My family and I just returned after spending six nights at the Acqualina Hotel in Sunny Isles. I have to tell you, this was an experience that I will not forget!.
The property lies on a picture-perfect part of North Miami beach. It boasts three pools (one adults-only), a pool bar and grill (Costa Grill) which serves absolutely every drink imaginable and probably the best burger in town. The pool areas are kept absolutely spotless and staff (unoticeably for guests) work aroud the clock to keep it that way.
The Hotel's main restaurant is probably among the the best Italian restaurants in Miami. Il Mulino New York serves outstanding Italian dishes at great prices considering the portions and quality of the food. This restaurant is an institution in New York and soon to be in Sunny Isles as well.
We stayed in a one-bedroom oceanfront suite (with a den) that was perfect for our 1-year old son; the den was fitted with a crib and became his bedroom. The suite was large (1400 square feet+), beautifully decorated with a very functional kitchen, huge living area, dining room, master bedroom and en-suite bathroom. There is a powder room as well. The view from the 230 square foot balcony was breathtaking, day and night.
The staff at Acqualina was outstanding, catering to my son's needs and my wife's needs 24/7. From the staff on the beach, to the in-room dining, the housekeeping and the doorman, the hotel car driver to the front desk personel, service was world-class.
The ESPA is a 20,000 square-foot haven if you are looking for relaxation and serenity. Both my wife and I were blown away by the concept, the staff and the feeling of being completely retreated from the hustle and bustle of the Miami area.
Outside the Hotel, you will find pharmacies, grocery stores and even a Whole Foods about five minutes away by car. You are also five-minutes away from Bal Harbour Shops, great shopping plaza where you will find all the top designer stores you can imagine.
I travel all over the world for business and have a rare opportunity to try new resorts from the Boston to Budapest to Bahrain. Out of all the hotels I have stayed at, even the most luxurious resorts in Dubai and the Carribean, this property sets itself into a class of its own. All this, in a small up and coming town called Sunny Isles, Florida. Amazing!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach is a place where the charm of a Mediterranean villa meets elegance on the beach and a recipient of the coveted Forbes Travel Guide Five Star Award, the AAA Five Diamond Award and the Andrew Harper’s Reader’s Choice Award for Top #1 Top Beach Resort, #1 Top Spa Resort and #1 Top Family Resort. A seaside luxury haven located on 4.5 beachfront acres in pristine Sunny Isles Beach, Acqualina Resort & Spa features 98 impeccably appointed guest rooms and suites and 188 residencies with breathtaking views of Atlantic Ocean. Step into a world of luxury at this Miami Beach Resort with unprecedented accommodations and service, world-class dining destinations, including Piazzetta Marketplace, AQ by Acqualina with menus provided by Il Mulino New York and a separate restaurant by the Il Mulino New York, three oceanfront swimming pools, spacious boardroom, a world class fitness center offering the latest Artis technology and an innovative marine biology-based children’s program. A variety of lavish interior and exterior venues provide an ideal background for opulent weddings and memorable events on the lush property grounds boasting 400 feet of stunning Atlantic coastline. Acqualina Spa by ESPA, the first ESPA-branded spa in the United States, provides guests with an exquisite 20,000-square-foot, two-story tranquil sanctuary of excellence and relaxation set in a class of its own offering 11 multi-functional treatment rooms and an extravagant private spa suite for two, along with the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful outdoor terrace complete with a spa pool, heated jet pool, and Roman waterfall – all set against the gorgeous backdrop of the Atlantic Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Acqualina Resort & Spa On The Beach Hotel Sunny Isles Beach
- Acqualina Resort And Spa On The Beach
- Acqualina Hotel Sunny Isles Beach
- Acqualina Hotel On The Beach
- Acqualina Resort & Spa On The Beach Sunny Isles Beach, Florida