“Not good for the money.”

Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach
Corryong, Australia
“Not good for the money.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

The only thing good about this hotel was the service at the bar.
The room was run down, the tables at breakfast were all dirty, the wine and meals overpriced for the quality. Then a false fire alarm at midnight.
Never again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kim W
nsbb, Manager at Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Kim,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience while staying at the Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations, please accept my sincerest apologies.

Please feel free to contact me direst to discuss the matter 02 9556 5111 or H1656-FB@accor.com

Food & Beverage Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed during a conference recently. The room was terrific- was lucky enough to have a spa suite. The bed was enormous and very comfortable; and I had a wonderful view over the bay. Service was excellent, especially from the IT support people and the excellent "live" chef. His omelette's were delicious, the tandoori chicken tender and beautifully cooked. However the buffet was a little sad. More fresh salad options would have been a great addition. Overall a great venue for a conference.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Siena,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach. I am glad to see you enjoyed the views of the bay from your room. I will share your comments with our team, especially our breakfast chef as I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff.

Sanctuary Point, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Honeymooned here 16 years ago when the hotel was 4-5 years old but showing its age now!
Still welcomed with a smile and same professionalism as back then. Asked about a free upgrade and was surprised to get the executive spa suite on level 12.
The free internet in the foyer added a nice touch as i was able to locate new tyres for the car whilst in sydney!

Room Tip: ask for a free upgrade
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
nsbb, Manager at Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Steve,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience at the hotel. I’m glad to hear the Team was able to assist with your request and that you enjoyed your stay. Hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Euéne Human
Western Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

My wife and I had cause to be in Sydney for a conference at this hotel, with accommodation provided. Our experience was pleasant and relaxed and the room was very large, with very good facilities, including a separate lounge area. The room was clean, but there were signs of dating with spots where the wallpaper was beginning to peel off the wall etc, but that did not effect our comfort in any way. The bed was large and comfy and we slept well. The funny thing with the room however was that it had an excellent, large bathroom, with a spa and a separate toilet and yet the toilet was very narrow and although we are not huge people, it felt cramped and uncomfortable. There was plenty of room to have designed this part of the hotel room design to have more space, without making any other area cramped. The meals at the hotel were fine and the resaurant and bar staff were helpful and friendly. We did find on check in that the lady who checked us in tended to be a non-smiler (maybe she was having a hard day) and on the couple of occasions we went to the front desk for information etc, the service tended to very slow, apart from our final checkout which was executed quickly and efficiently - including luggage storage for the day. We did have a pleasant stay though and whilst I would not rave about this hotel, I certainly would not complain if I needed to stay there again. All in all, it was a comfortable place to stay and served its purpose well in terms of conference facilities and accommodation.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
nsbb, Manager at Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Ringnuts,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach. I am glad to hear you and your wife had a relaxing time at the hotel, It is always a pleasure to receive guest feedback.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stayed here for one night in May. Upon arrival the staff were very friendly and helpful, especially Jade at the front desk. I needed to go to the mall and they were happy to suggest a few options and ways to get there. I had also left my charger at home which they were happy to supply for my use.
The room itself was spacious. I had a suite with 2 wardrobes, 2 TVs, a very comfortable king and a private balcony. The bathrooms feature a bath tub and shower. My only complaint about he bathroom is that the floor is raised up from the rest of the suite and I managed to slice my foot open when walking into the bathroom. I don't understand the necessity behind the raised floor or what purpose it serves, other than for guests to injure themselves on it.
The room has an overpriced mini bar which I didn't use and I noticed down the hall there is a laundry room which charges $4 per wash. Though I didn't order any, the room service food seemed reasonably priced. On the third floor there is a restaurant as well as access to the pools and fitness centre. If I had been staying longer and adequately packed I would have used the fitness centre. It's one of the better hotel ones I have seen.
The hotel is located across the road from the beach and within easy view (and hearing distance) of the airport. There is a Coles supermarket within easy walking distance and a few restaurants and bakery's nearby. I would definitely be happy to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sarah R
Dear Sarah,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your time and feedback about the Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Please feel free to contact us direct if we can be of any further assistance and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one

Adelaide
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

After a bad day at work I was checking in to this hotel for the first time, the young lady at reception asked me how my day was going and I dumped a load of negative energy on her, she asked me to wait a minute and went out the back, she came back with two drinks vouchers for the bar and said she hoped it would help to make my day better ... It certainly did, I am a well traveled person and to be honest when most staff at hotels ask how has your day been they are not really interested, they are just following a script. In this case the young lady not only listened but acted in such a positive way that it brought a smile to my face. The room was really nice and I must say the free wine tasted delicious as well... I would recommend this hotel to anyone just on the back of that one individual act, but the room service was great too and the bed was comfortable and the view from the balcony over the beach was an extra bonus...

Room Tip: Try to get a balcony room, the view is very relaxing
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear povman1964,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience at the hotel. I’m glad to hear the Team was able to turn a bad day into a good one. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to the Team as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services at the hotel.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brighton le Sands
Meriton Serviced Apartments Mascot Central
Quality Hotel CKS Sydney Airport
Rydges Sydney Airport Hotel
Mercure Sydney International Airport
Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport
Pullman Sydney Airport

Been to Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach? Share your experiences!