“Good and Bad”

Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Sunny Isles Beach
Reviewed 23 April 2014

When our Airport Shuttle arrived. The Valet started yelling that our van could not be there (In the circular drive in front of the hotel). After much discussion with our driver (he kept explaining he was dropping off Guests of the Hotel) the Valet let us get out of the van. We were greeted by "James" as soon as we arrived at the front desk. James was the best. We were traveling with friends and he was so helpful in getting us on the same floor as our friends, etc. We were checked in quickly thanks to James. Our room was on the 11th floor - right next to the elevator...if you stay here be sure to ask to NOT stay in a room right next to the elevator. We could hear it going up and down day and night. At first I was impressed with the room. It was nice, plenty of room and clean. Then I went in the bathroom. The door was white and dirty fingerprints had never been removed. The walls were splattered with something. I even took a wet wipe and attempted to wipe it off...I think it had been there a while. Overall it was ok for the one night we stayed there but I am not sure I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room NOT next to where the elevator shaft is.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I was unexpectedly detained in Miami on a business matter and chose to spend two nights at the Ramada Marco Polo. I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms appeared to be newly renovated. Appliances, including stove, fridge and television were new. Staff was incredibly patient and accommodating especially in view of a large njoisy group of families who happened to be staying at the hotel on a package holiday retreat. Staff is extremely dedicated to customer services, and that extends from front desk, to restaurant staff, to those who park and retrieve your vehicle. No complaints, in fact I would stay there again if I return to the area.

Room Tip: Ask for view which favors the ocean.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Irwin H
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I spent 8 days at this hotel and it's nice right by the beach. In addition they have great cleaning woman mine was Fedeline and she cleaned really well. It enhanced my vacation to have such a pleasant lady working on my room.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Not the worst that we've ever stayed at but not the best either. Room had mold in the shower. Paint was peeling. Outdoor bar closed for meals almost an hour before posted closing hours.
$13 per day resort fee was a bit much since we didn't get anything extra that I know of for it?
You do also have to pay an $18 per day valet fee although their valet service was top notch. Front desk was also excellent. The actual rooms and cleanliness was downfall in our opinion.

Room Tip: Choose ocean front room
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sunless1
Reviewed 11 April 2014

My parents recently stayed at this hotel and while they found it to be a good value for the price they had a horrible check in experience. Because they were traveling with my niece who was a toddler they called and asked the hotel in advance if they were able to check in early- they said no availability, upon arrival they asked again in hopes of getting any available room- again the answer was no there was absolutely no availability. Finally, my dad decided to give the guy at the front desk $10 and a room magically opened up and was available right away- maybe this is okay in the Dominican or mexico this is not what you expect at a hotel in the U.S.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I recently stayed at the Marco Polo for a conference. It was memorable, but not of any positive reasons. The hotel building itself is beyond tired; it's borders on being dump, from its lobby to it's rooms, to it's dining room, pool and fitness center. The staff - with the exception of the professional and courteous gentleman who run the valet parking - were either rude, incompetent or just plain disinterested. When I walked up to the concierge to ask a question he put a banana into his mouth and then to answer me. As you can imagine, it wasn't a pretty sight. The hotel does have one thing going for it, It's located on prime beach real estate in Sunny Isles. My room fronted the ocean. The only problem was I could barely see the Atlantic because of the dirt and grime on the windows. If the adventurer, Marco Polo, went on an expedition to discover this hotel he'd be very disappointed once he arrived at his destination, and I'd venture to guess that he'd check into another one. I would add that I only gave the above overall rating because when I left it blank I was unable to save my review.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Ravherber
MarcoPoloBeachRes, Operations Manager at Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Dear Ravherber:

We are disappointed to learn about your review.
Our lobby, fitness center, pool & pool deck as well as pool furniture have been recently renovated.
I would like to learn more about your stay.
Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel by phone.

Best regards,

Pablo Martinez
Operations Manager

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Good hotel with completely equipped kitchen, up to the dishwasher. All numbers with spacious balconies. Very attentive, friendly and sympathetic personnel. All requests were complied with, thank you! We booked room in advance. In 7 days of our stay there the cost of residence decreased for 300 dollars, the manager of hotel contacted us and counted the sum for payment. Unfortunately I didn't remember his name. The employee Hector reception - thanks! ;)
The blocked money returned on the cash card in 4 days.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yana S
MarcoPoloBeachRes, Manager at Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear Yana S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us and the rest of the TripAdvisor Community!

We truly appreciate it!

Marenas Beach Resort
Marenas Beach Resort
#2 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach Resort
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach R...
#8 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Golden Strand Ocean Villa Resort
#5 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach
Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort
Newport Beachside Hotel and Reso...
#6 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach

Been to Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort? Share your experiences!