“ups & more downs”

Trump International Beach Resort
“ups & more downs”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Today is my last day staying at the trump international and it seems as though just breathing here costs a fortune. But first, I want to tell you that the front desk male employee checked me in and he actually charged me twice for my stay even before I stepped into a room. Secondly, he was so rude I don't even understand how he's working as customer service. I booked in a junior suite and requested on a higher floor. With the price I paid for my stay, the least they could do was that. He told me there weren't any available and sent my on my way. I walked into the room and was just not up to par and the toilet was broken. I called the front and I think Caroline? She was excellent. She moved me up to the 30th floor despite the fact that I had to pay more.

Employees

So I'm a female on vacation by myself. I understand there are consequences for that, but it does not mean an employee could hit on me during my stay. My first night, one of the employees was SO unprofessional it was very uncomfortable. I didn't even want to walk around the hotel thereafter because of him.

Now for the ups. The pool bar manager and Marvin are the sweetest gentlemen on earth. They will treat you with respect and sincerely care for their guests. Absolutely wonderful.

All in all, I don't think I would come back again. It seems like they want to suck your wallet dry. Especially when they doubled my stay fee. I couldn't even do a late check out without paying half a day stay for just 2pm, which is a first.
Employees make you feel uncomfortable or just be straight rude (except the pool bar).

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank ns0708
TrumpMiamiResort, General Manager at Trump International Beach Resort, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear ns0708,

We have researched your reservation from all perspectives and have spoke with the team members you mentioned in your review. In doing so, we have found no issues were brought to our attention during your stay.

This is not how we manage our resort and we absolutely do not tolerate situations of this nature. Had we been notified of these issues, we would have responded immediately. We do our best to make sure all issues are resolved the moment they are brought to our attention.

We would like to discuss your experience in further detail. Please send your contact information to socialmedia@trumpmiami.com so that we may reach out to you directly.

Linda Geyer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 August 2014

“This was our family first visit to Miami, and first stay at a Trump property. I searched pretty much every hotel on the Miami beach strip from north to south on line. Trumps Miami beach resort caught my eye. From the amazing pool layout to the kids club and the beautiful ocean view, my gut told me this was the one. The Property is of excellence and the staff far exceeded my expectations. No doubt when we revisit Miami, we will accommodate at Trumps International beach resort.
Hands down TRUMP, and hats off to your staff.”

Room Tip: By what I observed, the way Trumps International Beach Resort was designed and constructed, every ro...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Rok R
TrumpMiamiResort, General Manager at Trump International Beach Resort, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Rok R,

We are so thrilled that you chose to stay with us for your first family visit to Miami! We appreciate your kind sentiments and are pleased to know you and your family enjoyed your time with us.

We look forward to hosting you on your second trip!

Kent uk
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

We upgraded our room. 1106 room was lovely. However don't think the coffee and water in your room is complimentary lol no the price list is very real.I took this to reception as I felt its not only a cheek to charge $30 for valet parking where you have no choice ...but now they want to charge you $1.50 for a coffee. I have stayed in many hotels for vacations and business and this is the first time iv come across a hotel that does not give you coffee tea water. So the receptionist told me to go to floor 2 in the morning for a coffee. That's free but not the coffee in my room. However come morning I was angry to not get my coffee asap so we packed our bags and checked out. I noticed on the guest info book that they also charge you $20 for resort fees???? Hello that's crazy. But as we had been billed for it the book said "in room coffee" am I going crazy? So I took it up with a lovely gent at reception and he told me that the first coffee is complimentary. But I'm not alone so ones not enough. He said its crazy and that he would take it up with his director. He took it up with the director who told him that coffee in room is totally free...but they guy explained that the $1.50 charge comes up. On top of the hotel charge and valet and resort fees you will also be billed $2 for charity...lol yes they don't ask you they just bill you. Your forced to pay these things. We could use the saunas as they come under the "resort fee" but they where closed? At 5pm. Warning to you if you want to stay...lovely hotel but cons you for money.

• Stayed August 2014
3 Thank Ladyjcro
TrumpMiamiResort, General Manager at Trump International Beach Resort, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Ladyjcro,

First, thank you for bringing this information to our attention. We are extremely disappointed that you left feeling mislead and your comments are very concerning to us. We would like to discuss the items you mentioned further. Please email your contact information to socialmedia@trumpmiami.com so that we may speak with you directly.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I just finished a staycation here for my boyfriend's birthday-so glad we did! From the moment we arrived, we were constantly wowed by the staff. Amanda at the front desk was great-she took excellent care of us and even offered us complimentary amenities for our special occasion. The room was amazing! Ocean view junior suite with great views of the water! The beach is so beautiful and blue! I was a bit worried that we would have a significantly obstructed view since they distinguish between ocean view and oceanfront-but we were super excited about our view of the water! The property is beautiful and well maintained. The staff was always offering us this or that with a smile on their face-I never felt like I was inconveniencing anyone with my requests. Recently, my family stayed at Fountainbleau in Miami Beach, which doesn't even compare! At Trump-the staff was friendlier, the beach was nicer, and we just all around enjoyed it much more here at Trump. My boyfriend and I are late 20's-pretty low key, like to enjoy ourselves and not huge partiers-we loved the atmosphere here. The pool is huge and beautiful. Lots of kids horsing around but nothing that couldn't be avoided. Plenty of space and we even had multiple dips in the hot tub to ourselves (just to give you an idea of the amount of space here). Great experience and we will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Ocean view ("partial view") have a great view! Try for a high floor-beautiful!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
TrumpMiamiResort, General Manager at Trump International Beach Resort, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Laurin P,

First and foremost, a very happy birthday to your boyfriend! We are so glad you had a wonderful time celebrating here at Trump International Beach Resort. Thank you for sharing your experience with us; to read that our staff created a memorable staycation for you is wonderful!

We greatly appreciate your feedback and look forward to hosting you and your boyfriend for your next staycation!

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We had a pleasant 4-night stay at the Trump International Beach Resort last weekend. It is a great location, **excellent views**, and great pool/beach amenities. The kids pool is a separate area and my nephews LOVED it. The beach is well maintained and good for playing in the surf/swimming.

The service had a few gaps here and there however when the staff was alerted to the situation they did their utmost to correct it. The thing I appreciated the most in terms of service was on Saturday night the room next to us seemed to be hosting a party, meanwhile we were trying to get to sleep due to an early morning flight. I called the operator, they sent security up, and the room quieted down quickly and with no further problems.

In-room wi-fi is not great - we purchased the upgraded wireless access and that worked. I would also like to see an effort to boost wireless access on the beach. We were working in our lounge chairs under the umbrellas (what a great way to spend a few days working!) and the reception was very spotty.

The hotel does need some updating - our junior suite felt a little "tired" and the mattress was pretty bad (a board placed under the mattress on the second night did help).

All in all, I would stay here again for the convenience, service, and views!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Sarah S,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time and sharing your review with us. It was a pleasure to host you! We are so thrilled to read that you enjoyed the excellent views and great pool and beach amenities. We certainly understand how frustrating it can be to deal with spotty WiFi and we will bring this to the attention of our IT Department. We want to make sure all of our guests' needs are met, whether they are enjoying their room or working on a lounge chair! (And it is a great place to spend a few days working!)

Again, thank you for your feedback! We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I booked a massage at the Aquanox Spa. I must say that the service at the reception was impeccable, friendly and very helpful. George, my therapist, whom I recommend to anybody in need of a really good massage, began by asking about any aches or pains that I was feeling. He then began to work in my weak spots, giving me advice on how to improve my posture. He concentrated on my neck and shoulders and after 90 minutes when I got up I felt a HUGE difference. My back didn't feel stiff any longer and all my aches and pains were gone!! until today... If you need a life changing experience go with George, he is the best.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
TrumpMiamiResort, General Manager at Trump International Beach Resort, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear MarleneZapata,

We are so thrilled to read about your wonderful experience with George at Aquanox Spa! We will be sure to share this review with him as well as all of our team members. Thank you for taking the time to share it with us!

We look forward to your next visit!

Oslo
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We had a great stay in our huge one bedroom suite. The living area/kitchen area was very big, huge bedroom and large bathroom. We stayed on the 26th floor and had a breathtaking view!
The pool area is very nice, several pools and the kids loved it! The beach is wonderful with crystal clear water. The pool chairs are much more comfortable than the beach chairs, so we ended up by the pool and went for swims in the ocean. The restaurant was a bit diseappointing. The food was good, but there was not much to chose from and I did expect more from a hotel like this. We had lunch at both the beach bar and the pool bar and they both served ok food. The beach bar had an excellent guacamole!
The staff is excellent and the housekeeping came two times a day, sometimes three.
There is a shuttle bus to Aventura mall and South beach (as well as to Bal Harbour). Sunny Isles beach is further from South beach than I expected, it took 35 minutes by bus. The bus stopped at the corner of Washington and 17th street which was in an area that was too commercial for our taste. We had difficulty finding a decent restaurant in that area, but that is no fault of the hotel.
We loved our stay here, and felt pampered and loved the luxurious feel of the place. It is very expensive and maybe not worth the price, but we really enjoyed our stay!
The only complaint is that I wish the wifi included in the resort fee would cover more than two devices. Every family member has at least one device that needs wifi.......

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mrs_april
TrumpMiamiResort, General Manager at Trump International Beach Resort, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Mrs_april,

We are so thrilled to read that you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us! We appreciate your feedback regarding the food and the WiFi and will certainly take your comments back to our team members to discuss them further.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to hosting you and your family on your next visit to Sunny Isles Beach.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunny Isles Beach
Golden Strand Ocean Villa Resort
#5 of 9 in Sunny Isles Beach
The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort
The Ritz-Carlton Bal Harbour, Miami

Been to Trump International Beach Resort? Share your experiences!