“Seven Seas salon and spa”

Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort
Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
“Seven Seas salon and spa”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

My first time yesterday at the seven seas spa. The ambiance was nice,but the piped in music should be more "new age" and much lower in the lounge area. It was annoying..They could do a better job supplying plushier towels and robes which were of very poor quality. My massage was with lovely Yany Diaz, who was excellent! I'd go back just for her. For me, a 50 minute massage wasn't long enough, but she did the job, and released all my tension. My second treat was a facial by Sherri Sylvia. She also was excellent. If I could I'd have these two "treats" done every single week! All in all, for the price of $135(tip incl.) it was a couple of hours well spent. On another note, I'd like to mention the All U Can Eat Lobster specials they have every Wed. night, for $38, it's my favorite place to eat lobster at the Kitchen 305 and the staff and bartenders are always very accommodating and professional and courteous. I live in Sunny Isles so to have these fabulous amenities available to me is well worth the walk over!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the ocean are the best. I didn't stay at the Newport because I live here,but I used...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I made a reservation about three weeks ago for my birthday weekend which was this past weekend. I get there Sunday, 11/10/13 to check in. As I am checking in the front desk girl is very nice and out of no where her expression changes and she calls one of the other front desk girls to come over. The girl helping me out then walks away and I have this other girl helping me out. I already knew from there something was wrong. She begins by telling me, "I am sorry but due to renovations your room isn't available, but for a discounted price we can get a room for you at the Sheraton in Dania Beach." I got so upset! I had driven for about an 1 hour and 30 min to get there to spend my birthday weekend with my boyfriend for me to be told my room wasn't available and I had made the reservation three weeks prior. I didn't even get a phone call from anyone in the staff to let me know about this. On top of it all the hotel they wanted to send me to was another 20 minute drive and it wasn't even on the beach! The reason I rented there was for that purpose. I tell the front desk girl to cancel the whole reservation because I wasn't going to pay to stay at a hotel I didn't rent at. She doesn't offer me anything just says sorry and that's about it. When I asked her why I didn't get a call she didn't even know how to respond to that and tells me that 30 other guest will be getting the same news when they arrive. So unprofessional. Since she didn't offer me anything me and my boyfriend then ask to speak to a manager. He offered us free lunch, one alcoholic drink, two virgin drinks, a tiki hut and free parking for the inconvenience. I appreciate that he had offered us all that but I would have preferred my room as planned or a free night stay for another day. Having to drive back home for another 1 hour and 30 min was very tiring. There was a wedding reception going on the day we checked in I don't know if it had anything to do with that. This is me assuming, because it did not seem like any type of renovations was going on. So word of advice if you are making a reservation here make sure you call the day before or the day off to make sure your room will be available and the persons name that tells you.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank MGTAYLOR
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We just spent 4 nights at this hotel and I was uncomfortable the entire time.
I had booked a partial ocean view...we could see the ocean if we hung and stretched out over the balcony we basically got a view of the car lot.
The first night we were there we pulled out the couch for the kids and there were brown smudges all over the blanket and sheet. My husband went down stairs to complain the girl at the front desk said she would send someone up to change the sheets..an hour later when no one had come up my husband went yet again to the front desk and complained once again. 45 minutes later someone showed up. In this time we had a good look at the room there was pee on the toilet seat soap scum on ledge of bathtub and no bath towels. Not a very good first impression.
The beds were made daily but room was never wiped down and towels were never replaced had to go down every night to request towels.
The staff were perfectly friendly but useless when it came to customer service.
Too many guests and NOT enough staff.
Halls, lobby elevators exterior all need an updating and a proper cleaning.
The saving grace of this hotel is the pool and beach. But beware they will nickel and dime you for everything. If you want to get a cabana at the beach it is going to cost you.
We did tell the front desk
If I had known then what I know now I would have paid the extra 50 bucks a night and stayed somewhere nicer!

1 Thank 979jenniferl
New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 November 2013

You will not be disappointed staying at the Newport Beachside Hotel. My family and I have been staying here for years and have always had a wonderful experience. The hotel is always making improvements and provides its guest with attention and respect.
The front desk is pleasant, respectful and attentive to your needs. The front desk manager, Michelle T. is always available if you should need.The Lobby is beautiful and well maintained. The coffee shop, gift shop and small boutiques allow you to indulge without leaving the hotel. The poolside is well kept and towel service is provided. Access to the beach is effortless. Cabana's and beach chairs are available throughout the day. The beach area is quiet and well maintained. Overall, a lovely, enjoyable experience on the beach,close to dining and shopping. A perfect vacation spot!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lucy L
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I loved everything about my stay. From day one I had good service and the best view from my room. The lobster dinner was one off the best I have tasted with a great price . The Front desk was one of the best that I have dealt they were very pilot and helpful. I will soon come again A+++. Deserve 5 stars .

Lake Hopatcong, New Jersey
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Exchanged for a two bedroom but was told non were available. King size bed was a full size bed. The compensation for accepting a one bedroom for a two bedroom exchange was free parking. That must be their standard compensation for not delivering what was purchased.

Room Tip: Call before you come to this place. Their room management needs improvement.
2 Thank 364Frank
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We stayed here recently and the only positive thing to say about this hotel is its private access to the "Beach!" Their check-in process is slow and checking out is such a big production. I am a local resident and been to other hotels around the beach but this hotel is ancient. It would not let you check out by leaving the key in the room. At Newport you have to stay in line and wait until the front desk process your check-out receipt.

The hotel lobby is not that big and too much activities going on all at once (e.g. people checking in/out, guests hanging out at the lobby, outside guests using other hotel facilities, etc). During the time of our visit there were only one person in charge checking in/out guests. There was one hotel guest who did not even bother to wait so she left the room key at the counter without getting her receipts. We were given a room on the 4th floor (can't remember the number) and the magnetic key did not work. I requested a new one and same thing happened. Elevators are small and slow. The carpeting at the main hallways are dated and need good cleaning.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Deauville Beach Resort
#167 of 207 in Miami Beach
3.0 of 5 bubbles 4,607 reviews
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach Resort
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach R...
#8 of 9 in Sunny Isles Beach
3.0 of 5 bubbles 1,104 reviews

Been to Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort? Share your experiences!