Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sole on the Ocean(Sunny Isles Beach)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Trump International Beach Resort(Sunny Isles Beach)
3,713 results
All reviewsmichelle theodulemurphy bedall you can eatsouth beachsunny islesocean viewprivate beachpool sidegreat beachhutstikipoolsidebalconiescvsftlauderdale
FilterAll languages
999 - 1,004 of 3,713 reviews
Reviewed 29 July 2014

If I could, I would move here. The best vacation yet. The room was amazing. 2 rooms and a pull out couch. Ocean view balcony. Amazing! The staff was very nice and attentive. They were always there for whatever we needed. Pool was just the right temperature and the resort is right on the beach to where you can walk down, put your stuff at a private cabana, and enjoy the beautiful/clear ocean water. There's not a negative thing I could say about the Resort. First time there was as a couple which was great and this time with the kids. We can't wait to get back and do it again.

Room Tip: Oceanview for sure to watch the sunrise each morning. So beautiful!
1  Thank chilly0325
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We returned to the Newport for a full 5 night vacation this month. The idea was to be right on the beach and just relax, but we ended up busy all week! The location to so much in South Florida makes it hard to stay put all the time. We went from room to Key Largo in just under and hour and a half and snorkeled. Then we hit the Everglades on the way home. And the American Girl Doll store after that. Just 30 minutes door to door for a Marlins game. We also explored Little Havana one afternoon- trying the Cuban coffee. Not a huge coffee drinker, so very surprised when it was so good and easy to drink. Key Biscayne was a great drive detouring through South Beach for a look at the sights. We ate in the design district at Harry's Pizzeria one night- super close and really neat to be in that area. Location is great!

The views from the room were great. We had a room that faced the ocean (this is a must). It was the most reasonably priced on the beach. This hotel looks over a pier and the sunrises and all day views were amazing- even with rain. We saw a manatee headed south one late afternoon, then a day later saw one headed north from the pier. There is no cost to go on the pier when you stay at the hotel. We wanted on it once a day just to see the stingray, fish and manatee and a sea turtle one day. There is now a restaurant on the pier- walking there with the kids was very convenient. The food was good as well.

We enjoyed a cabana on the beach a couple of mornings, the girls enjoyed poolside activities, and we were able to rent a jetski right down from the hotel. Kids loved that.

Staff was also polite and so helpful when we needed anything. We enjoyed eating at the pool bar as well several lunches. Grilled fish sandwich was a good size and tasted GREAT!

We valeted the car and there were always a ton of people working down there and we never waited long- especially considering how busy they were. Felt very taken care of there.

We'll go back- and I'm sure there won't be much resting since there's so much within a short drive we still have left to do- horse races one winter! Gambling when the kids are older!

Room Tip: Ocean front! There is also side view and it overlooks the pool. There are some rooms with street view, but it will be worth the money to have this view all day, all night!
1  Thank Lisa S
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I don't have any complaints about my hotel room or the service I received. The hotel is nice enough and it is in a very nice area. The location is excellent for shopping and incidental needs and food. Our room was very clean and our sheets and towels were clean. The pool and beachfront are great and convenient.

However they nickel and dime you to death. It's $20 a day for parking, $35 a day for the cavana, $15 to rent an umbrella. There is a $2 charge per person for walking out on the pier. I went to the little store in the lobby to buy 2 cans of soda and they hit me with an automatic $0.75 tip. That is after I went and grabbed the soda from the refrigerator mysefl and put them on the counter to be rung up.

I really think that by the time you add up all the nickel and diming, you would be better off going to a more expensive hotel that does not nick your wallet at every possible turn.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, book a beach front room with a balcony. Though you need to reserve in advance. I asked for an upgrade at the time I checked in and was told there were no beachfront rooms available.
2  Thank castro2020
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed at the Newport Beachside Resort Hotel for five nights beginning July 17, 2014. The rooms were clean, although my room's rug was tattered. Some rooms are more renovated than others. The staff were very friendly and helpful. For example, I needed a wheel chair for my sister and the hotel allowed me to use theirs for the entire stay. At one point, they had a shortage of towels which was a little annoying. But the hotel maid was helpful in giving me a few later in the day. Also be aware that the elevators are small and are crowded most of the time. Be prepared for a long wait or opt to take the stairs. The gift store sells tee shirts and other items. But Wings is a short walk from the hotel and has a better variety along with cheaper prices. The beach and the pool are the highlights of this hotel. They were crystal clean and so very warm. All in all, I would stay at this hotel again and use what I now know to enhance my stay.

Room Tip: Choose a room that is not overlooking the parking area. Make sure that the door to the balcony closes securely so that you do not hear the night life of those enjoying the pool.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

My stay was not at all pleasant. They charge you ridiculous fees the staff was rude. It is always crowded & children every where. The lobby is nice with exception of annoying birds. Oh let's not forget the long waiting in line for front desk.

• Stayed: March 2014