Marenas Beach Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Trump International Beach Resort(Sunny Isles Beach)
Very Good 4/5
Good 3.5/5
Excellent 5/5
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
1,708 results
All reviewsfull kitchensunny islesvalet parkingwasher and dryerliving roomwrap around balconysmall poolocean viewaventura mallnice resortnice sizethe entire staffchairs and umbrellaspool barrental carvalet servicefort lauderdale
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

This was my second stay at this resort. There have been many noticeable improvements - the wifi is much better, wonderful service and helpful employees. Full modern kitchen, and the fridge even has a nice machine. No complaints!!
I will definitely stay here again next time I am in town.

Stayed: February 2014
Dan M, General Manager at Marenas Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent stay at Marenas Beach Resort. As you mention in your review, the property continues to undergo several improvements such as new HDTV programming, Wi-Fi improvements, Balcony Furniture, Sofa Beds, and New room carpeting (completion by June). The pool area will also be renovated over the summer months. Our staff takes great pride and care to ensure our guests have a memorable experience.

We look forward to your next visit to Marenas Beach Resort.

Thank you for being our guests.

Dan McDermott

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Good location. Near aventura mall. Nice people. Too noisy. Wi-fi does not work well. Our air- conditioning did not work. Breakfast very expensive and poor options, swimming pool extremely small for the number of people.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 31Monica
Dan M, General Manager at Marenas Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

I am sorry to hear about your poor experience from last August. Although small, our pool offers a relaxing atmosphere for our guests, which will further be enhanced with the WaterFall refurbishment project coming in the next few weeks.

We are also continuing to upgrade the Rooms with new carpet and new custom sleeper sofas for all of our guestrooms. We hope to have these improvements completed by June.

Thank you for your comments. We hope you would give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I used to be a frequent guest at this hotel when it was still a Le Meridien. It was a nice family hotel, very good service, nice accommodations, clean, etc...
I came in Sunny Isles for business, alone, this time and my experience was horrible : The room was not clean (hairs in the bathroom, dust on the bottom of the walls, etc...), bad room given even though I was an Iprefer member and a revisiting guest, but worst of all I had to sleep the whole night with a noise which was in the wall (drops of water making a continuous noise). I called the front desk at 6am and they told me that they have no choice since they were full even though we could still reserve room on their website for the coming nights !!
After all of this, even alone, I moved to the Trump Hotel right next door which is nice, nice staff, clean, beautiful and not much more expensive than the Marenas.
Never going to book this hotel again !

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Ruben B

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Trip Advisor. I offer my sincerest apologies for what should have been a pleasant experience. As well, I will be certain to share your comments with our Housekeeping Director, Gregory Shaw, so he can work to elliminate these types of issues for our future guests.

We are sorry to hear you were not able to enjoy the property as you expected. Please feel free to reach out to me directly, should you want to discuss your stay. I can be reached at (305) 503-6037.

Again, I offer my sincerest apologies for this less than exceptional experience.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

I stayed at this resort from February 6-9, 2014. It was a girls' getaway. Our room was mediocre. Modern, but the bathroom could've been cleaner. The windows were not clear... condensation or something fogged them up. The bed and pillows were comfortable.

The spa was a JOKE! The website makes it look like a professional, upscale spa. FALSE! I had a hot stone massage. There were no robes and the massage therapist stopped to change or fix the relaxation cd playing from a boom box in the corner twice. She dropped the stones several times, tripped over something and failed to create any sense of relaxation. I could hear noise from the restaurant below, her cell phone went off during the massage, and I could here a walkie talkie from housekeeping from time to time. To top it all off, the prices on the website were NOT what they charged me and they added a 28% gratuity without even asking! I've been to many, many upscale spas and have always been at liberty to leave gratuity on my own. $168 for a crappy, cheap massage is ridiculous. My friend's massage table didn't have a face rest... it was broken. They asked her to just smash her face into the table. She complained and they took $20 off, which was little help. The mani/pedi room is stark and I liken it to a cheap nail place rather than a spa.

The beach was insanely crowded. If you want a cushion for your cheap beach lounger it will cost you $5. (Not included in your $20/day resort fee.) The pool is CRAZY small--- maybe 12 chairs total and was crowded with kids. There is a shadow on the pool most of the day, anyway. There was no beach drink or food service. We asked several times and were told someone would help us but no one ever came. The beautiful fountain in the picture on the website that spills into the pool was dry and had huge cracks in the bottom leading me to believe it hasn't worked in quite some time.

The lunch menu was decent but ambiance was lacking. Breakfast was typical hotel food. The hotel bar was closed and under construction the entire time.

The website says that a round trip cab fare from MIA would be $40. Wrong again! All cabs have stickers on the window that clearly state the fare from MIA to that zone is $52 one way.

It was difficult to find employees that spoke clear English.

If you are looking for upscale, this is NOT for you, especially the spa!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Carrie_GG

Thank you for letting us know about your less than stellar experience. While we try to update our website on an ongoing basis, we sometimes have items, such as the Taxi Fares which change on a frequent basis. As well, we have spoken to our Spa Vendor to review your charges for that weekend so they may consider a further discount due to your unhappiness with their services.

We are continuing to work on several improvements in the property, including the Pool Fountain, which will be renovated in the coming months.

Should you wish to reach me directly, I can be reached at (305) 503-6037. I hope to have an opportunity to rectify your poor experience.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

We wanted to get my mom out of the COLD weather and decided on a long weekend at the Marenas Resort. What a great decision! We had a 2 bedroom ocean front suite and it was beautiful - the view,the space,the set up - everything! Also the service was wonderful! The concierge was ever so helpful, always with a smile on his face. The entire staff was so pleasant and helpful! We will definitely be back!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience at Marenas Beach Resort with the Trip Advisor community. We are pleased to hear about the exceptional service provided by our staff during your stay. I am also glad you were able to escape the cold and enjoy the spectacular weather we have been experiencing here in Sunny Isles Beach. As a note, the property continues to undergo several upgrades to the guest rooms in the coming months with new carpeting and recently installed sofa beds and new HDTV programming.

We look forward to your next visit.

Thank you for being our guest.

Dan McDermott