Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sole on the Ocean(Sunny Isles Beach)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Trump International Beach Resort(Sunny Isles Beach)
3,714 results
All reviewsmichelle theodulemurphy bedall you can eatsouth beachsunny islesocean viewprivate beachpool sidegreat beachhutstikipoolsidebalconiescvsftlauderdale
FilterAll languages
A TripAdvisor Member
Fleet, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We were a little disappointed by this hotel. Although the lobby area is nice and shiny, the room we stayed in was dated and shabby. It overlooked Collins Avenue which is a busy main road running the length of the coastline. However, windows were not soundproofed so we were woken by the sound of traffic every day. Beware of the car parking costs. Although Virgin offer a discount from $20 to $5 per day, the receptionist pleaded ignorance when we mentioned this and would have charged us the higher amount had we not produced the page from the brochure that mentions the discount. Miami is a fantastic city and I would definitely return, but the Sunny Isles area where this hotel is located is a significant distance from the city centre so be aware that it is at least a 20 minute drive away.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Virgin Holidays
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
WolfgangWehen1, General Manager at Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I really appreciate it, and I am very sorry that we weren't able to exceed your expectations during your stay. I will certainly take your comments into consideration. I just recently started here at the Newport Beachside Hotel & Resort and I am thankful for all the feedback we receive.
I hope we will be able to welcome you again on property in the future. Please get in contact with me, if you like to discuss your stay more in detail.

Thanks again
Best regards
Wolfgang Wehen

Reviewed 18 August 2014

This is a nice level of comfort hotel which is in a perfect location for a short holiday. The private beach is nice but the extra charges for parasols and cabanas is frustrating if you like a beach holiday. The poolside is manic most days and you have to go down before 8am to bag yourself any chairs or beds with any shade. If you are a sun lover you'll get it all day if its out so its a good idea to bag some shade if you need it for the kids. The spa pool was out of action, the pool toilets were always dirty and be prepared for a busy pool. The rooms are clean, spacious and comfy given a choice I would opt for a pool or beach view though as the side rooms are noisy early in the mornings. The wi fi is free but unresponsive / slow most days. If you are prone to mosquito bites stay away from the lobby as they seem to get you as soon as you walk in. The food is pricey throughout the complex be aware of the specified gratuity on top of the tax. The breakfast was ok for one offs but the same overcooked bacon and cold scrammbled eggs every morning, do not expect good service in the Ocean Grill though.

Room Tip: Request beach or poolside view
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 46Joanne

Dear 46Joanne,

Thank you for choosing us for your vacation and for your review. I will review all your details with the team since the re is lot of information we can take advantage off to better our resort. I recently became the General manager of the Newport Beachside Hotel & Resort and I am looking at all feedback we receive from our guests, in order to make this hotel an even better place to stay.

Please let me know, when you plan your next visit to Sunny Isles Beach, we would love to welcome you back.

Best regards
Wolfgang Wehen

Reviewed 14 August 2014

First time I have ever written a bad review. That's how bad it was.

Ok- some positives. Porters- really good. and friendly. Breakfast staff- excellent.

Ok- bad stuff. Really late check in. Was 5pm. Then was late preparing rooms?? 6 pm check in? Really???

The place is dirty.

the lady on reception I dealt with basically just sneered at you, was rude. Asked for the manager- she came- didn't care, she too just smiled and sounded patronising .

Breakfast included in our rate- juice 2 dollars extra- funny eh....... it's not the money it's the principle.

There was normally a queue in reception, half of them complaining.

Summary........ why stay here...... other hotels are better and care.

Worst hotel I have stayed at.

Miami was a cool place though and because of our bad hotel we will go back to Miami but stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Some rooms have been renovated and are ok. So are worn out. Top tip.... Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Joe W W
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Great for a weekend vacation, but would not consider staying for longer than that. Let's get more details..

The Good:
I love the staff...extremely professional, down-to-earth, flirtatious (the men of course), and patient. They gave me the same respect and smiles I gave them and this was appreciated greatly for a first time visit to Miami. The check in process was pretty sweet. They misspelled my name wrong on my reservation and without a problem was able to fix it and accommodate me within minutes. My room was not prepared once we got there so we went and got something to eat in the area and came back to a busy lobby...expecting to wait a while, we only waited about 5 minutes to receive our keys.

The valet staff is incredible and was really friendly to us the whole weekend. We are very funny ladies, so they enjoyed our bubbly personalities (even at 5AM in the morning).

The Bad:
I came for a timeshare presentation and had a great time with the timeshare staff but I was really disappointed to learn I would be staying in the same room they are making a big deal over (the 4x4 box) rather than a member room. This was not what I expected, but for a weekend I just coughed it up and said "whatever". The building, as many stated, was extremely old and our bathtub was a little dirty upon inspection. The tub train did not work well and the shower is pretty confusing.

They didn't advertise much for the hotel as other timeshare presentations are known to do. We did not know about the amenities available to us as guests, they ran out of towels for the beach as we were instructed not to take any out of the room... we went to the beach w/o towels. Not a big deal, but they should accommodate all the guest not just their members.

The elevator ... that's just another story! We waited about 15-30 minutes for an elevator upon checkout and had to take the steps with loads of luggage. The stairwell reeked of urine and I almost passed out at the stench. They really need a better way of getting around especially if you are on higher floors.

Overall I enjoyed my stay here and would not mind going back but definitely as a paying guest and not a timeshare participant due to the lack of proper promotional sales. Our timeshare agent was hilarious and really made us laugh...

Room Tip: The hotel elevator can be a hassle if you are on higher floors, would suggest staying at a lower level. Ask for an ocean view or a city view...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

First if all the location is EXCELLENT!

2 Hour Unfriendly Check in !!
90 min timeshare presentation actually took 3 HOURS with pushy sales people horrible experience

Hotel accommodations are not 3 star in the least. Dirty.
NOT ALL ROOMS ARE REMODELED!
We were given a 1 bedroom suite which was incorrect they gave me an 2 double bed room which was a TIME WARP into the 80's complete with Tube tv and BLOOD STAIN on the sheets and view of the ROOF. I quickly swapped back to my original incorrect room.

The bathroom had water on the floor (puddles)

• Stayed: August 2014