“One night stay”

Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach
Christchurch, New Zealand
“One night stay”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stayed here for one night in May. Upon arrival the staff were very friendly and helpful, especially Jade at the front desk. I needed to go to the mall and they were happy to suggest a few options and ways to get there. I had also left my charger at home which they were happy to supply for my use.
The room itself was spacious. I had a suite with 2 wardrobes, 2 TVs, a very comfortable king and a private balcony. The bathrooms feature a bath tub and shower. My only complaint about he bathroom is that the floor is raised up from the rest of the suite and I managed to slice my foot open when walking into the bathroom. I don't understand the necessity behind the raised floor or what purpose it serves, other than for guests to injure themselves on it.
The room has an overpriced mini bar which I didn't use and I noticed down the hall there is a laundry room which charges $4 per wash. Though I didn't order any, the room service food seemed reasonably priced. On the third floor there is a restaurant as well as access to the pools and fitness centre. If I had been staying longer and adequately packed I would have used the fitness centre. It's one of the better hotel ones I have seen.
The hotel is located across the road from the beach and within easy view (and hearing distance) of the airport. There is a Coles supermarket within easy walking distance and a few restaurants and bakery's nearby. I would definitely be happy to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sarah R
nsbb, Manager at Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Sarah,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your time and feedback about the Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Please feel free to contact us direct if we can be of any further assistance and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one

Food & Beverage Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Adelaide
Reviewed 13 May 2014

After a bad day at work I was checking in to this hotel for the first time, the young lady at reception asked me how my day was going and I dumped a load of negative energy on her, she asked me to wait a minute and went out the back, she came back with two drinks vouchers for the bar and said she hoped it would help to make my day better ... It certainly did, I am a well traveled person and to be honest when most staff at hotels ask how has your day been they are not really interested, they are just following a script. In this case the young lady not only listened but acted in such a positive way that it brought a smile to my face. The room was really nice and I must say the free wine tasted delicious as well... I would recommend this hotel to anyone just on the back of that one individual act, but the room service was great too and the bed was comfortable and the view from the balcony over the beach was an extra bonus...

Room Tip: Try to get a balcony room, the view is very relaxing
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear povman1964,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience at the hotel. I’m glad to hear the Team was able to turn a bad day into a good one. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to the Team as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services at the hotel.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Tamworth, Australia
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Excellent staff very helpful great service, great location to airport, the bay garden restaurant is awesome as well done to all the staff cheers. The rooms need a bit attention in the bath rooms with the skirting around the door and shower starting to age, all good otherwise.

Stayed May 2014
Dear Howard,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience at the hotel. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and the facilities on offer. I will share your comments with our team as I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Ok if you want to be close to airport, including for conferences. Nice to have beach opposite and many rooms have nice bay views and windy balconies. Surrounding area a bit grungy and first time visitors to Sydney would be better off in town nearer harbour. Rooms themselves ok but a little tired and showing age of hotel.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
nsbb, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Melbournepk
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We were pleased to hear that our hotel generally met your needs. We are in discussion with the hotel's owners about funding for refurbishment & I will share your views on the next occasion.
Regards
Meriton Suites Mascot Central
Pullman Sydney Airport
Pullman Sydney Airport
#2 of 10 in Mascot

Been to Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach? Share your experiences!