“Gray 25th Anniversary”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Sunny Isles Beach
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Gray 25th Anniversary”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

The service was exceptional from exiting our vehicle to check-in. Marisol at front desk reception gave us a personal and wonderful tour of the resort. They treated us like royalty from check in to check out. Our room was breath taking elegant, clean, spacious from the decor to view. Special thanks to Andrea and the other staff in housekeeping for swan towel and rose petals display/anniversary surprise. My wife experienced first hand an AMAZING Spa ESPA certified treatment by massage therapist Dekendra James. Dinner at AQ by Acqualina and IL Mulno were both memorable. I tried a signature cocktail at the AQ called 'Kiss on the Neck' and the server were polite and efficient. At IL Mulno they went out of their way to make our dinner special with 3 servers, complinmentary grappa and Happy Anniversary written in chocolate with our dessert. Last but not least we reserved the pool side cabanas for a couple of days in the adult tranquility pool. The servers were extremely attentive and made sure we had anything we needed to be comfortable, and they were always only a call away. Thanks Paula, Lemont, Ortiz, Brian & Danni, This is great for couples or just a single person to relax and be lazy. This was our first visit to Acqualina Resort & Spa but it will certainly not be our LAST!

3 Thank Jagu G
AcqualinaManagement, Hotel Manager at Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach, responded to this review, 6 September 2014
Dear Jagu G,

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your sentiments of the most recent Acqualina experience with the world! It truly brightens my day to read of your wonderful review and I have already taken the liberty to share it will all of our dream makers, particularly each and every single one who truly went beyond the "call of duty" to make you feel comfortable, pamper you and extend all courtesies possible.

Congratulations once again on celebrating your anniversary with us and we are looking forward to many more celebrations in the near future! Please remember Acqualina as your luxurious oasis of relaxation and rejuvenation, unparalleled world class service and true "Elegance on the Beach". If there is anything at all I may assist you with, please don't hesitate. Acqualina remains at your service.

Warmly

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Reviewed 28 August 2014

All that's left is that they can submerge this masterpiece under water (what's Acqualina mean in Italian, again?). The service was top-notch, as was the quality of our room, and, just overall, the stay can be summed up as magnificent. I'd recommend frequenting the Spa, or the ESPA -- great level of service.
The Spa Attendants were extremely helpful when sought, as was the Front Desk. As an advice, if you're looking to dine out of the hotel, and you want 'grub' (take a break from the elegance), check out La Barra (Argentine meat-orgy). If outdoors is you're thing, there's beautiful state park not too far away from the vicinity of the hotel. 5-star hotel, nothing short; nothing less.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank TomGoht
Dear TomGoht

What a lovely account of your most recent experience here at Acqualina (which loosely translated from italian means "by the water")! Thank you very much for sharing it in this forum and it is great to read that not only all the luxurious amenities but even more so our team truly went above and beyond to create wonderful memories that last a life time. We are already looking forward to having you back and please don't hesitate to contact me personally if I may be of any service. Please have a wonderful and relaxing weekend.

Sincerely

Bay Shore, New York, United States
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Where to start when so much good to say about this resort We are avid travelers and love to explore new places. Acqualina resort has far exceeded our expectations. From the rooms to the grounds this resort is exceptional. The staff was amazing especially Ashley,Valentina and Daniel from the pool . They were there for anything we could have needed and very personable. They are an asset to Acqualina. It was our anniversary and Max from security and Claudyna from the front desk made sure it was acknowledged and made it a night we will remember forever so a special thank you to them. Acqualina will be our go to place when we need a short get away.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
AcqualinaManagement, Hotel Manager at Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear Ed R,

I really appreciate your wonderful sentiments and it makes me incredibly happy to know you had such a lovely time with us at Acqualina. It was our pleasure to serve you with a passion and exceed your expectations. Our dream maker family takes great pride in providing memorable experiences and it will be my pleasure to share your positive feedback with all, particularly the team members highlighted.
We have means to reward them internally and will gladly do so! If there is anything at all that I may assist you with, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. Once again, congratulations on your anniversary and we hope that we don't have to wait for another year until we see you again here at Acqualina. Have a lovely labor day weekend!

Warmly

NJ
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I stayed at this property in early August with my husband and two sons. The room and property were clean and beautiful, and the level of service was impressive. Although there were a few surprising and avoidable service issues, they were handled promptly and with a very courteous attitude. Our overall experience was excellent, and I would recommend the property.

The one-bedroom oceanfront suite was spacious, clean, and bright, although the lighting in the bathroom could be improved a little. The bed was comfortable. Our boys slept in the "den," on the daybed and a rollaway bed. Neither boy found the rollaway to be comfortable, and I would not recommend it for a person over 6 years old. One of our service issues occurred when the rollaway was not set up in the room when we checked in, as we had requested. The person who showed us to the room promised it would be done, but after we spent several hours at the beach, the bed still had not arrived and I had to call for assistance. It was then immediately taken care of. Also, the WiFi signal in the room was a little weak, and the air conditioning blower was very loud.

The beach was lovely; somewhat busy on the weekend but less crowded during the week. Food and beverage service on the beach was excellent. The ocean temperature was at least 90 degrees and the water at this part of the beach was very clear. The beach was much less crowded than the Trump International property next door.

We had room service one evening. It arrived very quickly and the food was hot and very good. Dinners at Il Mulino and AQ were equally impressive. We all enjoyed the breakfast buffet. The spa is beautiful, and my husband and I both had great treatments there. I appreciated the friendliness of the spa staff member who showed me the facilities and who remembered meeting my husband the day before.

A note about the construction on the "Mansions" building: it is ongoing, and they were working on the pool/exterior areas when we were there. Hammering began one day before 7:00 a.m. and we could hear it in our oceanfront room. I'm not complaining about that noise, because we knew before booking that construction was underway, but be advised that if they are working on the exterior of that property, you will hear the noise. We also heard the noise when at the pool or beach, but it was not disruptive to us.

Finally, there were some telephone system issues when I called the property prior to arrival. I should note that I provided feedback to the resort via their online survey, and I received a very quick and personal reply from the hotel manager regarding my concerns. This level of attention was impressive.

I would happily return to Acqualina. I realized from our visit that there is probably no property that is perfect, but the friendly and professional attitude of all staff members at Acqualina helps make the small inconveniences seem less important.

Room Tip: If you can travel when there is a full moon and book and oceanfront room, you will be treated to a m...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mom_of_2NJ
Dear mom of 2NJ,

I greatly appreciate you taking the time and posting this incredible review about the Acqualina Resort and Spa on the Beach. It is beautifully crafted and very spirited, outlining and detailing not only the exceptional world class and luxurious amenities provided throughout the resort but even more so highlighting the unparalleled service delivered by our passionate dream makers. I am delighted to know that you and your family truly enjoyed your vacation.

At the same token, please accept my apologies for the minor inconveniences encountered and I am at ease to know our team tended to it immediately. Swift response and resolve are of utmost importance and paramount to minimize the impact on the guest experience and we are always grateful for constructive criticism in order for us to improve service provided. This feedback is taken very seriously and shared with all members of the management team for immediate action.

Respective the noise emanating from the adjacent lot, work is in the final stages and at this point, as you mentioned, the noise is very minimal and mostly considered as “white noise” in the background. Once again, thank you very much for your kind sentiments and we are all very much looking forward to a visit in the near future. Please send my regards to your family as well and have a great labor day weekend.

With Sincerity

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Best hotel. Perfect service. Excellent food. Friendly staff.
It's not cheap. But worth every penny.
My family visit this hotel 3-4 times a year. Early check in, no problem, just request it before. Valet parking works fast.
What else do you need for the great stay?

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Izf71
Dear Izf71,

Thank you kindly for this lovely review and more importantly, for your continuous loyalty and patronage. It is always a true pleasure to have you and your family staying with us at the resort and we are elated you choose Acqualina as your "home away from home". We are already looking very much forward to your next visit and I trust you have a lovely labor day weekend.

Kindly

Brasilia, DF
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This hotel and all staff are amazing! Trully 5 stars, unforgettable! They have drivers to carry you whatever you wanna go up to 5 miles, so tou don't really need a car there. I really recommend, you're not going to regrets.

Room Tip: The roon in front the ocean are amazing
2 Thank Marina R
Dear Marina R,

It was a great pleasure and privilege to host you at Acqualina and we are delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I am also elated to read that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary luxury house car service which is offered 7 days a week from 10am until 8pm on a first come, first serve basis in a 5 mile radius of the resort. Our team of dream makers is already looking forward to welcome you back so we may pamper you again on a future vacation. Please enjoy and have a lovely day!

Warm Regards

New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The facilities are awesome. They have 3 pools which one of the is just for grown ups, an amazing Spa, kids club, beach services, valet park, and believe everything works perfectly. The room is really good, not big not small, let's say with a good space, the Hotel has 2 restaurants one of them the food is average and the other is the famous Il Mulino from NYC, which is so far so good, the services are really good, I'll probably be back.

Room Tip: The rooms at beachfront have a good view and are larger than the others. Go have dinner at J&G...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Emilio N
Dear Emilio N,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time and share your experience from the most recent stay at Acqualina on Tripadvisor. It is wonderful to read that we were able to exceed your expectations and you truly enjoyed this family vacation. Please come back and visit us again in the near future, it would be our pleasure to welcome you back. Have a wonderful remainder of the summer.

With Sincerity

1 Hotel South Beach
#8 of 208 in Miami Beach
Sole on the Ocean
#3 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach

Been to Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach? Share your experiences!