“Marco Polo likely stayed at better places in his day”

Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Sunny Isles Beach
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Unfortunately, I chose the "lowest price" option from my options for a business trip. It was (thankfully!) a short, overnight trip. I reference "lowest price" as it appeared to be cheaper in comparison to the other hotels / resorts in the area, but when I arrived and was surprised with an $18 / day valet rate the cost differential was nil.

The room had a full kitchen, but the windows were very thin, which made the sound of the boats' horns signaling to the drawbridge operator to open the bridge resonate through the room. Seemingly every 10 minutes. For at least 4 hours.

The a/c worked well in the room. But, the a/c in the hallway was not able to keep up. Due to this, there was a nice, slimey film on the tile floor by the elevators.

The bathroom was adequate. If you are into cleanliness, it wouldn't be your place of choice as there was some lovely black mold growing in the top corner of the bathtub / shower.

I didn't walk into the restaurant (it appeared closed), but I did get a drink in the bar. The staff was nice, but the bar smelled of sweat and dirty mop water. A drunk at the end of the bar was singing "Jeremy" by Pearl Jam lending a decent ambience. I settled in for a short time sipping my vodka and water, but the cost of the drink (read: it was over $10!) stank worse than the facility.

I sought to find a restaurant in close proximity, but nothing was within a mile or so. So, if you like to walk to find food this is not your place.

Okay, yes, it's on the beach. If you need a place to stay on the beach and don't need rest for a busy work day, then it's perfect.

If you plan to cook your own meals and have a car and don't mind paying for valet, it's excellent. However, getting to a place to buy food to cook might be difficult without a car, and that will require multiple tip payments to the valet.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the north side of the hotel
1  Thank johnaK9599QZ
Write a ReviewReviews (2,258)

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Me and my husband stays for 4 nights in Marco polo ramada plaza hotel in Miami we had a great time comparing to others hotel around this location we get a reasonable price and nice service. And appreciate the hospitality of the front desk lady Nathalie.
Selecting Marco polo hotel is the best choice.
I m yordanos from Ethiopia

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yordanos B
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We've heard it a million times-LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION! This hotel is situated in the upscale Sunny Isle portion of North Miami Beach and as a business traveler I have stayed here several times. For about the same price I would pay to stay at a hotel near an airport with no view, I stay here literally right on the beach. After driving all day and working in the hustle and bustle of Miami, I find it quite relaxing to come back to this hotel after a long day. If South Beach is your thing, no worries, it's a short 20 minute drive south. The rooms do vary as they are not all the exact same, some have granite counter tops with a small kitchenette, others have just a fridge depending on what your needs are. With that said, if you're looking for terrific views of the Atlantic, a beautiful swimming pool on the ocean, clean rooms with a friendly and helpful staff look no further.

Room Tip: If you can, Ocean Front is the way to go!
1  Thank Eagarrido
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Hospitality is es sentían in this kind of environment and they have got it here. Nathalie is indeed an icon of positivo representation of this particular hotel. Their services is actuales not short of excellence.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2014

All I can say is that the room beat my expectations. We were booked at another hotel which over booked everyone and sent us to the Ramada which I was a little afraid because I didn't know what to expect, but James at the front desk was so reassuring, helpful, knowledgeable, and funny which made everything so much better and we received a upgrade all I can say is THANKS SO MUCH TO JAMES FOR MAKE A NIGHTMARE A DREAM COME TRUE.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Evangelist Fele... M
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My girlfriend and I decided to come here for the weekend. We were due for a nice mini-getaway without braking the bank! Rooms were okay, We really enjoyed the outside area. Once checked in we went to the pool patio and they had a great dj playing music! Fun Fun Fun, definitely not my ordinary weekends. Staff was professional and kind.

Room Tip: beachfront views are the best!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2014

my stay here was very pleasant .the staff here really made the difference, the warm greetings each time I met the restaurant manager, patty at the pool side bar spoke to me by name on my second visit ,maria an hector very polite an helpful, veronica with the security at the pool very informative and helpful. older hotel but a great staff I will return there in December .

Room Tip: rooms on ocean side great views
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunny Isles Beach
Sole on the Ocean
Sole on the Ocean
#4 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Marenas Beach Resort
Marenas Beach Resort
#2 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach Resort
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach R...
#9 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hollywood Beach
Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort
Newport Beachside Hotel and Reso...
#6 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Trump International Beach Resort
Trump International Beach Resort
#3 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach

Been to Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort? Share your experiences!