With the exception of a few things that are detailed later in this review, we had a good stay at the Miami Beach Intracoastal. We arrived to Miami a few hours earlier than the 4pm check in but the staff accommodated us and allowed us to check in at 2pm. The unit was clean and complete with most amenities. We have no complaints about noise as other reviewers have mentioned. We were in town for a family reunion at the Newport Beachside Hotel, and after seeing that place I am glad we chose to stay offsite! The building is about a 10 minute walk to the beach access on Collins Blvd and if you are particularly ambitious you can also walk about a mile (either on the beach or on Collins) to Haulover Park, which is a nice county park on the beach, although I will caution you that it is right next to a nude beach (LOL!! funny sights during my morning beach run!). It's also close to the Aventura Mall (about 15 min drive) and walking distance to everything on Collins. I do have three complaints, however, which prevent me from rating this place 5 stars:
1) We were expecting two twin beds in the second bedroom but instead had a full bed and a leather futon. My two teens switched beds for the 4 nights we were there because they said the futon was uncomfortable so it was not fair to have one person sleep on the futon every night.
2) You are instructed to leave the unit as you found it which is completely fine, but the management does not provide you with the tools to do so. No broom or cleaning supplies were in the unit. We did the best we could with what we had.
3) The appliances/electronics in the unit could be better. The washer and dryer were old and the dryer in particular needed to be replaced. It did not dry our clothes even after four 1-hour cycles (really??). Also the water heater was VERY small so we had to take 3 minute showers! TV reception was not good and this would not have been an issue at any other time but since we were there during the semi-finals and finals for the World Cup it was a big deal to my sports-crazy family.
With the exception of the above three complaints, we had a satisfactory stay and I would stay again, but the next time I will call ahead to make sure I have the unit I actually reserved.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Miami Beach Intracoastal Apartments by Globe Quarters is a luxurious rental property in the Heart of Sunny Isles Beach. Apartments are spacious, welcoming, elegantly decorated and equipped with everything you might need during your short-term or extended stay. Each suite features living room and dining area, 2 bedrooms, private bathrooms a full-size kitchens equipped with top of the line appliances. The property consists of three high rise towers with luxurious amenities, including a state-of-the-art 5000 sq ft fitness and health center, tanning salon, massage therapy, and steam and sauna rooms. Enjoy waterfront heated pool and hot tub with sun decks, lounge chairs and cascading waterfall or step to the beautiful white sand beach one short block away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Hotels.com so you can book your Miami Beach Intracoastal Apartments by Globe Quarters reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miami Beach Intracoastal Apartments By Globe Quarters Sunny Isles Beach, Florida