“Wow! Great Place to stay in! Will Return Again!”

Marenas Beach Resort
Newport News, Virginia
“Wow! Great Place to stay in! Will Return Again!”
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

This was by far my favorite hotel ever! The customer service was superb! From the front desk, to valet parking, to the house keeping. I will definitely stay here again. When I say EVERYONE was nice and friendly. I mean it! It was a fun family atmosphere right on the beach. Location! Location! Location! was fantastic and a huge plus. I was minutes from different malls :Aventura, Intercoastal, Bal Harbor. I was surrounded by plenty of places to eat: Denny's McDonalds, Tony Romans, Subway, Pollo Tropical, I could go on and on. There is also grocery stores nearby such as Publix supermarket. The public transportation runs every 30 minutes. Now let me talk about the room. I had an ocean view. The balcony was nice. The whole place was clean! It had washer and dryer with deter- gent included. Full kitchen with pots, pans, and dishes. The biggest plus for me was the washer and dryer! This is such a great offer especially since my Two year old toddler was with me. Hey they say you get what you pay for. I still save 30% from reserving my room from the hotel's website and I got top notch service. I didn't eat in the restaurant but I can tell you that food always smelled good. Shout out to William at the front desk! I was able to check out later than usual. Wow! What a wonderful place to stay. I will be back again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank CUCUWILL
Dan M, General Manager at Marenas Beach Resort, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
What a great review of Marenas Beach Resort, Thank you!! Marenas is definitely a hidden gem within beautiful Sunny Isles Beach. We continue to work to improve the resort in the coming weeks with new carpeting in all guest rooms and a revitalized pool experience with a new waterfall feature being added. Over the past several months, we have made several improvements, with a few being: new flat screen TVs and HD programming, new Wi-Fi througout the property, new balcony furniture in the rooms, and new sofa beds.

We thank you recognizing, William Cardenas, one of our star performers. William does his best to create lifelong memories for our guests.

We look forward to your next visit to Marenas Beach Resort.

Thank you for being our guest.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Morristown, Tennessee
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Property is a nice location in North Miami Beach area. Hotel is on the beach and almost all rooms have a great view. Reservation was through Hotwire so I was not sure what to expect. Drive-up for parking a bit cramped and confusing, however, valet staff was adequate. Traffic was horrible during our stay due to construction, so we never brought out the car again. Initial room had serious lighting issues, and initial phone representative not helpful. Once I got William at the front desk to understand, he was exceptional. We were upgraded to a new room that was very well-appointed.

Beach service was a highlight. Danny and Carlos exceeded expectations at every opportunity.

The restaurant was not a highlight. Our first night, at 9pm, no one came to welcome or seat us for 10 minutes, so we left. We did eat lunch on the deck once. Sandwich was not good. There are numerous restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 7TcT7
Thank you for sharing your experience at Marenas Beach Resort with the Trip Advisor community. Marenas' location is perfect for shopping, visiting South Beach in the evening, and enjoying the warm sun on our beautiful beach. Our staff takes great pride and care to ensure our guests have a memorable experience. We continue to work on improving our restaurant experience, which includes a new menu and updated furniture. As well, we are in the final phase of our room and property enhancements which includes new guest room carpeting and pool improvements.

Belo Horizonte
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

I was in the hotel between November 30th and December 3rd, with my wife, and 3 more friends. The hotel is nice and has a decent service.
The surprise occurred 11 days afte when we were back in Brazil.
The hotel charged our credit card in U$496 with no reason at all!!!
All room fares were pre paid, and we paid the parking fares while we were there... There was nothing else to be paid.
We tried to contac the hotel, but no answer.
We need the hotel to take care of this situation ASAP. We are giving the hotel a second chance to help us in a friendly way, or we gonna have to sue them or something.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Gustavo V
Dan M, General Manager at Marenas Beach Resort, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you for your letting us know about your billing issue from December of last year. Please reach out to me directly at DMcDermott@MarenasResort.com so we can work to resolve your issue.

Regards,

Lander, Wyoming
Reviewed 29 March 2014

The property is OK, the beach is great. Just do not rely on them for anything like getting you a cab, or getting you into your room before 4 PM. We called and asked for an early check in as we were arriving at noon. They did not say no, rather that they would call us when our room was ready. They called us at 4. Then we called and asked them for a cab in twenty minutes. We got down to the lobby in twenty minutes, no cab had been called. Twenty minutes later they tell us they can not get us a cab! We walked out to the street and were able to hale one down, arriving forty minutes late to our dinner. We did have a so so lunch in the restaurant while we were waiting for our call. I think what was most frustrating was that no one would take any responsibility, treated us like it was not their fault. High priced resort with lousy service.

Room Tip: rooms on ocean front are nice.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Charlie82520
Dan M, General Manager at Marenas Beach Resort, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thank you for your important feedback regarding you recent stay. We are truly sorry we couldn't accomodate you earlier than our normal 4PM check-in time. It is very difficult during the winter months due to our high occupancy to honor all of our requests for early check-in. I am also sorry our staff was not able to recover sufficiently from not having called a taxi as requested. Taxi service is also difficult to manage due to their business demands and are not as reliable as we would like when it comes to timing. I will be certain to share your experience with our staff, so we can work to improve for our future guests.

Again, we thank you for your feedback. I offer my sincerest apologies for not being able to provide the experience you expected.

Thank you for being our guests.
Bristol, Tennessee
Reviewed 27 March 2014

My husband and I stayed at Marena's for two nights following our cruise from Miami. We were VERY impressed! The location is right on the beach with beautiful views of the ocean and bay. Victoria Jaramillo (front desk manager) is a true asset to the resort. Her interactions with the staff and with the customers should be recognized. She dealt with a problem we had with our outside reservation with professionalism and compassion, going above and beyond to make us feel very welcome and truly making our time there memorable. Everyone we encountered at the front desk was helpful and gave their full attention to the customer.
Charley (concierge) did a wonderful job of setting up our Everglades air boat and alligator tour, which I highly recommend, and was very friendly and seemed to work efficiently. Although we did not get to utilize the beach chairs for more than a few hours, the beach staff (chairs and towels) were very friendly and accommodating. The pool and spa pool closed at 10pm, but we swam both nights well after this time and were not bothered. We were more than happy with our stay and very grateful for the caring staff there. I recommend bringing a few soft drinks and waters with you to keep in the room since there is a small refrigerator even in the smaller rooms.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have the best view...well worth it to have a balcony. 10th floor gave an amazing view a...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
What a nice review which I have the pleasure of responding to. I am truly happy you chose to stay at Marenas Beach Resort after your cruise. Victoria Jaramillo does a great job for our guests and I am glad she turned your difficult experience with the outside rental into a positive memory. We thank you for sharing your experience and look forward to once again having you as our guests.

Yours in hospitality,

Naples, Florida
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We stayed in a one bed/ 2 bath suite. The first room had extremely dirty carpet. We asked to be moved. The front desk staff changed the room to a room with new carpet qucikly. The rooms are great, Large nice furnishings, kitchen and two bathroms with a family is wonderful. Note the coffee maker is a keurig, so don't bring ground coffee. The oceanfront view and large balcony were stunning. They were also very clean, housekeeping came as soon as we left the room in the morning to clean. I appreciate that. The sofa bed was given four stars by my kids, very comfortable with a real mattress.
Unfournatly the rooms and views are the only part I can reccomend. The pool area is very small for resort this size. It also needs update and repair. The pool bar is somthing I would put on my lanai, very small . They also play pop music all day and night very loud. I am not old by any means but it was irratating. I could also hear it in my room and we were on the 8th floor. The beach area is beautiful. The beach staff was hard working and friendly. Danny was very helpful. Although they do allow people to came at 830am and put towels on chairs then dissappear, one of my pet peaves. The beach sever did not appear until after 2pm. We had to grab him after he came to a family behind us. No server came by and offered us food or drink. I expect that in a place calling itself a resort. We did not use the main restaurant. It had poor reviews on Yelp, and there were no menus in the room, I still don't even know what kind of food they serve,I only saw a few people eating there mainly breakfast. Did not use the spa either, again no menus in the room. Overall if the room and view are what you want this will be fine. If you expect an actual resort, this is not what I consider a resort. They are triying but need to fine tune amenites.

Room Tip: Ocean front, high floor
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your Trip Advisor review. As you mention, we continue to make improvements to the property, which includes the ongoing re-carpeting project. Although our pool is cozy and cannot be made larger, we are undergoing a major renovation in June to revitalize the pool area which includes a new Pool WaterFall and Pool Bar improvements. I will be sure to share your comments directly with our food & beverage team regarding the beach service. Lastly, we are currently working on new menus which will definitely be displayed throughout the property, including the guest rooms.

Your comments are very important as we continue our ongoing improvement plans.

We thank you for your feedback and hope you would give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.
Commerce Township, Michigan
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We just wanted to take the time to thank the staff of the Marenas Resort...there was a room mix up upon arrival but it was quickly rectified by the front desk staff. Scott from the Concierges desk was exceptionally polite and hospitable as well as the Beach Side attendants Joe and Danny. We were treated like royalty while sitting in our cabana on the beach. IMPECCABLE!!!! We didn't want to leave! Can't wait til' our next visit. Thank you all. Antwan and Ericka - Commerce Twp, MI

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dan M, General Manager at Marenas Beach Resort, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank you for your review of Marenas Beach Resort in beautiful Sunny Isles Beach. We are glad to hear you escaped the Winter Cold and were able to enjoy the Sun and Fun of Miami. I will be sure to share your review with Scott, Joe, Danny and the entire Marenas staff.

We look forward to your next visit. A trip to Marenas is always a good way to Escape the Winter.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunny Isles Beach
Golden Strand Ocean Villa Resort
Golden Strand Ocean Villa Resort
#5 of 9 in Sunny Isles Beach
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach Resort
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach R...
#8 of 9 in Sunny Isles Beach
Trump International Beach Resort
#3 of 9 in Sunny Isles Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,131 reviews
Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach
Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Be...
#1 of 9 in Sunny Isles Beach

Been to Marenas Beach Resort? Share your experiences!