“Great Hotel”

Cremorne Point Manor
Newcastle, Australia
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This Hotel is certainly one of the best hotels I've stayed in around Sydney and it may not look much to some people but I must say its pretty impressive once you walk through the front door and see the friendly, kind staff that are more than happy to assist with anything you need. The beds are very good and comfortable and the bathroom is big enough. The breakfast option is very convenient if you are short for time or just don't feel like going anywhere for breakfast. The food is quality and nice. They do also have some pretty good coffee in the breakfast area

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank BillabongJ
jcbranch, General Manager at Cremorne Point Manor, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear BillabongJ,
It gives me great pleasure to read your lovely review. I sincerely appreciate the feedback and will also share your lovely comments about the staff with everyone that works at Cremorne Point Manor. I also note you like our breakfast and our coffee. While it's not the "Full english". We often hear it's a very good continental and with the addition of the boiled eggs it's somewhere in between. And yes our coffee is pretty decent and helps to kick start the day.

Again thank you for your excellent review and we look forward to welcoming you to the Manor again in the near future

JC Branch

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I have stayed at Cremorne Point Manor 3 times a year for the last 5 years so it became like my second home. Staff remember my name and are friendly. Nothing is too much bother. One year I had a knee replacement and when i visited in the months after, I asked if they had a shower chair. Although the answer was no, they went out and acquired one for me that same day. Each time I visited since, the shower chair is there for me in my room. I ask for a downstairs room and they are always able to oblige with my request. The rooms are always immaculately clean and in winter they have the air con on as they know approx when I will arrive, so I enter into a warm room.
Breakfast is a nice bonus to get the day started and now that they have added the choice of eggs too it gives a little more choice. A piece of fresh fruit is available to take for morning snack.
Although it's a sloped walk down to the ferry if you take your time it's not too far and then you are in the city, but that's typical of Sydney streets.
Thanks to the friendly staff for a pleasant stay as always.

Room Tip: Don't choose the single room with shared shower as it is very small.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
jcbranch, General Manager at Cremorne Point Manor, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Kath,
Reading your review really makes me happy. Thank you so much for your lovely feedback I will be sending your review to all the staff at the Manor. We are so pleased that you like the little things such as the shower chair brought into your room, and the heater turned on in winter. Your comments are just lovely and we sincerely hope that your Sydney home and all of us here at the Manor will be able to welcome you again in the very near future.

Thank you again and we look forward to your return.

Harlingen, Texas
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This is a delightful renovated building just a few blocks from a ferry stop across the harbor from the Opera House. The air-conditioned room was decorated nicely and included a bath. The B&B is located in an established, quiet neighborhood. We had the second-floor room in the front with a lovely view. The staff was helpful, courteous and friendly. Breakfast (which is quiet substantial) is served in a large downstairs room to the back of the property which looks out on a small patio adorned with several tree ferns. We were delighted that there was a comfortable living room area upstairs with a computer for guest use, also a small kitchen furnished with a fridge and microwave, along with paper plates/plasticware. The latter was handy when we decided to bring home some meat pies for supper! Another nice amenity in the room was a large umbrella which we actually had occasion to use.
Please note that this B&B is not in the main tourist area; you should be willing to walk to the ferry stop and take a short ferry ride across the harbor. Also, since it is in a neighborhood, there are no restaurants very close, but that was not a problem for us either. In the foyer, the staff helpfully displays local restaurant menus, and notes about which ones deliver so if you do not want to go out you can have dinner brought right to your door. What could be better? We will definitely stay here if our travels take us to Sydney again. I have also given my Travel Agent a rave review of Cremorne Point Manor.

Room Tip: Pick one of the rooms on the second floor to the front if you want a larger room with a nicer view.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank VoyagerOwl
jcbranch, General Manager at Cremorne Point Manor, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Voyager Owl,
A sincere thank you for your review and also telling your travel agent. We absolutely appreciate your comments. I am so pleased that you had such a lovely time at the Manor. You really seemed to know all our best points such as our lovely staff and location. I admit I've often used the delivery service to have dinner delivered. I like that I can get the local chicken shop to deliver a roast dinner. (however I digress).

Again thanks for your review and we sincerely hope that you return to the manor soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Well presented room, the complimentary chocolates and wine were well received. Nice view of the harbour from the second floor. Be cognizant of the ferry timetable if you are heading to the city, you may have to wait 30 min if you miss it

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Robert N
Dear Robert,
Thank you for your positive review. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed our little gift and that the view from the room over the harbour was to your liking. I am aware of the ferry timetable it runs generally every half hour but during the peak times more often. Our front office is always happy to provide the details or just look outside and see the locals running to catch it, always a good sign to know it's leaving soon.

Thanks again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you again at Cremorne Point Manor.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Rooms towards the front of the building are bigger and more expensive. I had a basic cabin-sized single room with toilet in the Annex - shower was down the hallway. The room was serviced weekly, or on departure. Breakfast included.

Pros: location; helpful staff; a few minutes walk to the ferry and a 10 minute ride to the City; a few minutes by taxi to Cremore and some great cafés. Direct 20 minute (!) run to airport by local shuttle service.

Cons: tiny room - but that's what I paid for. Shared shower - but that's what I paid for. Noisy neighbours on the Saturday night at local backpackers....they went to bed eventually....

Room Tip: Everything towards the front is better, but you pay for it.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Bill WJ P
Dear Bill,
Thank you for your lovely review. Yes you are right our location is Superb. We are close to the city while still being in a nice quiet place. Thank you also for noting our staff. I will be sure to share you comments with them.

I know your room is small, our Annex rooms are small but they are priced accordingly and of course you still have our lovely breakfast and can sit in our garden or balconies and enjoy the area.

Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you again soon at the Manor

Canberra
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stayed at Cremorne Point Manor about 10 days ago, one night in a twin room and one in a single withe ensuite. I can highly recommend the Manor as a place to stay while in Sydney, especially if you wish to enjoy and explore the beautiful Cremorne area. The rooms, while small, are nicely renovated, comfortable and have good facilities (tea and coffee making, bar fridge, hairdyer), the beds are very comfortable, each bed has a reading light, and the bathroom, though small is well-appointed. As we were there over the weekend we managed to find a free park in Cremorne Road (time limited during the week) for the duration of our stay, though the streets are heavily parked. The first night we arrived we ordered food delivered from a local ethnic eatery and were able to eat it in the small, but very pleasant garden in front of the Manor. It was a very pleasant way to enjoy a balmy Sydney evening. Breakfasts in the breakfast room was also very enjoyable (included in room price as booked through Manor website). The other high points of staying at the Manor are travelling to and from the city on the ferry and taking some of the beautiful walks in the area. I must also express my appreciation to the manager who gave me a very generous rate when we required an additional room at short notice. In my view the room rate for the single rooms, with or without ensuite, are very good value for a location easily accessible to central Sydney, especially midweek.

Room Tip: Single room with ensuite is good value
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Margaret B
jcbranch, General Manager at Cremorne Point Manor, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear Margaret B,
Thank you for your lovely review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. Also that we were able to assist you with the additional room that you required. We try to ensure all our guests are happy and it's nice to hear that you also ordered dinner and had it in the little garden. We of course do provide breakfast and as you noted when you book direct it's always free.

When you are next coming to Sydney I do hope that you choose the Cremorne Point Manor again.

sydney, australia
Reviewed 27 May 2014

It is a beautiful spot for walkers to enjoy our wonderful harbour. I had a ground floor room with a huge bathroom very comfortable bed highly recommend this place. I walked around to Mosman Rowers for a yummy fish and chips and glass of wine

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank sydneygirl23
Dear SydneyGirl23,

I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. thank you for your lovely review, it's nice to know that you had a pleasant walk around to the Mosman rowers. Also it's nice to hear that you enjoyed the beds, they are newly replaced and I tried to ensure they are of the highest quality.

We hope to see you again

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cremorne Point
Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection
Rydges North Sydney
Rydges North Sydney
#6 of 9 in North Sydney

Been to Cremorne Point Manor? Share your experiences!