“Avoid This Hotel.”

Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort
“Avoid This Hotel.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

First time I have ever written a bad review. That's how bad it was.

Ok- some positives. Porters- really good. and friendly. Breakfast staff- excellent.

Ok- bad stuff. Really late check in. Was 5pm. Then was late preparing rooms?? 6 pm check in? Really???

The place is dirty.

the lady on reception I dealt with basically just sneered at you, was rude. Asked for the manager- she came- didn't care, she too just smiled and sounded patronising .

Breakfast included in our rate- juice 2 dollars extra- funny eh....... it's not the money it's the principle.

There was normally a queue in reception, half of them complaining.

Summary........ why stay here...... other hotels are better and care.

Worst hotel I have stayed at.

Miami was a cool place though and because of our bad hotel we will go back to Miami but stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Some rooms have been renovated and are ok. So are worn out. Top tip.... Don't stay here.
1 Thank Joe W W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (472)
South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Great for a weekend vacation, but would not consider staying for longer than that. Let's get more details..

The Good:
I love the staff...extremely professional, down-to-earth, flirtatious (the men of course), and patient. They gave me the same respect and smiles I gave them and this was appreciated greatly for a first time visit to Miami. The check in process was pretty sweet. They misspelled my name wrong on my reservation and without a problem was able to fix it and accommodate me within minutes. My room was not prepared once we got there so we went and got something to eat in the area and came back to a busy lobby...expecting to wait a while, we only waited about 5 minutes to receive our keys.

The valet staff is incredible and was really friendly to us the whole weekend. We are very funny ladies, so they enjoyed our bubbly personalities (even at 5AM in the morning).

The Bad:
I came for a timeshare presentation and had a great time with the timeshare staff but I was really disappointed to learn I would be staying in the same room they are making a big deal over (the 4x4 box) rather than a member room. This was not what I expected, but for a weekend I just coughed it up and said "whatever". The building, as many stated, was extremely old and our bathtub was a little dirty upon inspection. The tub train did not work well and the shower is pretty confusing.

They didn't advertise much for the hotel as other timeshare presentations are known to do. We did not know about the amenities available to us as guests, they ran out of towels for the beach as we were instructed not to take any out of the room... we went to the beach w/o towels. Not a big deal, but they should accommodate all the guest not just their members.

The elevator ... that's just another story! We waited about 15-30 minutes for an elevator upon checkout and had to take the steps with loads of luggage. The stairwell reeked of urine and I almost passed out at the stench. They really need a better way of getting around especially if you are on higher floors.

Overall I enjoyed my stay here and would not mind going back but definitely as a paying guest and not a timeshare participant due to the lack of proper promotional sales. Our timeshare agent was hilarious and really made us laugh...

Room Tip: The hotel elevator can be a hassle if you are on higher floors, would suggest staying at a lower lev...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

First if all the location is EXCELLENT!

2 Hour Unfriendly Check in !!
90 min timeshare presentation actually took 3 HOURS with pushy sales people horrible experience

Hotel accommodations are not 3 star in the least. Dirty.
NOT ALL ROOMS ARE REMODELED!
We were given a 1 bedroom suite which was incorrect they gave me an 2 double bed room which was a TIME WARP into the 80's complete with Tube tv and BLOOD STAIN on the sheets and view of the ROOF. I quickly swapped back to my original incorrect room.

The bathroom had water on the floor (puddles)

• Stayed August 2014
3 Thank ASOULE
Charles Town, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

The Newport Beach Resort was beautiful and the staff were wonderful. I highly recommend this place and will stay there my next trip. It has a awesome spa, excellent restaurant, great breakfast restaurant and coffee shop. Gorgeous gift shops and the area is outstanding. Every person that I came in contact that was employed were so nice and helpful. I love this place.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed one night prior to a Caribbean cruise. Room, hotel and grounds were nice and clean. Staff was pleasant and courteous. The hotel seemed fully-booked and was very busy, but (perhaps with the exception of lines at the elevators) accommodations were very good. We enjoyed both the beach and pools during our brief stay and would stay here again in the future.

Port Orange, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

If I could, I would move here. The best vacation yet. The room was amazing. 2 rooms and a pull out couch. Ocean view balcony. Amazing! The staff was very nice and attentive. They were always there for whatever we needed. Pool was just the right temperature and the resort is right on the beach to where you can walk down, put your stuff at a private cabana, and enjoy the beautiful/clear ocean water. There's not a negative thing I could say about the Resort. First time there was as a couple which was great and this time with the kids. We can't wait to get back and do it again.

Room Tip: Oceanview for sure to watch the sunrise each morning. So beautiful!
1 Thank chilly0325
Port Orange, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

We returned to the Newport for a full 5 night vacation this month. The idea was to be right on the beach and just relax, but we ended up busy all week! The location to so much in South Florida makes it hard to stay put all the time. We went from room to Key Largo in just under and hour and a half and snorkeled. Then we hit the Everglades on the way home. And the American Girl Doll store after that. Just 30 minutes door to door for a Marlins game. We also explored Little Havana one afternoon- trying the Cuban coffee. Not a huge coffee drinker, so very surprised when it was so good and easy to drink. Key Biscayne was a great drive detouring through South Beach for a look at the sights. We ate in the design district at Harry's Pizzeria one night- super close and really neat to be in that area. Location is great!

The views from the room were great. We had a room that faced the ocean (this is a must). It was the most reasonably priced on the beach. This hotel looks over a pier and the sunrises and all day views were amazing- even with rain. We saw a manatee headed south one late afternoon, then a day later saw one headed north from the pier. There is no cost to go on the pier when you stay at the hotel. We wanted on it once a day just to see the stingray, fish and manatee and a sea turtle one day. There is now a restaurant on the pier- walking there with the kids was very convenient. The food was good as well.

We enjoyed a cabana on the beach a couple of mornings, the girls enjoyed poolside activities, and we were able to rent a jetski right down from the hotel. Kids loved that.

Staff was also polite and so helpful when we needed anything. We enjoyed eating at the pool bar as well several lunches. Grilled fish sandwich was a good size and tasted GREAT!

We valeted the car and there were always a ton of people working down there and we never waited long- especially considering how busy they were. Felt very taken care of there.

We'll go back- and I'm sure there won't be much resting since there's so much within a short drive we still have left to do- horse races one winter! Gambling when the kids are older!

Room Tip: Ocean front! There is also side view and it overlooks the pool. There are some rooms with street v...
1 Thank Lisa S
Deauville Beach Resort
#167 of 207 in Miami Beach
3.0 of 5 bubbles 4,550 reviews
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach Resort
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach R...
#8 of 9 in Sunny Isles Beach
3.0 of 5 bubbles 1,095 reviews

Been to Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort? Share your experiences!