissa C

We are always pleased to welcome guests back to Sole and that you enjoyed the improvements we continually make. Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback on your most recent stay. Rest assured, we have already shared your comments with our entire team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon to see the difference comments such as yours have made.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunny Isles Beach
Marenas Beach Resort
Marenas Beach Resort
#2 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach Resort
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach R...
#8 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hollywood Beach
Golden Strand Ocean Villa Resort
Golden Strand Ocean Villa Resort
#5 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort
Newport Beachside Hotel and Reso...
#6 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Trump International Beach Resort
Trump International Beach Resort
#3 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach

Been to Sole on the Ocean? Share your experiences!