After a maddening amount of research, I decided that my first Miami experience was going to be at Acqualina.
Definitely made the right choice.
I'm extremely picky, so I know it's unrealistic for me to look for perfection in any hotel. Acqualina, however, was just about as close to perfect as it gets. I should clarify that we a LHW members, and I believe that our membership greatly enhanced our stay, but this place shines regardless and I'm confident that non-LHW members will be just as pleased.
We were upgraded from our simple room to a one-bedroom suite as they had one available (courtesy of LHW; another LHW "perk" was the welcome gift - a small spa credit and a gift from the spa). I was completely blown away. The view was to DIE for, the balcony was a nice size, and the room was incredible spacious. Lovely decor, complete, gorgeous kitchen with modern amenities, separate study... wonderful bathroom.
Shortly after arrival I received a hand-written card and some delicious cake (pickiest cake person in the world, here) as, when booking, the hotel had found out that I was there to celebrate my college graduation and birthday.
Service here is outstanding. The valet was speedy, the concierge was friendly and helpful, and the spa staff were fantastic. My pedi wasn't overly luxurious but they did a wonderful job. The spa itself was great - a tad bit smaller than I anticipated, but very relaxing. The bar was really great and the breakfast was good. The pools are all very nice and relaxing.
My favorite thing about this place is the location. Right on a GORGEOUS stretch of the beach, the water here is perfect - and you're far enough away from downtown Miami to avoid the skeeziness of a packed beach if and when you want to. There were always enough chairs and the beach attendants were always ready to help. Another favorite here is the Costa Grill. We had dinner and martinis on the beach as the sun was setting - the food was delicious, the drinks were PERFECT, the waiter was outstanding, and it made for my favorite night among what ended up being a 10-day trip throughout Florida.
Expensive? Yes. Worth it? Every cent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach is a place where the charm of a Mediterranean villa meets elegance on the beach and a recipient of the coveted Forbes Travel Guide Five Star Award, the AAA Five Diamond Award and the Andrew Harper’s Reader’s Choice Award for Top #1 Top Beach Resort, #1 Top Spa Resort and #1 Top Family Resort. A seaside luxury haven located on 4.5 beachfront acres in pristine Sunny Isles Beach, Acqualina Resort & Spa features 98 impeccably appointed guest rooms and suites and 188 residencies with breathtaking views of Atlantic Ocean. Step into a world of luxury at this Miami Beach Resort with unprecedented accommodations and service, world-class dining destinations, including Piazzetta Marketplace, AQ by Acqualina with menus provided by Il Mulino New York and a separate restaurant by the Il Mulino New York, three oceanfront swimming pools, spacious boardroom, a world class fitness center offering the latest Artis technology and an innovative marine biology-based children’s program. A variety of lavish interior and exterior venues provide an ideal background for opulent weddings and memorable events on the lush property grounds boasting 400 feet of stunning Atlantic coastline. Acqualina Spa by ESPA, the first ESPA-branded spa in the United States, provides guests with an exquisite 20,000-square-foot, two-story tranquil sanctuary of excellence and relaxation set in a class of its own offering 11 multi-functional treatment rooms and an extravagant private spa suite for two, along with the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful outdoor terrace complete with a spa pool, heated jet pool, and Roman waterfall – all set against the gorgeous backdrop of the Atlantic Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Acqualina Resort And Spa On The Beach
- Acqualina Resort & Spa On The Beach Hotel Sunny Isles Beach
- Acqualina Hotel Sunny Isles Beach
- Acqualina Hotel On The Beach
- Acqualina Resort & Spa On The Beach Sunny Isles Beach, Florida