ROOMS: Spacious and elegantly appointed rooms with amazing bathrooms all with a deep soaking tub. We had requested the split floor plan so our bedroom was separate from the livingroom. This is a great option for families traveling with kids. When we arrived there was a plate of cookies for the kids with a letter with both kids’ names on it. The crib was high quality with a nice hotel blanket and upgraded baby bath amenities. There was a TV in the living room and bedroom also great for families so the kids can watch cartoons in their own separate area. The bath products by Espa smelled amazing and we each took advantage of the Jacuzzi tub. Our room had a very high tech Illy Espresso Machine equipped with detailed instructions that were easy to follow.
POOL: There were four pools to enjoy one of which was zero entry which was perfect for small kids. This is where we spent most of our time. On one of our pool days we had a cabana reserved and spent at least half of the day by the pool. This came in handy as Samantha napped on daddy for a couple of hours while a thunderstorm passed through. The cabana came with a fruit platter that was delivered in perfect timing for when Sam got hungry and cranky. We ordered lunch from our cabana and received excellent service and food. Emma made instant friends and worked on her swimming and jumping skills as long as we would let her. Every hour staff came around with refreshing smoothie samples and the pool concierge was quick to get our chairs ready and bring us cold water.
BEACH: The beach was one of the best I have seen in Miami. There was a small area set up for kids to play in the sand with buckets and shovels for them to borrow. There is a wonderful lawn area just behind the beach in case you wanted to move between the pool and the beach. On the lawn they have all kinds of sports equipment set up for the kids to play soccer and basketball. Yes, Emma jumped in on a game with the older boys!
RESTAURANTS: AQ is their newest restaurant which was farm to table modern American Cuisine. We had dinner there and everyone enjoyed their meals including the kids who ordered a cheese pizza. The restaurant was casual and sat off of the lobby bar. We also had our breakfast buffet at AQ which had a great selection of pastries, hot items and fresh juices. Il Mulino is their Italian Fine Dining restaurant which has excellent reviews. Will spent the second night alone with the kids while I attended a business meeting and they were all very happy with the room service! He even made mention of how friendly and prompt they were.
KIDS: Our kids were truly little VIPS! I don’t recall a hotel that has treated Emma and Sam so special. From the moment we checked in the ladies from Guest Relations was chatting with Emma and giving her their full and undivided attention. It didn't end there.... they made sure to come and visit her throughout our stay. They have a kids club for kids 5 and over but for those younger kids you can come and play you just need a parent there. Emma spent some time painting while waiting out the afternoon showers. When we checked in they gave Emma a penny to toss into the fountain, she had so much fun they made sure to have pennies on hand for her every time she was down there. As we came down to check out Victoria in Guest Relations called Emma over and gave her and Sam a gift to open. Each of my girls got a cute little lavender stuffed animal! .
SPA: ESPA: Holistic, meditative, and restorative treatments based on Ayurvedic principles are the basis of this elite Miami Beach spa in South Florida, where guests are invited to enjoy the full day-spa experience. Quiet lounges, sauna and steam rooms, a spa pool and terrace, and a selection of spa cuisine comprise the ESPA Journey.
SERVICE: I had to add a category just for the service! It was the people of Acqualina that made our stay so special. The whole family was treated with such genuine care and attention that made us feel so special. Everyone from the Guest Relations to Concierge, Pool Staff, Room Service and Housekeeping were amazing!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach is a place where the charm of a Mediterranean villa meets elegance on the beach and a recipient of the coveted Forbes Travel Guide Five Star Award, the AAA Five Diamond Award and the Andrew Harper’s Reader’s Choice Award for Top #1 Top Beach Resort, #1 Top Spa Resort and #1 Top Family Resort. A seaside luxury haven located on 4.5 beachfront acres in pristine Sunny Isles Beach, Acqualina Resort & Spa features 98 impeccably appointed guest rooms and suites and 188 residencies with breathtaking views of Atlantic Ocean. Step into a world of luxury at this Miami Beach Resort with unprecedented accommodations and service, world-class dining destinations, including Piazzetta Marketplace, AQ by Acqualina with menus provided by Il Mulino New York and a separate restaurant by the Il Mulino New York, three oceanfront swimming pools, spacious boardroom, a world class fitness center offering the latest Artis technology and an innovative marine biology-based children’s program. A variety of lavish interior and exterior venues provide an ideal background for opulent weddings and memorable events on the lush property grounds boasting 400 feet of stunning Atlantic coastline. Acqualina Spa by ESPA, the first ESPA-branded spa in the United States, provides guests with an exquisite 20,000-square-foot, two-story tranquil sanctuary of excellence and relaxation set in a class of its own offering 11 multi-functional treatment rooms and an extravagant private spa suite for two, along with the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful outdoor terrace complete with a spa pool, heated jet pool, and Roman waterfall – all set against the gorgeous backdrop of the Atlantic Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Acqualina Resort & Spa On The Beach Hotel Sunny Isles Beach
- Acqualina Resort And Spa On The Beach
- Acqualina Hotel Sunny Isles Beach
- Acqualina Hotel On The Beach
- Acqualina Resort & Spa On The Beach Sunny Isles Beach, Florida