“Very tasty meal”

The Gallery Restaurant
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Went for dinner on Saturday night and the club was very busy. The beef and ale pie was delicious and served with lots of lovely fresh vegetables. Food portions are large, prices a little bit high for a Club but actually we felt, worth it. Have been here a couple of times before and have never been disappointed, and it appears that the menu gets changed regularly. Service was a bit slow. Will definitely return.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and our adult daughter booked for an early quick dinner. We were collected by the shuttle bus. Had been promised a window table but were given an inside one. Our order of ribs, fish and chips and ribs and steak took more than 40 minutes to arrive. Thankfully I had taken some bread rolls to our table after ordering. Food was plentiful, well presented and cooked to our liking. Wasn't cheap, but not really overpriced. Will return, but only when we've got plenty of time.

Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

Went on Sunday for lunch. Meals are fairly generous in size and well cooked. We had a large group of 9. Meals came out pretty quickly. I had a steak which I asked for medium rare. It was cooked perfectly which is often doesn't happen in a pub or club. No complaints from anyone in our group. We aren't members yet drinks are still reasonably priced. We don't go there that often. Maybe every quarter or so. Will be back again.

Reviewed 20 April 2017

Club rules. Up-market club food. Ordinary menu. We had lunch - the best I could find was fish and chips and salad. Took the grandchildren and they had fish and chips. My granddaughter sprayed herself with tomato sauce from a plastic sachet - get the idea? Not overly impressed, but it's OK for Club food. Staff nice enough. Clean.

Reviewed 18 February 2017

Have been here a few times and written a few good reviews but after standing in a queue for 35 minutes and finally getting our food 90 minutes after we arrived (on time for our booking at 19:30, started eating at 21:00) it will be a while before I go back. I know I know, so sorry they were busy. OK, don't continue to take bookings or put another staff on to take the orders. Food is OK, but not good enough to forgive the waiting. This is not a pop up gourmet place in the CBD, it is a suburban club restaurant. Poor effort.