“Decent sushi, not bad but not great.”

Sumo Sushi Bar & Grill
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I can't say anything good or bad about this place. The sushi was just average, maybe I'm just spoiled by west coast sushi? Service was prompt.

Reviewed 1 May 2012 via mobile

This incredible restaurant is a bargain with super food & is tucked away in a strip mall in this high end beach town. My wife & I have had sushi all over the world & Sumo is now one of our favorites. We will definitely eat here again on our next visit.

You get great service, fresh fish & an awesome meal. Eat here once or maybe even twice-you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Proudcsuram
Reviewed 17 April 2012

The fish was all very fresh! I sat at the sushi bar & you could see that the fish was very fresh. I ordered the spicy octopus salad and all I can say is WOW!!! It was so good - thinly sliced & just enough spicy dressing over the cucumbers.
I then had a lunch special combo of sushi w/ terriyaki chicken. The combo had a miso soup, which was nothing special but good. The chicken was sauteed w/ carrots, onions, peppers & broccoli - all fresh cut vegetables & made to order.
The sushi was very good too. Tuna was just the right color of pink ... great lunch meal!

1  Thank MiNena77
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We arrived late, just before closing, so of course the service was a bit lacking, however they had a sparkling sake that was to die for! A few of us wandered over from the Meat Market for dessert only, and they had a great brownie sundae! I highly recommend.

Reviewed 7 March 2012

We're no strangers to sushi so we were pleasantly surprised at how good this place was especially since it's in a little strip mall. We ordered edamame, steamed dumplings, and 4 sushi rolls. All deadly. Go here! And don't forget the saki. $10 for a whole bottle. Whoa! I walked home.

1  Thank Esky79