“Wow!!”

Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach
Houston, Texas
“Wow!!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel is top notch! I have stayed at many 5 star hotels around the world, and this one is right up there with the top! They treat you like royalty. Anything and everything you need is at your disposal. The adult pool was strictly enforced which we were so thankful for! The cabanas even had tvs! The beach and pool manager (LeMonte???) was the nicest person ever! All wait staff at the pool and beach were super nice and fast. We ate at II Mulino one night, it was very classy and they kept bringing you food! There is a really cool dessert bar downstairs that has pastries, brownies, cheesecakes, gelato, etc. Great idea for kids. Breakfast buffet was really good. We were stuffed all day after that. The room was huge and gorgeous, our view was perfect. Housekeeping did an amazing job, even brought bottled water at turn down service every night. The grounds were beautiful! The spa was great, very relaxing. This hotel pays so much attention to detail it is unreal. They have a private car that will take you around town too. Cab rides were $52 from Miami airport and $45 to Ft Lauderdale airport. The beach was remarkable! Clear water that was waist deep for hundreds of feet off the shore. We had a blast and will definitely return! This is the best hotel! Don't even consider anything else!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Clh06TX
AcqualinaManagement, Hotel Manager at Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Clh06TX,

Thank you very much for this wonderful review and I am overjoyed to read that your experience at Acqualina was nothing short of exceptional. It gives me great pleasure to share your sentiments and praises with our team of dedicated dream makers and particularly with LaMonte who exceeded your expectations with our Pool & Beach team.

Thank you also for highlighting our outstanding Food & Beverage product along with world class accomodations and amenities, our Housekeeping team and also the heavenly Acqualina Spa by ESPA, an oasis of relaxation and rejuvenation.

It was such a great pleasure to have you with us and we are already looking forward to a future visit so we may yet again pamper and treat you like royalty. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me personally if I may be of any service.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Naples, FL
Reviewed 12 June 2014

ROOMS: Spacious and elegantly appointed rooms with amazing bathrooms all with a deep soaking tub. We had requested the split floor plan so our bedroom was separate from the livingroom. This is a great option for families traveling with kids. When we arrived there was a plate of cookies for the kids with a letter with both kids’ names on it. The crib was high quality with a nice hotel blanket and upgraded baby bath amenities. There was a TV in the living room and bedroom also great for families so the kids can watch cartoons in their own separate area. The bath products by Espa smelled amazing and we each took advantage of the Jacuzzi tub. Our room had a very high tech Illy Espresso Machine equipped with detailed instructions that were easy to follow.

POOL: There were four pools to enjoy one of which was zero entry which was perfect for small kids. This is where we spent most of our time. On one of our pool days we had a cabana reserved and spent at least half of the day by the pool. This came in handy as Samantha napped on daddy for a couple of hours while a thunderstorm passed through. The cabana came with a fruit platter that was delivered in perfect timing for when Sam got hungry and cranky. We ordered lunch from our cabana and received excellent service and food. Emma made instant friends and worked on her swimming and jumping skills as long as we would let her. Every hour staff came around with refreshing smoothie samples and the pool concierge was quick to get our chairs ready and bring us cold water.

BEACH: The beach was one of the best I have seen in Miami. There was a small area set up for kids to play in the sand with buckets and shovels for them to borrow. There is a wonderful lawn area just behind the beach in case you wanted to move between the pool and the beach. On the lawn they have all kinds of sports equipment set up for the kids to play soccer and basketball. Yes, Emma jumped in on a game with the older boys!

RESTAURANTS: AQ is their newest restaurant which was farm to table modern American Cuisine. We had dinner there and everyone enjoyed their meals including the kids who ordered a cheese pizza. The restaurant was casual and sat off of the lobby bar. We also had our breakfast buffet at AQ which had a great selection of pastries, hot items and fresh juices. Il Mulino is their Italian Fine Dining restaurant which has excellent reviews. Will spent the second night alone with the kids while I attended a business meeting and they were all very happy with the room service! He even made mention of how friendly and prompt they were.

KIDS: Our kids were truly little VIPS! I don’t recall a hotel that has treated Emma and Sam so special. From the moment we checked in the ladies from Guest Relations was chatting with Emma and giving her their full and undivided attention. It didn't end there.... they made sure to come and visit her throughout our stay. They have a kids club for kids 5 and over but for those younger kids you can come and play you just need a parent there. Emma spent some time painting while waiting out the afternoon showers. When we checked in they gave Emma a penny to toss into the fountain, she had so much fun they made sure to have pennies on hand for her every time she was down there. As we came down to check out Victoria in Guest Relations called Emma over and gave her and Sam a gift to open. Each of my girls got a cute little lavender stuffed animal! .

SPA: ESPA: Holistic, meditative, and restorative treatments based on Ayurvedic principles are the basis of this elite Miami Beach spa in South Florida, where guests are invited to enjoy the full day-spa experience. Quiet lounges, sauna and steam rooms, a spa pool and terrace, and a selection of spa cuisine comprise the ESPA Journey.

SERVICE: I had to add a category just for the service! It was the people of Acqualina that made our stay so special. The whole family was treated with such genuine care and attention that made us feel so special. Everyone from the Guest Relations to Concierge, Pool Staff, Room Service and Housekeeping were amazing!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Naplestravelgrl
AcqualinaManagement, Hotel Manager at Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear Naplestravelgrl,

I cannot begin to thank you for this wonderful and extensive review of Acqualina. It was such a great pleasure to have you and your family with us, particularly your daughters who were just absolutely adorable and as you noticed, really "bewitched" our entire staff.

You have experienced and in this review just perfectly captured what Acqualina is all about. And that is not simply luxurious and elegant accommodation, perfectly manicured ground and extensive outdoors, a gorgeous 400 feet of beach front right at the Atlantic Ocean, a heavenly spa and flavorful cuisine in one of our many dining options but even more so, the passionate, dedicated and committed staff which really takes great pride and joy in serving our guests, no matter what size or age.

I noticed all the wonderful pictures you took and I can assure you that you also have left long lasting memories here with our Acqualina dream makers. We are already looking very much forward to have you and your family back with us and can hardly wait for the next visit. Please don't hesitate to contact me personally if there is anything at all I may assist you with in the interim.

Once again, my sincere and heartfelt gratitude and please give my very best to your husband, Emma and Sam.

Warmly

New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We had our June 2014 wedding at Acqualina and it was truly spectacular. Not only was the entire staff super helpful and always kind, but the food and location created the most romantic atmosphere. Concierge, reception, housekeeping, valets, bellboys even the security were willing to jump in and lend a hand (when the bride got stuck in the elevator!) and no matter how difficult or demanding a request was, they all worked double time to make it possible. The food was top quality; the fish was juicy and the steak was cooked to perfection without being well-done or rare. All catering and event coordination staff were on point and we were able to trust them with our most expensive gifts. The hotel overall truly lives up to its 5-star rating!

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are less exciting at night, but all rooms have a balcony.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
AcqualinaManagement, Hotel Manager at Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Sabina A,

It was a true pleasure, an honor and a privilege to not only the venue for your most memorable and wonderful wedding but even more so contribute to create one of a kind memories that will surely last a life time. The entire Acqualina team was thrilled to be of service for this Wedding and to cater to your every need along with your family and all the attendees.

It gives me great joy to share your sentiments with all of our "Dream Makers" as it continues to fuel our efforts to provide exceptional service, world class accommodation and a most unique setting. We are very grateful and are already looking forward to have you, your husband and family back with us in the near future, hopefully long before your first anniversary.

Once again, thank you kindly on behalf of Acqualina and please enjoy the honeymoon!

Warm Regards

Shirley, New York
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I travel a lot for work, and I have visited many "5 star" hotels. I can honestly say that the Acqualina was superb and exceeded every expectation I had. Everyone was not only helpful and polite when interacting with you, but they all seemed happy and would smile even when not helping people. I was able to strike up conversations with many of the staff members there, because I think it creates a more comfortable environment. They were all pleasant and had great personalities and knowledgeable of the area. I was offered champagne upon check in, the daily turn down service was fantastic and best of all was the banquet manager, Glenda. She made this trip extra special. Created such an amazing experience and elevated what was already luxurious to a level that I'm sure will never be surpassed. She made herself available to me in case there were any issues, offered recommendations and was so easy to work with. Her thoughtfulness and creativity is unrivaled. I heard a quote recently, "Luxury without warmth is arrogance." Many hotels strive for create a luxury experience, but they miss the warmth and welcoming needed. The Acqualina and Glenda, specifically, provided a truly warm welcome, and assistance throughout. I cannot say enough about my experience.

Room Tip: Every room is a good room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank swimman7
AcqualinaManagement, Hotel Manager at Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear swimman7

Thank you ever so much for sharing these wonderful memories from your most recent experience at Acqualina. It fills me with great pride to see that our staff of dedicated and passionate professionals not only met but exceeded your expectations, particuarly Glenda.

We thrive on such positive feedback and strive for perfection, always looking for ways to go above and beyond, the so called "extra mile". And more importantly, not simply do it because it is "our job" but do it because it is simply what we love to do.

And at Acqualina, we truly value our guests and genuinely want to serve and provide them with an exceptional experience, treat them like royalty and welcome them and their friends and family back for many years to come.

We are already looking forward to welcome you back in the near future and please don't hesitate to reach out to me personally if I may be of any service.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at many "5 star" hotels in my travels with work, but I have to say, my recent experience at acqualina was above and beyond. From the champaign at checkin to the complimentary car service around town, this hotel has truly redefined luxury hospitality. The room was fit for a king, but the service is truly what differentiated it. While here to lead a conference, the banquet/events manager, Glenda was PHENOMENAL! She met us at checkin to give us a personal tour of the hotel and our meeting space. After day one, she had her staff miraculously pull off a last minute room rearrangement and then somehow found me at the hotel restaurant to confirm the change had been made. Wow! She had the valet pull the cars out each afternoon so they would be ready upon our departure and was extremely accessible via text message, there for our every need. She truly made our experience at the property a memorable one and we can't thank her enough!

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Aaron L

Thank you kindly for the glowing review, the genuine and sincere sentiments and your praise for Acqualina, particularly our staff and especially Glenda. It fills me with great pride to read your wonderful comments and I am also very happy to see that we were able to accommodate all the last minute changes to make your conference a success.

It will be my pleasure to share this review with all of our "Dream Makers" and we are looking forward to delighting you on a future occasion here in "Paradise".

Once again, thank you very much and have a most wonderful weekend.

Sincerely

Province of Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Acqualina is one of the best Hotels I have ever stay... A great family resort destination to enjoy day & night with the family
3 incredible pools plus a private one in the ESPA area, Great gym as well.
Il Muolino Restaurant is a MUST during your stay, also try the beautiful Beach bar with best burgers in town
Poll servis is unparalleled... kid´s club for free very nice too. Room sixes are really big... In my oinion the best resort in Miami Beach No competition at all !!

Room Tip: 1 bed suites ocean view ideal for couple with 1 or 2 Childs
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Pablo V
AcqualinaManagement, Hotel Manager at Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Paul V,

It was such a great pleasure to host you along with your family at Acqualina. Thank you kindly for the praise of our services, the wonderful grounds and of course, the magnificent amenities. I am delighted to read that you also enjoyed dinner at our Zagat rated Il Mulino New York restaurant and our Costa Grill, the only restaurant with a "front row seat" of the Atlantic Ocean. Acquamarine is a wonderful playground for children and I am happy that yours were able to take advantage of it as well! We are already looking forward to your next visit and please don't hesitate if I may be of any service.

Warm Regards

New York City
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This place is a gem. 20 minutes from the airport. Lovely clean beach and impeccable service. Kids love it especially the three different pools, basketball court and the frequent trips to WINGS across the street. The Suite is to die for with a large kitchen, three bedrooms etc... Loved sitting on the terrace watching the sunrise each morning.

Room Tip: The suites are fabulous and can easily fit our family of five.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank rdkflk
Dear rdkflk,

Thank you kindly for providing this wonderful feedback and it fills me with great pride to read that our lovely Acqualina once again managed to exceed your expectations. We greatly value your loyalty and patronage and I will most certainly share your sentiments with our entire family of Dream Makers. It is also nice to read that you enjoyed our great location and the convenience of having "Wings" located right across the street. We look forward to many more future visits and Acqualina sunrises. If there is anything I may assist you with in the interim, please don't hesitate.

With Sincerity

1 Hotel South Beach
1 Hotel South Beach
#9 of 207 in Miami Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,909 reviews

Been to Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach? Share your experiences!