“Great cuban food”

Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

This was our first time having cuban food, and we were not disappointed. We had the vaca frita, cubano sandwich, and the miami sandwich. We also had beef and chicken empanadas. We enjoyed it all. The vaca frita was very flavorful and the black bean and rice cooked perfectly. Reasonable prices and friendly service.

1  Thank Amy I

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Owner is very friendly, spent some time talking to us. Servers are also friendly and bilingual. My Cubano was good, the fried plantains were excellent. They made us Mango Mojitos that were delish, but at $12/each, a bit expensive. Our 3 drinks were way more than our food bill. My companion ordered the Vacas Fritas which was very flavorful, mudarus were wonderful. They made a mistake and give him roasted pork instead of the beef first. And we tried it before we realized it, and it was super delicious. I'd order that next time! I highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank CampHillGal
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Good tasty and authentic food. Always fresh and flavorful. One of the best masa de puerco and bistec de palomilla dishes, good steak sandwhich, great chicken soup. They also serve good breakfast. Reasonable prices and friendly service. The owner usually sit at a table and keeps a friendly out on the business. They have live music in Saturday nights and they always have lively latin music playing. Lots of people gather to play chess in the morning and drink cuban coffee outside. Restaurant has a cafe side and restaurant side, so come beach casual or dressier, you always feel like you belong..

1  Thank Shore-Club-Hotel
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I stayed at a hotel near the restaurant and every morning I would go with my husband to cafe cuban coffee. It was a great way to start our day. The Barista in the Morning was on top of everything. She was very personable she remembered people's names and orders. She was quick at taking orders and believe me there was a line every morning. I also went to the restaurant to try the food and it was outstanding.

1  Thank KelleyQueen
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

My sister & i went to El Tropico hoping to have lunch. Since we were early we settled for breakfast which was huge & delicious. The uttered Cuban bread they served before the meal was warm & comforting. My omelet was great.

We came back for lunch the next day which was great. I had the Vaca Frita which was tasty. The yucca side dish was so good, it made me want to slap my mamma! The portions & prices were right. I would definitely go back on my nest trip to Sunny Isles Beach.