We have returned from a 4 day vacation at the Newport hotel.
The reason I chose this hotel is because I was looking for a beach vacation.
Although, we can afford paying for a high class hotel, we always prefer staying in a medium-class hotel, and spend the money on nice restaurants, SPA treatments etc.
Looking at the reviews I noticed that though there are some negative reviews most of the reviews are positive, and since I planned on staying out on the beach all day, and all I wanted is a clean room, where I can have a shower and sleep, I was saying to myself how bad can it be?
Eventually it was much worse than anything I would expect. I am willing to put up with anything from bad service to a broken toilet, but staying in a dirty room is unacceptable.
Here are the hotel pros:
- Nice lobby (but remember you don't sleep in the lobby ...)
- Smart and bright concierge with good advice (Note to management - give the guy a raise)
- LOCATION - the location of the hotel is perfect, you just walk through the pool area, go down 10 stairs, and in 100 feet you are in the beautiful waters of Miami beach.
- Many nearby restaurants and shops
- Our room was filthy and neglected: the carpets are just filthy (that goes for the carpets in the corridors as well), the furniture is old, outdated, broken and sticky, wherever you touch you get sticky fingers.
Before we left we were searching behind the beds to see if we dropped anything it was a disgusting sight.
The ceiling had black mold stains and the walls were just awful.
I attached some pictures so you can see for yourself.
I stayed before at medium-class hotels, but wasn't prepared for this experience.
All in all it was a great vacation as we stayed all day on the beach.
I can't say anything on the food as I didn't dare eat there after I saw the rooms.
I won't be coming back to the Newport hotel.
This is a message to the management of the hotel: Your hotel has lots of potential, and is in urgent need of renovation not to mention a thorough cleanup!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located between Miami and Fort Lauderdale, Newport Beachside Hotel & Resort offers world-class services combined with outstanding value in a beautiful oceanfront setting. Our guest rooms feature ocean or cityscape views, some with balconies overlooking the ocean. The resort amenities include a private beach, an oceanfront pool surrounded by a 20,000 square foot pool deck, 5 on-site dining venues, spa, a historic pier, children's playground as well as a wide selection of beach sports and kids activities. Share your adventures through social media with free WiFi throughout the resort and the most picturesque backdrop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newport Beachside Hotel Sunny Isles Beach
- Newport Beachside Resort
- Newport Miami Beach
- Newport Hotel Miami Beach
- Newport Beachside Hotel Resort
- Newport Beachside Hotel And Resort Sunny Isles Beach, Florida