“Very, very disappointed with this restaurant's food!!”
Review of Copper Chimney

Copper Chimney
Price range: US$10 - US$50
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Indian cuisine has benefited from a number of food influences; Central Asia, Arabia, the Mughal Empire, Persia, and Britain have had fundamental effects on the ingredients and techniques of Indian food. The Mughal Empire introduced an assortment of non-vegetarian elements, including kebabs and rich gravies, and promoted the addition of fruits such as apricots and melons. One of the most notable dishes attributed to the Islamic rule is biryani- a dish based on basmati rice, meat, spices, and saffron. Later on , the Portuguese and british introduced the “New World” ingredients, such as potatoes, tomatoes, and chilies- which are now used in many curries, such as chicken vindaloo. In addition to outside influences, Indian cuisine varies from region to region, reflecting the ethnically diverse subcontinent.
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I've recently moved to Sunny Isles Beach from E. Kendall / S. Miami. Just felt like having some authentic Indian food & "googled" restaurants in this area & found Copper Chimney. I ordered curried goat and was told everything is a la carte so I added basmati rice, to go. For $28.- one would at least expect a serving of rice or roti! This was a "ripoff!! Got home and was so looking forward to enjoying my dinner based on the glowing reviews here. Well, the meal was so tasteless, the meat (doubt it was goat) was very dried out & trashy that I dumped it all in the garbage. I called the restaurant & spoke with the Owner whose only comment was to tell me about a frequent customer who eats this dish at their restaurant daily & is very happy with it. Well, to each his own. I'm from an Indian background and am very embarrassed that very poor quality food with no authentic Indian spices is being passed off as Indian & sold overpriced to unsuspecting customers. AWFUL. I would NEVER recommend this restaurant except for the décor.

1  Thank winsomart

Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

Awesome authentic food at great value - interior beats strip mall exterior. Really worth it. We had a great experience.

1  Thank RfromJersey
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We went to Miami and our hotel was in sunny isles and luckily this restaurant was 1 miles from our place. So we went on friday night and there was no one other than us.
We ordered the food which I believe was less in quantity for the price we paid for. The food was OK not great but that being said probably that's the best Indian food you can get in Miami.

I would recommend to visit that place

1  Thank Abhishek T
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Their food is great!
I never expected such authentic north Indian food in Miami. The owners are so nice and the staff is friendly too. They are willing to customize as per expectations. I wish the quantity was a little better and also, the chicken tikka did not taste like the paneer tikka. :)

1  Thank Sachi M
Reviewed 2 May 2013

My husband and I found this place while staying at a hotel across the street. It was our last night in town on our honeymoon and we were driving around and happened on this place. There was an outside dining area and people having a great time and we were hungry and decided to give it a chance. My husband is Indian and we eat this type of food weekly, so we knew exactly what we liked and what to order. He ordered the briyani and was so surprised on how it was served...very different from how he has ever seen it served before. It was placed in a bowl and then topped with nann bread that was baked over it (almost like a pot pie), my husband loved it and thought the food was delicious! I had the garlic nann and chicken tikka masala and it was very good as well. All the while, they were playing bollywood movies. We highly recommend this place.

1  Thank Janet R