“Room without a window!!”

Linwood Lodge Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Artarmon B&B and Inns
“Room without a window!!”
Reviewed 4 December 2012 via mobile

We booked this hotel trough wotif.con. We were not expecting a super flashy hotel but seriously when we faced the room we were extremely unimpressed! A very tiny window gave visibility on the under-roof of a very old and untidy building! The bathroom was exceptional small and probably in the middle of a slow renovation process due the state of the walls, doors and all the rest.
Easy location if you traveling by car with off street car park. Friendly staff!

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank gentileluca

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
sydney
Reviewed 10 October 2012

only words to describe linwood lodge artarmon is "Rat Hole" see Greg A his review is accurate. Even at $80-90/night its way too expensive for what it is your better off at a backpackers. I read the reviews but as there were 2 good 2 bad took a chance. Greg has described the place perfectly and photos dont do it justice place is worse than that. Mould on walls, bathroom is almost unsuable due to size and layout they dont provide soap unless you ask and no shampoo luckily they give you towels. Bad experience and Ive stayed in some poor places before but this is the worst I have stayed in.

Room Tip: read the reviews carefully
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank tony g

Travellers are raving about these Artarmon hotels

North Nowra, Australia
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Others have had bad experiences. We booked one of the better rooms, asked for a room at the back, away from the highway. Quiet, comfortable, does all the basics, in good condition, no defects as reported by others. Informal but helpful reception. No glamour. Good location for getting to North Shore Hospitals (take the bus across the road, pre-purchase book of tickets at a newsagent). Same if you want to go to the city, via St Leonards Station.

This is not the place for people coming to the big city and wanting the big city lights. But it is economical and practical for practical visits to the northern side of Sydney. Very easy to get to by car, very easy to get away from by car... especially if not in peak hour.

Room Tip: You must book one of the better rooms, $10 more of so, you must also ask for a room at the back, awa...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Stayed in the "older" section. Total crap, tiny rooms, desk under window was swollen and rotting in spots, bathroom door didn't close fully, tiny bathroom, basin rusting underneath, adjustable shower nozzle had two settings - attached and in your hand, tiles missing and others patched up in shower. If I was staying a second night I would have asked for a refund and gone elsewhere.

Room Tip: Tip to choose a good room... go elsewhere, honestly would never stay here again
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Greg A
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I stayed here this week, when the hotel I usually stay at in North Sydney was booked out. I read the review below and booked, requesting a room in the newer section.

I arrived on Monday night after driving for 8 hours and was exhausted, when I checked I was charged for the stay, which I thought was strange. Then I was taken to Room 402 which is in the 'new building' on the ground floor, about three meters from the cars traveling the Pacific Highway.

Goodness only knows what the rooms in the 'older' section of the building are like.

On entering the room there was a really bad smell, and I had to leave the door open which meant I felt like I was on the Pacific Highway, there are people walking on the footpath 2 metres from the door (which was a glass sliding door - not a solid door).

The room was like a shoe box, I am only small but I don't think a normal sized bloke could even fit in the shower, there is a 30cm gap between the edge of the vanity and the wall by which to sqeeze into the shower. The closet to hang clothes smelt like someone had urinated in it, and the whole room just a really bad smell. It was so bad I re-packed everything into my car.

The curtains in the glass door didn't fit properly so all the people walking past could see into the room.

The room had a old style, tiny TV, a microwave, a fridge and a big chair which I tripped over to get to the bathroom. I didn't want to touch anything and couldn't wait to get out of there. The next morning I was up at 5.30am all ready to run away. Reception didn't open until 7.00am so I waited, and rang the bell at 7.03am when no one had appeared. When the guy answered the phone I asked when reception was open and he said 7.00am,. I replied that it was after 7.00am so he said he would be about 10 - 15minutes!

When the guy came and opened reception I explained that I couldn't stay any longer as it was impossible to sleep 3 meters away from the traffic and that the room and the hotel were really dodgy and I didn't feel safe. "Ok" he replied and refunded me the money I had paid for the balance of the stay.

Nest door is a backpacker hotel which had a sign advertising $55.00 per night, I paid $89.00 a night and this hotel was a dump, If they want to run a back-packer motel, fine, but be honest on the website about what it is and charge the correct price for what they are offering.

I would not recommend staying here, there is nothing good I can say about the place, other than they were good enough to refund my money!

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank jodi06
Wagga Wagga, Australia
Reviewed 16 January 2012

A quite hotel right on the Pacific Highway going north from the city. Basic accommodation though for the price and location was beyond our expectation. Check-in and out was speedy and friendly.
Be wary though there is at least 2 standards here and we did get an upgrade.

Also experienced favourably, the need to vary our reservation [our mistake] and this was doe without fuss and with speed.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fantazbaz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Artarmon
Royal Pacific Hotel
#3 of 5 in Chatswood
No photo provided
Linwood Lodge Motel
#1 of 1 in Greenwich

Been to Linwood Lodge Motel? Share your experiences!