Cremorne Point Manor
Meriton Suites North Sydney(North Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$118
  • Pool
North Sydney Harbourview Hotel(North Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$109
Trip.com
  • Room Service
Rydges North Sydney(North Sydney)
US$113
  • Restaurant
Vibe Hotel North Sydney(North Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$96
  • Pool
McLaren Hotel(North Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$102
  • Room Service
Harbourside Apartments(McMahons Point)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$129
US$230
Autograph
US$521
US$124
US$113
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Old Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$235
US$186
  • Restaurant
All reviewscircular quaybreakfast roomstreet parkingferry rideshared showerresidential areasingle roomboiled eggsquiet locationbeautiful harbourthe penthousebreakfast includedopera housestayed here for one nightsmall kitchenfirst floorcomfortable bed
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed 3 nights here, booked on-line. Our room was comfortable and clean, at the back of the guest house. There are higher end rooms with full bath and Jacuzzi tubs. In this 1911 building, the ceilings are high, making the whole place airy. The décor is lovely. the beds comfortable and clean and the rooms have a little closed-in balcony. You can also sit out looking across the harbour.
The continental breakfast includes eggs and a variety of breads and cereals. A good start to the day. The Cremorne Ferry leaves from the bottom of the road taking you across to the City. Definitely the place to stay. Free internet access from the computer in the lounge.

Room Tip: The front corner suites are really lovely but all the rooms seem quiet and comfortable
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
jcbranch, General Manager at Cremorne Point Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Dear CanBrit1,
Firstly wow. We've never received a review from someone who has contributed so much to Trip advisor and I sincerely appreciate your lovely review.

I note that you appreciate the egg's addition for the continental breakfast. Though eggs are not normally part of a continental breakfast we thought they would be a welcome addition and it's been a great success our guests love it, and the cute little cooking machine and we will continue to have them.

Sincerely from all the staff at Cremorne Point Manor. Thank you for your lovely review and we look forward to your return trip.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Excellent location for getting into Sydney. A lovely boutique type motel. On the whole friendly helpful staff. Good breakfast. This is my 5th return stay in this motel and we will return again. I would say it works best for couples or solo rather than families, as the rooms are slightly on the small side.

Room Tip: Although the room we stayed in was a little small, everything you need is there. The location is great and we love returning to this motel.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Julie M
jcbranch, General Manager at Cremorne Point Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear Julie M,
Sincerely thank you for your review. I Sincerely appreciate a longtime guest writing such a lovely review. Yes are rooms are not enormous, however given the character of the building and it's prime location on cremorne point more than make up for the size. Im also pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast and look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

I stayed at this great hotel a couple of years ago and was very happy to note that not only was it as good as I remembered but better as they have carried out extensive renovations since my first visit. The atmosphere is friendly and I feel welcome. The room was comfortable and clean and the breakfast was delicious - lovely fresh bread. I can thoroughly recommend this hotel and I will definitely be back in the future.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Wendy C

Dear Wendy C,
Thank you for your lovely review. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we are very glad that a return guest loves the updates we have made. We are constantly trying to improve the guest experience.

Thank you and we look forward to your return to the Manor.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

We stayed here for one night and found the hotel good value for money. The well decorated room was thoughtfully appointed and the bathroom was clean with good towels. The breakfast was more than enough for a continental style buffet. The other guests were quiet and we didn't hear anyone even though the hotel appeared quite full. The staff were a bit hard to find on a Sunday morning but this didn't impact in the overall experience. Parking was quite hairy with space limited on the street and strict time limits applying in daylight hours - I would hate to stay here on a weekday just for this reason alone.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jjeurotrip
jcbranch, General Manager at Cremorne Point Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Jjeurotrip,
Thank you for your lovely review, I note that you are a top contributor on trip advisor with 52 reviews and I sincerely appreciate your positive comments. Your comments regarding parking are true. however weekdays are easier than summer weekends as this is our peak period. There are a number of unlimited parking spaces in front of the hotel. We also have a parking garage so if you wish for your next stay you can book parking before you arrive (it is limited though as it's popular).

Thank you again for your comments about breakfast and the quietness of the hotel, We look forward to your future stay at the Manor.

Jean-Claude Branch

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We stayed at this place for one night because we were visiting a friend who lives in the area and it was only a 10 min walk from the hotel to their house, very convenient. There are not many other options in the area.

First impressions were good, there is street parking outside which is free, the hotel's frontage and outside areas are nice and well kept.

The reception was smooth and we were given a warm friendly welcome.

Downhill from there unfortunately. We paid AU $240 for a "King" room. This wasn't a king bed, it was 2 singles pushed together and the mattresses were tired. As were we in the morning, the lift in this hotel is noisy and people walking up and down the corridors talking (including staff shouting to each other) woke us up on several occasions.

The room smelt of damp and was very dusty, it really needs a good deep clean. The mirror had make up smears from a previous guest over the frame and had not been cleaned properly. The bathroom was teeny tiny but clean and adequate. There were plenty of clean fluffy towels which was good.

It wasn't until I woke up the next day with a sore throat (as did my wife) that I noticed a pot of "Damp Rid" on top of the very dusty wardrobe. They are clearly aware this room had issues with damp, maybe all the downstairs rooms do.

The continental breakfast was very basic and done on the cheap. Basically cereal, ski yoghurt, bread and tinned fruit. There was an opportunity to make your own boiled eggs which I thought was the best option. We felt rather uncomfortable at breakfast, it definitely had the feel that the lady working in the kitchen would rather not have been there and that it was a big chore for her to be attending to the breakfast. She was polite to us but we felt a bit unwelcome.

Checkout was easy, the bill was ready and processed very quickly.

Overall I would summarize that front of house was well executed but the room was very disappointing for the price. I would regard this as a mediocre 3 star hotel with a b&b / hostel feel.

On the plus side it's very close to the walking track that runs around Cremorne Point which is beautiful and well worth doing if you are in the area.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 8, it's damp and noisy. I didn't see them but I expect the rooms upstairs would be better than those downstairs.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear 'Somewheredownthere',
Regarding your review. I'm sorry that you did not have a pleasant experience. I do have some concern regarding your review as to have photographed the top of the cupboard and above the pictures you would have had to stand on top of our highest furniture as when we do clean above the closet, which we do on a regular basis. We use ladders. I also note that your only other review was negative It's clear that you utilise trip advisor to vent your frustration which is your choice however it doesn't do anything to make your stay more enjoyable, We are a small family business and endeavour to ensure all our guests are always happy.

Nevertheless I am sorry that your experience was not satisfactory. I would suggest that next time you have a poor experience in any hotel that you bring this to the attention of the managers and any decent hotel such as ours would be most happy to resolve the problem.

As to the breakfast being cheap. I do take offence. We use the best quality produce with fresh fruit. Daily delivered bakery bread (we also warm it in the oven for guests). Quality Vittoria coffee and a lovely breakfast room to enjoy this Free included breakfast.

As a long time hotel operator I would suggest for your future travels to talk to the staff in any establishment and air your grievances they would often be very happy to assist,

Finally the use of the damp rid. Cremorne Point Manor is a heritage building over 100 years old. I doubt you'll find any building in Sydney of this age with no dampness whatsoever. We have multiple systems in place to ensure the warm dry comfort of our guests. However given the state controlled restrictions I can't simply knock down the manor (which would be a travesty) to build a concrete block. So we will continue to do our best to ensure the rooms are warm dry and inviting and for all guests who prefer to take photo's of friends family and vista's instead of behind the bed and above the picture frame.

If you've read this far. please look at many reviews. We do try to ensure our guests are happy and while we have thousands of satisfied guests. we can't satisfy 100% of people and I suspect they would never be satisfied.